VHS BASEBALL

5 scrimmages?? I thought you could only have 2 in VA. As much attention as the papers give V-High I couldn't imagine them getting away w/5 scrimmages. The word would get out. What 5 schools did they scrimmage? Or, are you just exaggerating??

yea, thats what i figured..i hate when people get on here and claim crazy stuff...so, mister YOU KNOW WHO..name the 5 teams the Cats have scrimmaged. Bet you can't do it!!! I bet there's only 2!!!

man, thats a serious claim right there...if that could be confirmed then they've violated VHSL rules...The coaching staff at VHS run a solid program and I don't see them cheating, but I guess if they scrimmaged those teams I would bet the other teams in their region wouldn't be too happy. But, at this point its pure speculation. But, I guess, all anyone would need to do is call the schools that you guys claimed have played them. I just hope this isnt someone starting rumors. But, if they're cheating they need to be called out on it. I hope its not true!

So PH, Gate City, and VHS all decided to get together to take infield, bp, and go over bunt coverages together? Is that what you are saying? Seems odd, that they could just do that at their own fields. Seems like a waste of gas if you ask me.

well, i wasnt sure if they counted or not..so, in my boredom i checked on the online vhsl handbook..here's what i found:

54-6-1 Scrimmages-A scrimmage is a practice session between two or among three organized teams, or between groups of players representing their respective teams, or between one organized team and a group of players from another organized team which is representing its team in play.

54-6-2 Member schools are prohibited from participating in, or allowing their teams or players representing the teams to participate in, more than two scrimmages in any sport.

So, yea, it does sound like to me...that if you were "just practicing" together that it would also be considered a scrimmage.....im starting to wonder if they really did just scrimmage, but use the ole "hey, we're just practicing together" line...but, even if they did that, it sounds like a violation. I think its stupid that the VHSL only allows 2 scrimmages, but i dont think it would be fair for any team to ignore that dumb rule, while other schools in the region actually honor the rule. what are your thoughts??

[ QUOTE ]

You cannot practice with another team; it is a scrimmage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Show me the rule on that one.

Way back in the day, we used to practice with Bluefield HS on a regular basis at Bowen Field...working on many "in-game" type situations that aren't as easy to work on with your own team (since they probably know what your trying to do anyway). Even though we sucked, it did help both us and Bluefield...

scrimmage (n.) The contest between two teams from the time the ball is snapped until it is declared dead.

scrimmage (n.) A practice session or informal game, as between two units of the same team.

scrimmage (v.) Sports To engage in a scrimmage.

[ QUOTE ]

scrimmage (n.) The contest between two teams from the time the ball is snapped until it is declared dead.

scrimmage (n.) A practice session or informal game, as between two units of the same team.

scrimmage (v.) Sports To engage in a scrimmage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, then, I guess both teams broke the rules a lot back then...LOL...