All Region IV Girls and Guys

beano5

All-Region IV Soccer

First Team Girls

Tazewellâ€â€Allison Hunter, Abbey Kitts, Breanne Vencill; Grahamâ€â€Maggie Jones, Beth Mercke; Abingdonâ€â€Amanda Holley; Virginia Highâ€â€Carrie Wisman, Abigail Shankel, Hannah Shankel, Mary Goodpasture; Martinsvilleâ€â€Lauren Welch, Natalie Evans; Bassettâ€â€Sasha Doss, Ava Winkler.

Player of Year  Allison Hunter, Tazewell

Coaches of Year  Jerry Goodpasture, Christian Gallucci, Virginia High

Second Team Girls

Tazewellâ€â€Cara Cecil, Lura Pruett; Grahamâ€â€Brittany Hayes, Hannah Kaylor; Carroll Countyâ€â€Keisha Payne. Abingdonâ€â€Shannon Mann, Amy Dykstra, Jessica Stepp; Virginia Highâ€â€Rachel Wingard, Kirsten Frye; Magna Vistaâ€â€Patty Oliver; Martinsvilleâ€â€Jennifer Dodson; Bassettâ€â€Taura Motley; Tunstallâ€â€Hannah Bowman; Patrick Countyâ€â€Amanda Bowman.

Honorable Mention Girls

Tazewellâ€â€Molly Thompson; Grahamâ€â€Stephanie Smith; Richlandsâ€â€Raini Ratliff; Carroll Countyâ€â€Amber Murphy, Cynthia Arellano; Virginia Highâ€â€Adrianna Ontaneda, Candice West; Abingdonâ€â€Cameron Moss; Marionâ€â€Emily Williams, Danielle Keen; Patrick Countyâ€â€Mallory Gilley, Houstan Boles; Magna Vistaâ€â€Caroline Grandalos, Chelsey Solomon; Dan Riverâ€â€Abigail Noble.

â€â€Ã¢â‚¬â€Ã¢â‚¬â€

First Team Boys

Tazewellâ€â€T.J. Rasnick, Zach Cline; Grahamâ€â€Landon Furry; Richlandsâ€â€Taylor Lindsey; Carroll Countyâ€â€Logan Worrell;

Abingdonâ€â€Neil Henry, Tyler Thompson, Shane Stallard; Marionâ€â€Adam Freeman, Mikey Cisneros; Martinsvilleâ€â€Justin Woolridge, Will Reynolds, Garrett Vaughn, Scott Wenkstern; Bassettâ€â€Daniel Maldonado.

Player of Year  Neil Henry, Abingdon

Coach of Year  Mike Leonard, Abingdon

Second Team Boys

Tazewellâ€â€Blake Belcher; Grahamâ€â€Ben Blair; Richlandsâ€â€Brett Tatum; Carroll Countyâ€â€Isai Faustino, Zach Edwards; Virginia Highâ€â€Caleb Hunt; Abingdonâ€â€Nick Proctor, Daniel Mills, Jared Beaty; Marionâ€â€Garrett Bushnall; Magna Vistaâ€â€David Szynal; Martinsvilleâ€â€Josh Torrez; Tunstallâ€â€Daniel Jones; Bassettâ€â€Fernando Gonzalez, Tremayne Via

Honorable Mention Boys

Tazewellâ€â€Justin Belcher, Grahamâ€â€Jimmy Prieto, Chaz Cole; Richlandsâ€â€Matt Jessee, Chase Cole; Carroll Countyâ€â€Chris Hawks; Abingdonâ€â€Alex Bridwell; Virginia Highâ€â€Nick Esposito, Curtis Clatworthy, Peter Lowman; Marionâ€â€Tommy Deboard, Brock Hannah, Brett Snavely; Bassettâ€â€Chris Cunningham, Manuel Avila; Martinsvilleâ€â€Will Mahoney, Brennan Murphy; Magna Vistaâ€â€Mario Hernandez.

it is funny how a player is suppose to ranked 3rd in the district and she gets 2nd team because the tazewell coach puts her players in front of her. Payne from carroll deserves to be on the 1st team.

[ QUOTE ]

it is funny how a player is suppose to ranked 3rd in the district and she gets 2nd team because the tazewell coach puts her players in front of her. Payne from carroll deserves to be on the 1st team.

[/ QUOTE ]

i tend to disagree. kitts is a far better goalie, and doesn't have temper tantrums, throwing equipment at officials. personally, i'd have put c. arellano above payne...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i tend to disagree. kitts is a far better goalie, and doesn't have temper tantrums, throwing equipment at officials. personally, i'd have put c. arellano above payne...

[/ QUOTE ]

kitts didn't get tested anywhere near as much as payne did in the goal in my opinion. payne may have had her emotional breakdowns only bc she was very passionate about the game and was frustrated by her teammates not listening and helping like she felt they should have been (whether they did or not is debatable is why im wording it this way). i'd say depending on the game payne easily averaged 15 saves a game this season, if not more than that. if she hadn't been so talented the scores would have easily been higher in some games. payne took a beating in the goal by having so many shots taken at her and i sincerely doubt tazewell's keeper had to deal with that problem at any point in their season.

i agree with carrollfan, though, that a coach shouldn't change their vote on the next stage based on a moral premis. however, coaches always bargain with each other in order to get the best they can for their better players so i do not fault the tazewell coach for doing the job to care for what was best for their own team.

[ QUOTE ]

kitts didn't get tested anywhere near as much as payne did in the goal in my opinion. payne may have had her emotional breakdowns only bc she was very passionate about the game and was frustrated by her teammates not listening and helping like she felt they should have been...payne took a beating in the goal by having so many shots taken at her and i sincerely doubt tazewell's keeper had to deal with that problem at any point in their season.

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutely, kitts wasn't "tested" as much as payne, as she was playing on a far better team. but, by your logic, goalies who are "tested" deserve more credit despite losses than "untested" goalies deserve despite wins? i don't think so. all things equalized, kitts is objectively a better--and way smarter--goalie than payne, imo. she may not have as many saves, but you can't penalize her for benefitting from a better defense. it'd be interesting to look at the common opponents tazewell and carroll had and see both gals' goals allowed line.

plus, abbey--unlike keisha--exercised self-control. you can't make the argument that passion automatically excuses a 16-17 year old young woman's infantile behaviour. heck, i've seen plenty of little league athletes who love the game they're playing with all they are, yet manage to act appropriately, despite being frustrated. bottom line: tantrums have no place in varsity level athletics, no matter what the sport. furthermore, they shouldn't be tolerated by coaches, no matter the player's importance to the team.

and i absolutely agree with carrollfan on the rankings/voting. and, you're also right in that it happens all the time. (see: allie hunter in regional/state basketball voting) why rank players if you aren't going to stick by the ranking? i've been saying that for months.

[ QUOTE ]

yeah but if you say tantrums arent allowed..then how can you put Zach Cline on first team when he has had many problems with anger...

[/ QUOTE ]

from what i saw this past season, many players had tantrum issues...particularly in soccer.

[ QUOTE ]

yeah but if you say tantrums arent allowed..then how can you put Zach Cline on first team when he has had many problems with anger...

[/ QUOTE ]

looks like he's a better player than you.. you cry like a little girl.

[ QUOTE ]

yeah i admit i did at times...but only once did i take it out on another player during a game...

[/ QUOTE ]

smoking in a mini van is bad for u mr. beano

[ QUOTE ]

i have no idea what you are talkin about TJ

[/ QUOTE ]

lol didn't he say the same thing about those knee pads hahah i love you beano.. as a matter of fact if i didn't love girls so much, i'd give you a call.. what's your boyfriend's number again?

kitts is sick. from what i saw this year, she didnt even play very well compared to how she normally does. also, seeing more shots gives you more chances to make saves, making you appear to be a better keeper. i know i love it when teams try to shoot from 20 out over and over and over. why am i even checking this board. god help me.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kitts is by far the best goalie in the short history of SWD girls soccer.....Payne doesn't even compare...Kitts by a long shot!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

playin goalie just really sucks for anyone

[/ QUOTE ]

that's very interesting--not to mention puzzling--coming from a poster with your user name...

[/ QUOTE ]

idk considering i know goalie... it makes perfect sense to me lol

I don't know Goalie, and it makes perfect sense. The Goalie is the last line of defense, and if all the other players screw up and the other teams scores they blame the goalie. Often the goat and rarely the hero, that is a goalie's lot.

• 4 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know Goalie, and it makes perfect sense. The Goalie is the last line of defense, and if all the other players screw up and the other teams scores they blame the goalie. Often the goat and rarely the hero, that is a goalie's lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a crap load of pressure for goalies. It could be the goalie against the other team and still come out with a tie. Why is there not so many Tazewell players when they went undefeated in district.