Bluefield beats tazewell to get 3rd place

We beat Tazewell 3-2 in a quick 2-hour game today..Great pitching by J.B Dobbins and great defense is what won this game today!! Great job guys...And Ben Goss game through with a huge R.B.I double in the bottom of the fifth to put us up 3-1...Overall we played team baseball today, and J.B came through for us on the mound..

Its been awhile since we have finised this good!! Great job

I listened to it on the radio.....richlands has 4 games this week (including 2 district games) so they pitched two sophomores and saved their best pitchers for district action...

no offense, but that is kinda stupid..they were 9-0 coming into this game..I don't think they needed to worry about the 2 district games this week..they should have pitched their ace to win the coppinger..bad coaching in my opinion

I didn't listen to the game but I'm sure they wanted to make sure the nucleus of their staff would available for the games this week. I'm also sure they had confidence in the pitchers they sent out today... so it's not like they threw it away. They just got beat

[ QUOTE ]

no offense, but that is kinda stupid..they were 9-0 coming into this game..I don't think they needed to worry about the 2 district games this week..they should have pitched their ace to win the coppinger..bad coaching in my opinion

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold up rocks, it makes perfect sense what they did.

They would rather lose a tournament that means nothing at all except in the bragging rights to win two district games that could make or brake their entire season.

Sounds like great coaching to me.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See, that's something you WV folks don't understand...in VA DISTRICT games are more important than any other regular season games...you save your best for those games. In the big picture, winning the Coppinger means nothing...winning the District means qualifying for the Regional tournament and a shot at State...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See, that's something you WV folks don't understand...in VA DISTRICT games are more important than any other regular season games...you save your best for those games. In the big picture, winning the Coppinger means nothing...winning the District means qualifying for the Regional tournament and a shot at State...

[/ QUOTE ]well if their not gonna play the best players then why not just make it a WV tourney and take the VA teams out so they can just focus on winning their district? i'll have to mention that to coach boyles next time we lift together

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]well if their not gonna play the best players then why not just make it a WV tourney and take the VA teams out so they can just focus on winning their district? i'll have to mention that to coach boyles next time we lift together

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a bad idea...at least that way a WV school would actually have a chance to WIN the tournament...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a bad idea...at least that way a WV school would actually have a chance to WIN the tournament...

[/ QUOTE ]i heard that cuz

its just one of those days in baseball.....i know its strange fot grayson to beat richlands and for bluefield to beat tazewell......but hey, on game day those two teams showed up and outplayed their opponents.....good job by both teams!