The Big East outplays the ACC once again.....

Guest JJBrickface

Guest JJBrickface

Georgetown eliminates the lone ACC team, North Carolina to get to the final four. Gtown in the Final 4 and WVU in the NIT final four, not bad.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Georgetown eliminates the lone ACC team, North Carolina to get to the final four. Gtown in the Final 4 and WVU in the NIT final four, not bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe WVU fans think that the NIT is a big deal

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

NIT = Not In Tournament

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey...at least they are still playing

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

NIT = Not In Tournament

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NOT a good point

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding me?? You don't find that playing in a post season tourney is not helpful for a young team in the upcoming season? They could have been at home but instead they have played against some solid teams and added more experience.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

NIT = Not In Tournament

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NOT a good point

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding me?? You don't find that playing in a post season tourney is not helpful for a young team in the upcoming season? They could have been at home but instead they have played against some solid teams and added more experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

NOT a good point again.

This isn't even relevant to what the topic is about.

Guest JJBrickface

Actually it is a good point...and the reason its not relevant to the topic is that because you made irrelevant. Sopat yourself on the back for being a first class retard.

its alright brickface..they cant stand it dude...and for the other people the NIT means the world to me its what TOURNAMENT my team is in..so the little smart ass comment"Not In Tournament" is really stupid..but anyways Bring it home Georgetown and WVU!

[ QUOTE ]

Actually it is a good point...and the reason its not relevant to the topic is that because you made irrelevant. Sopat yourself on the back for being a first class retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't call me names Brickface, just because you are trying to rub something in my face and it didn't work.

"Are you kidding me?? You don't find that playing in a post season tourney is not helpful for a young team in the upcoming season? They could have been at home but instead they have played against some solid teams and added more experience."

Yes this definitely means that the Big East outplayed the ACC...WTF NO IT DOESN'T! IRRELEVANT!

The title of this thread is true, considering Georgetown did beat UNC, but GHS06 does have a point when he said WVU being in the NIT final 4 has nothing to do with the Big East outplaying the ACC. I'm not taking anything away from WVU, they're still playing in a post-season tournament, even if it's not the big one, it's still good for them and it does mean something. Especially to those players, because I'm sure theres nothing more they want to do right now than to win the NIT. But still, that has nothing to do with this topic.

[ QUOTE ]

its alright brickface..they cant stand it dude...and for the other people the NIT means the world to me its what TOURNAMENT my team is in..so the little smart ass comment"Not In Tournament" is really stupid..but anyways Bring it home Georgetown and WVU!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah you are right man...sorry i didnt say anything sooner...congratulations on having the best SUCKY team in the nation...the NIT is for those who CANT make the tourney...if Texas was in the NIT they would still be in it too...but they made it to the BIG DANCE which is more than WVU fans can say about their team...

[ QUOTE ]

WVU's record against the final four teams left in the tournament this year: 2-1. Can't say the same for the Hokies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very VERY valid point.

The hokies are 0-0 against the final four teams. If UCLA had their point guard, WVU would have been 1-2. Well i guess that means VT is better. no, no it doesnt.

At least WVU fans had a valid argument saying that WVU had a better football team this year. Just take that, and shut up.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

WVU's record against the final four teams left in the tournament this year: 2-1. Can't say the same for the Hokies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very VERY valid point.

The hokies are 0-0 against the final four teams. If UCLA had their point guard, WVU would have been 1-2. Well i guess that means VT is better. no, no it doesnt.

At least WVU fans had a valid argument saying that WVU had a better football team this year. Just take that, and shut up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yea? Collison would have made that much of a difference huh? You fail to realize that Joe Mazzula was out for WVU and Ted Talkington, a walkon from Magnolia High School came in and sparked the team. BTW, Va Tech was 0-3 against NC State, WVU was 2-0 against them. I know that doesn't mean much but all I know is that its really nice to see my team still playing as opposed to them losing in the 1sr or 2nd round of the NCAA tourney.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah you are right man...sorry i didnt say anything sooner...congratulations on having the best SUCKY team in the nation...the NIT is for those who CANT make the tourney...if Texas was in the NIT they would still be in it too...but they made it to the BIG DANCE which is more than WVU fans can say about their team...

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, wvu dosent suck..

[ QUOTE ]

Against top 25 opponents:

VT 4-1

WVU 2-3

[/ QUOTE ]

NCAA Tournament

ACC - 7 of 12

Big East - 6 of 16

NIT

ACC - 3 of 5

Big East 4 of 10

Both conferences had 10 teams in both combined tournaments, but the ACC had one more in the tournament that actually MATTERED. Too bad the Big East has 4 more teams than the ACC, which means top to bottom, the ACC is a stronger conference.

WVU may be doing pretty well in the NIT, but guess what, it is the NIT.

The NIT means just as much as the Pre-Season NIT and all those other stupid tournaments...jack crap.