What to think about Graham?

GmanFan

[ QUOTE ]

Both quarterbacks went out tonite. Hopefully nothing serious and both will be ready for the start of district play next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geeze, what happened? The last time I listened to the game during halftime of the Bluefield game Blacksburg had just score to make it 13-7. The flood gates opened I guess. Seriously though, what happened to the QBs?

[ QUOTE ]

Both quarterbacks went out tonite. Hopefully nothing serious and both will be ready for the start of district play next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I see in another thread that Marrs suffered his second concussion in two weeks? If so, he may need to re-think playing next week, or, matter of fact, for a good while.

I hate seeing y'all have bad fortunes. Maybe there isn't an easy answer, but is it the talent level, or is it the coaching?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I see in another thread that Marrs suffered his second concussion in two weeks? If so, he may need to re-think playing next week, or, matter of fact, for a good while.

I hate seeing y'all have bad fortunes. Maybe there isn't an easy answer, but is it the talent level, or is it the coaching?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you remember Bluefield's IV Sudduth suffered multiple concussions in a short period during the 2002 season, which ended his playing career two games into his junior season. It was also started the Rusty Coeburn era at Bluefield much sooner than expected. Concussions aren't something to take lightly...

For some reason they put David in as a DB on defense and he got hurt. Brewster laid a nasty hit on one of there players and they were pretty sure the concussion was from.

and for some strange reason, graham was getting beat by over 40 points. their starters were still in.

[ QUOTE ]

We've played a difficult schedule the first three games. Took some lumps. What does the rest of the season hold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I don't know. Does anyone realize that is the worst Graham loss since a 48-0 loss to Bluefield in week one of 1975.....Losing David Marrs to another concussion really concerns me. If he is out, and for his own good they really need to sit him for a while, we lose all ability to throw the ball. And losing that absolutely kills us. Teams will stack 9,10,and 11 in the box on us and dare us to throw it. And with zero speed, we aren't going to beat teams to the outside. I don't know where we go from here, but it's looking like a bumpy ride.

[ QUOTE ]

and for some strange reason, graham was getting beat by over 40 points. their starters were still in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunatly for Graham, the reason isn't that strange. This reminds me of Graham's 5-5 season in 2003, only this time they look to have overall tougher competition. Hard to tell what'll happen, but unless they improve alot fast, 3-7 or worse is a serious possibility.

BTW, foes anyone know if Graham's ever given up 50+ points in the past?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunatly for Graham, the reason isn't that strange. This reminds me of Graham's 5-5 season in 2003, only this time they look to have overall tougher competition. Hard to tell what'll happen, but unless they improve alot fast, 3-7 or worse is a serious possibility.

BTW, foes anyone know if Graham's ever given up 50+ points in the past?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I ever recall......

[ QUOTE ]

Marrs should have never been on defense

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a situation with the Jeffers kid thats the reason that Marrs started D...he did alright stopping the run until they opened up the passing game on him. Brewster and Marrs both suffered concussions from what ive heard and in my opinion i don't think they should play next game bc of it....its a serious matter. hope all is well for them and good luck rest of season for the G-Men

Neither one of them has any business playing next week woth a concussion. If the Marrs kid's already has 2 this year, they need to seriously consider him sitting the rest of the year, you can't just put some tape on and fix that one.

Best not mess with a kid when he has a combustion. One tough tackle or a little spark off a cleat and the whole backfield might blow. Quit serving beans and onyuns in the GHS cafe on Friday!

[ QUOTE ]

I know what Graham should be doing. I am starting to wonder if Coach Marrs has spent his inheritence. He wouldn't be the first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mav_Fan...what the hell are you talking about??? Are you on crack or something??? Every post you make is incoherent and completely out in left field...do us all a favor and post something that makes sense...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I know what Graham should be doing. I am starting to wonder if Coach Marrs has spent his inheritence. He wouldn't be the first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mav_Fan...what the hell are you talking about??? Are you on crack or something??? Every post you make is incoherent and completely out in left field...do us all a favor and post something that makes sense...

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you're doing the dope, because i understand it. you're pretty opinionated on here and im starting to wonder if you are who i think...ill see. if so, you should reread some of the things you said (not just this post) and realize you get pretty hot headed pretty fast. and that's fine, but you make yourself look like an ass.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Marrs should have never been on defense

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a situation with the Jeffers kid thats the reason that Marrs started D...he did alright stopping the run until they opened up the passing game on him. Brewster and Marrs both suffered concussions from what ive heard and in my opinion i don't think they should play next game bc of it....its a serious matter. hope all is well for them and good luck rest of season for the G-Men

[/ QUOTE ]

it is i've had a few so know a little bit about it has anyone ever heard of second impact syndrome? it is very serious

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The G-Man is not who you think, trust me bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

and he can kick me out any time he wants...he's still a jerk. check your pm's.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, there is where you and I are different...

When you don't agree with what I say, you think I'm a jerk.

When I don't agree with what you say, I say you're entitled to your own opinion...and that is obvious because #1-I've never called you names, #2-I've never deleted any of your posts, and #3-You stil have posting priviledges...

So please, refresh my memory...who's the jerk???