Is Richlands still getting turf?

bandsucks

Nah, the only work I've seen is the middle school gym and the underground power lines for the new lights. I don't expect field turf to happen this year. Keeping my fingers crossed though

the problem is that no one thought of putting in french drains around the parking lots and surrounding areas and all of that water spills into the valley created by the field. This could be taken care of with a directional boring machine and some corregated piping and while they were at it put about 8 lines down the center of the field and the field would drain nicely. Problem solved the center hump would be gone and we could run a sweep from the hash mark! LOL

• 3 weeks later...

I was told by one of the Richlands players last week, that the turf was put off until next year. Work on Honaker was underway. This was confirmed in an article in today's "Free Press"

[ QUOTE ]

I hate it for the community. All the hype and talk and now a delay. Let's hope the deal stays together.

[/ QUOTE ]

I blame the TCSB...grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I hate it for the community. All the hype and talk and now a delay. Let's hope the deal stays together.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't think there is anyone to blame... it's just the way it is. Would be great to get it this year but the fact we are eventually going to get it is what's important.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't think there is anyone to blame... it's just the way it is. Would be great to get it this year but the fact we are eventually going to get it is what's important.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of eventually doing something....bigd, how about that pick-up football game we all talked about....when is that happening?

another reason the turf isn't being put in this year is because nobody has really jumped on board and headed it off yet because everyone thought it was a done deal i guess..the new basketball court and bleachers was pushed for big time and it's almost already done

OK.. 3:00 Sunday. Hurley, va

FYI: No Guns this time please!!. and keep the fighting chickens a home too. just stick to b-ball.

See ya then

89 Tornado is so old and broken down he can't get down in a 3 point stance without grunting and giving away the play. I would suggest that 89 Tornado should assume the role of waterboy and be responsible for wiping the condensation off the cans of beverages as he hands them to the actual combatants!

• 2 weeks later...