Tazewell Girls

soccerfan5

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

Seriously guys we talk ourselves up to be big shots on the message board. Really we can't even compare ourselves to what soccer is like outside of our small hole in the ground. Down here Tazewell girls were a big fish in a small pond. It happens and we can't help the fact that there has only been a girl’s team in Tazewell for about 7 years maybe less not sure. But for as long as they have been a program just to get out of this region and go to state is a pretty big accomplishment. I didn't see in other team around here doing that.

try abingdon's girls. i think they went to the state semis in the first 5 years of the program.

and marion and abingdon both competed really well for the boys this year. abingdon ended up losing a game that could have gone either way 1-0 to the eventual state runners-up.

not trying to talk down to them but abingdons girls probably went the first 5 years of their program to the state semi's because they were probably one of only 2 or 3 girls teams this side of roanoke.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, they split games with the abingdon girls. i think it is a mix of tazewell getting better and abingdon's girls going backwards. some of the girls have priorities that they put before winning games or even playing in them. ah well, i guess thats their choice to make.