All Sw district?

[ QUOTE ]

i think it's time you quit downing the high school athlete and move on, parsons.

nothing is wrong with the scorekeeping. Also, for your own personal information, twice this year Graham had only three hits. Both times, McCoy had two of them

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is not to down anyone..... I'm sure that McCoy is a fine player.... I do not have the individual game statistics for each player, and I didn't really get to watch alot of baseball this year. My skepticism over Graham batting averages comes mainly from hearing that certain graham players had very high averages last year, and I knew from reading the papers that there was a series of games in which graham had few or no hits........I should have worded my posts better so that it didn't sound like a personal attack on McCoy.....

[ QUOTE ]

i think it's time you quit downing the high school athlete and move on, parsons.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are right........it was irresponsible of me to post in a way that implies that McCoy had anything less than a truly outstanding season.....i suppose i let my opinions of the quality of graham's baseball program prejudice me in regard to his accomplishments and i definitely regret my comments

I suppose you did as well, but it's a non-issue since (1)I'm not the fun-police and (2) you seem very apologetic towards your statement.

It will be interesting to see the shortstop position, because Yost from Graham made second team, and i would surely think that Jennings made first. So does that mean Yost beat out the guys from Carroll and Tazewell ? FYI, Yost started the season 2 - 22 at the plate...

All-Southwest District Baseball

First Team

Pâ€â€Jordan Barnett, Richlands; David Singleton, Carroll County

Câ€â€Bruiser Moore, Tazewell

1Bâ€â€Chris Lineberry, Carroll County

2Bâ€â€Taylor McCoy, Graham

3Bâ€â€Bart Horton, Carroll County

SSâ€â€Caleb Jennings, Richlands; Tyler Kitts, Tazewell

OFâ€â€Eric McDaniel, Tazewell; D.J. Simmons, Richlands; Cliff Scott, Graham; Dusty Cochran, Carroll County

DHâ€â€Kris Null, Richlands

UTLâ€â€T.J. Martin, Carroll County

Player of Yearâ€â€Jordan Barnett, Richlands

Coach of Yearâ€â€Brad Strong, Richlands

Second Team

Pâ€â€Ethain Keene, Richlands; Trevor Sargent, Tazewell

Câ€â€Joel Elswick, Richlands; Cody Robinson, Carroll County

1Bâ€â€Zach Pruett, Richlands; Brandon Shepard, Tazewell

2Bâ€â€Michael Ascue, Tazewell; Christian Hearl, Richlands

3Bâ€â€Nick Pruett, Richlands; T.J. Taxley, Tazewell

SSâ€â€Matt Yost, Graham

OFâ€â€Chas Vencille, Richlands; Jordan Robinson, Tazewell; E.J. Johnson, Tazewell

UTLâ€â€Shane Wicks, Richlands; Trey Lambert, Tazewell

Honorable Mention

Richlandsâ€â€Taylor Sizemore, Blake Wilson, Eric Stiltner; Tazewellâ€â€Dustin Dean, Taylor Herald, Jason Canning, Bill Cronce; Grahamâ€â€Nathan Branch, Steven Brown, T.J. Marrs, Tyler Barreras, David Marrs; Carroll Countyâ€â€Michael Kelly, Jarrod McCombs, Brent Hall

• 9 months later...