Is Richlands still getting turf?

bandsucks

[ QUOTE ]

They are suppose to strat on it at the end of this month or the begging of next month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still think it is a fingers crossed situation for this year. Looks good though. It is a sure thing next year however, if it doesn't get done this year.

Who Emats? I wouldn't believe that. They do these things through "The Bowerbank Foundation" which was founded by Emats CEO John Bowerbank. The purpose of the foundation is to fund projects like this at schools located in area's where the company has business interests.

[ QUOTE ]

It's already mid April and they were supposed to start on Honaker's turf before Richlands from what I heard, and they haven't even started on Honakers. So is the whole turf thing a rumour?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen pics of where they had scraped the grass of the field at Honaker, and i may be wrong but i think the pic was put up on this forum somewhere!

[ QUOTE ]

dose anyone know if richlands is getting turf this year or not

[/ QUOTE ]

Honakers' field was planned way before Richlands. However, Richlands is now part of the project. Honakers field will get done first. Then if there is enough time, to get Richlands field done then they will do it as well. If it doesn't get done this year it is a 100% go for next year. So if you are a Richlands fan, keep your fingers crossed!!!

[ QUOTE ]

I saw the field from the top of the stadium yesterday... if it doesn't get done this year we better pray for a drought this fall

[/ QUOTE ]

You said it!! Without field turf, I am not sure how it will hold up during the mid October to November weather. haha Like I said, keep your fingers crossed!!

[ QUOTE ]

If you dont get turff put the little league at the Rec park and save the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go ahead and mark the field, build the seating and facilities, acquire a scoreboard and lights and we may have something. Since this is not going to happen. Moving the "little league" to the rec. park is not a viable option.

I think the debate has always been, how much "traffic" the field gets. I used to agree that maybe the youth should have their own field, but after years of doing games and seeing the field from season beginning, to season end I am not sure that the youth make that much difference in the field. Could be drainage. Could be a voodoo curse from the folks at Tazewell or Graham (that's a joke by the way before anyone gets too upset haha). I think it is just one of those fields that just kinda look that way at the end of the year. To sum it up, again keep your fingers crossed for field turf!!!

Our field has never drained good. Like the mug said from the 92 state champ's.... our field is better suited for a tractor pull. But then again I like it like that. But then again we don't run much I formation any more. So there is no use in playing in the mud.

Most years the field is taken care of but it would be a wasted effort this year if we do get field turf. I'm sure they will do a lot of work if it's decided that field turf isn't possible for 2007