Something for all Bluefielders to remember......

CPF

This time last year, the way Bluefield looked in the Champions Classic no one that went into Mitchell Stadium for last years game thought Graham would win, and win as big as they did. Anything can happen, don't count out the Beavers yet, its going to be another war. Just like it should be.

[ QUOTE ]

This time last year, the way Bluefield looked in the Champions Classic no one that went into Mitchell Stadium for last years game thought Graham would win, and win as big as they did. Anything can happen, don't count out the Beavers yet, its going to be another war. Just like it should be.

[/ QUOTE ]

And as I said yesterday, during the preseason scrimmage in 1997 and 2004 Beaver didn't look overly impressive. Those seasons ended with undefeated state title. In fact, offensively against Pulaski County in 2004 the week before the season opener the offense looked awful. There's work to be done, but hope isn't lost by any stretch of the imagination.

[ QUOTE ]

Thats what BeaverTail was telling me while we were watching the games yesterday. Bluefield didnt do good in the scrimmages but then opened up a can of WhoopAzz in '97 and '04

[/ QUOTE ]

They did bad in scrimmages in 2001 in went 2-8 too. I don't think that'll happen this year, but I wasn't there yesterday so I don't know. From what I've heard most of Bluefield's problems are correctable, they just have to be corrected quickly. With Bluefield's schedule, they could end up in Wheeling, or end up spectators after the first weekend in November. Time will tell.