3. Abingdon.........22

4. Graham...........21

5. Tazewell..........13

Marion................13

7.Grundy..............7

[/ QUOTE ]

Abingdon third?!?! Sorry I just don't see it happening

Abingdon or Marion won't finish higher than Graham, CC, Tazewell, or Richlands

well i heard alot of doubtin before these scrimmages started but after i have personally sat and watched Graham play i hope they do show some people wrong, they're a hard nosed football team with a whole lot of heart....LET'S GO G-Men

Finishing ahead of Graham i dont think so. Finishing ahead of Tazewell i can see happening unless they have got there offensive woes together. They looked terrible against Pulaski but that was there first scrimmage. You'll be able to tell alot about Tazewell when they play George Wythe.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

preseason coaches poll in todays Bristol Herald Courier

(first place votes in parentheses)

1. Richlands (5)....30

2. Carroll Co. (1)..26

3. Abingdon.........22

4. Graham...........21

5. Tazewell..........13

Marion................13

7.Grundy..............7

[/ QUOTE ]

Abingdon third?!?! Sorry I just don't see it happening

Abingdon or Marion won't finish higher than Graham, CC, Tazewell, or Richlands

[/ QUOTE ] well this is what the Southwest district coaches voted on(minus abingdons coach, he didnt vote because he wasnt familiar with the area), so they have more knowledge about this than spectators...

My predictions on another board last month are almost identical to the coaches poll - only difference is Graham and Tazewell (and knowing what I know at this stage I would probably switch them).

[ QUOTE ]

Re: Predict the Finish

Reply #2 - 07/27/07 at 09:03:56 I don't predict records or scores but I will predict the order of finish:

1 - Richlands

2 - Carroll County

3 - Abingdon

4 - Tazewell

5 - Graham

6 - Marion

7 - Grundy

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched the Abingdon game Saturday night. At times it looked as though they could be a post season team. At other times it looks as if Grundy could give them a good game. It seemed as though the defensive line was out of shape. Midway through the fourth quarter it just looked like they had no legs. I will give Abingdon this. They looked really well in their last drive. Scoring in under 1:30 to give them a chance to tie. They will win some games that people won't expect them to

They looked good against a single A school at times. The reality is they are now in a region with Salem, Pulaski, Blacksburg,Christiansburg and the list goes on... Looking good against single A isn't going to get them anywhere.

it was only a scrimmage.. whether they are 1 a or 2 a doesnt mean a thing i bet if richlands played ji burton lastyear it wouldve been a close game, richlands being 2 a and ji being 1 a, like i said that makes no difference still 11 people out on the field...

when you come down to the real world about football please post again. The teams I mentioned look good against AAA schools and schedule them regularly. You scrimmaged a school one third your size and didn't win in a game situation. Talking about single a / aa doesn't matter I would have to disagree. Go line up against the river ridge or a Seminole district team and compare them to single a then you might see a difference. By the way Richlands would have beaten Burton by 30 easily.

[ QUOTE ]

when you come down to the real world about football please post again. The teams I mentioned look good against AAA schools and schedule them regularly. You scrimmaged a school one third your size and didn't win in a game situation. Talking about single a / aa doesn't matter I would have to disagree. Go line up against the river ridge or a Seminole district team and compare them to single a then you might see a difference. By the way Richlands would have beaten Burton by 30 easily.

[/ QUOTE ] excuse me? but i am at the real world of football, so i guess that means i can post whenever i please.. and u say that I scrimmaged a team 1/3 MY size.. where in the hell in my post did i say i was from abingdon? good job tard.. and anyways just because i disagreed with you about ur whole "theory" because ur god of football, didnt not mean u had to be an ass in ur reply to my post, so ill be an ass in return.. and i almost forgot i still think whether a school is a/aa doesnt matter and i will continue to think that, thanks and have a wonderful day..

I didn't know you could get beer goggles for football. Must be a A/AA thing. Didn't know I was being an ass just stated the obvious about a situation where you made yourself look like an ass with the statement you made. As far as football knowledge goes I'm not the god of football knowledge but he is only a local call away. Keep grinding one day you'll pick it up.

Giles is a SINGLE A team and they beat the team u mention in ur earlier post (blacksburg, Christiansburg) they even beat a AAA school out of north carolina Western Guilford... so that pretty much proves my point that it doesnt matter whether a team is A or AA or AAA any team can beat any team, and if thats beer goggles to you then then u need to reconsider how much knowledge you think u really have for football

hey smartboy AAA in North Carolina is like AA in Virginia. And by the way Western Guilford is an average at best AA school. ONCE AGAIN DUMB*SS GILES IS A PERENNIAL STATE CHAMP CHILHOWIE IS LUCKY TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!! Before you run YOUR mouth do some damn research......

how many times are u going to miss the point? i never said anything about CHILHOWIE, u are finding every way you can to go around what im saying, are you really that helpless? or determined to twist what i am saying? just give up

you related everything you said around the Abingdon Chilhowie Scrimmage. The point you are making has no foundation. Send GILES to play amherst county and see if your theory holds up.

one more thing "smartboy" Western Guilford NC AAA enrollment 1500.... Washington Lee High VA AAA enrollment 1500.. i dont know about u but thats pretty similar, so maybe you should be the one doing research before you run that trap.. and by the way way i clearly related everything i said im my post to A/AA . and my theory has already been held up after stating that gile beat blacksburg the past 2 years and christiansburg the past 4 years, and both of those teams are the ones u already mention in ur post earlier so i have already proven u wrong up and down.. good try though