Top Players In Region IV

abingdonfan

while i realize they didn't win it last year and they may not win it again this year...the above post (by the cchssoccerlegend) can be taken further by saying since the piedmont joined region 4 back around 1994, martinsville has won at least 6 or 7 region titles (maybe more) in those 13 or so years.

[ QUOTE ]

while i realize they didn't win it last year and they may not win it again this year...the above post (by the cchssoccerlegend) can be taken further by saying since the piedmont joined region 4 back around 1994, martinsville has won at least 6 or 7 region titles (maybe more) in those 13 or so years.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was unaware that abingdon had beat martinsville in the semifinals last year b/c i hadn't kept track of soccer all that well last year...so congrats to them for that impressive victory. just to clarify that i admit my post is partially wrong and i'll man up to it when that occurs.

i agree with this post b/c it supports the fact that martinsville is always looked at as the team to beat in the region b/c of their unparalled success over the years. they are one of the teams many others use to measure how good of a team they are by how well they play against martsinville. i'll admit abingdon and marion both have generally had very respectable and good teams, along with magna vista occasionally, but they aren't quite so overwhelmingly dominate in my opinion.

regardless good luck to the remaining teams b/c they are the cream of the crop in the region and we all want to see region IV succeed at states.