T-shirts to raise money for VT victims families...

A co-worker and I are putting together a t-shirt, with help from a business in Roanoke, to sell with all money going toward helping the victims families pay for funeral arrangements, etc. The t-shirts will have a ribbon like those yellow ribbons people display in support of the troops. The t-shirts will be white with the interior of the ribbon in maroon and it encircled in orange. Above the ribbon will be the date "4-16-07" and below the ribbon will be "Remember." The shirts will be $10, and again ALL the money will be going toward the Hokie Spirit fund to help the families pay for funeral arrangements. I was wanting to gauge interest of those on this board to see if anyone would be interesting in purchasing one of the shirts. The first 100 shirts will be ready on Friday and I will post a picture of one at that point. Thanks to the kind owner the shirts will be available at Play It Again Sports in Roanoke and Christiansburg.

Just so you guys know, this is the fund that we'll be sending the money from the t-shirts to:

Hokie Spirit Memorial Fund: Virginia Tech has established the Hokie Spirit Memorial Fund to aid in the healing process and generate financial support for expenses including grief counseling, memorials, communication expenses, comfort expenses and incidental needs. Contributions can be made online at www.vt.edu/tragedy/memorial_fund.php.

Alright here's the morning update on the t-shirt after a meeting with my two other co-workers this morning. Play It Again Sports will receive 50 shirts and split them between their C'burg and Roanoke stores with C'burg getting the most. That will leave us with 105 shirts from first production. However, will we be making more shirts and what we've decided to do is take order and then make the second round based on those orders. If you'd like to order a shirt(s) then please PM or email me the number you'd like and the sizes. Please ask around and gather orders from family and friends and then email or PM me those orders at one time so that it'll be easier to ensure you get all of your order. My co-workers and I will most likely be hand delivering these shirts when they're ready. Also we ask for your patience once you've placed your order. We are three regular guys with full-time, 40-hour a week jobs, but we want everyone that would like a shirt to get one. Also, our screen printer, T-shirts Unlimited in Roanoke, Virginia is a small Mom and Pops operation and will have to order the shirts once the orders are given to them. So it'll take a couple of days to get the shirts order, in-stock, and printed. We will be as fast as possible with those orders, however. And remember the purpose of this entire project is to help the families, friends, classmates, etc. of the victims at VT in the healing process.

Email: btlusk@comcast.net

Update on the shirts. Our first 500 shirts arrived at the printers at noon today and he began printing them immediately. They were selling as soon as they came off the presses with walk-ups and preorders from Play It Again Sports. By 3:30 this afternoon, before all were even printed, all 500 had been sold. We have 200 more shirts coming tomorrow, which will be ready on Monday. All 200 of those shirts are already spoke for from orders at Play It Again Sports. We've placed another order for 500 more shirts this afternoon that should arrive very early next week. The three of us haven't even began filling our personal order such as family and friends yet. What does all of this mean? This project has already exceeded our wildest dreams. Thus far with today's 500 and Monday's 200 shirts we've already made $7000.00 for the Hokie spirit fund. We've estimated that in personl orders as of right now we've got another 400 shirts that we'll need. I personally haven't even began to tap into many of my friends and family, so I will most likely by myself need 200-300 shirts. Play It Again is looking to get mass shipment and they now want to stock their store in Lynchburg with the shirts. The banks in Roanoke such as Wachovia and BT&T are looking to make mass purchases for employees and to sell.

I'm simply blown away by how big this thing has gotten so fast. We will be making shirts and selling them until the demand is no longer there. If you want a shirt you will get a shirt, but it might be a couple of weeks. We ask that you please remain patient with us as we try our best to met the demand. And remember, everyone single cent is going to the Hokie Spirit Memorial Fund.