congrats to the Grundy kids...

Lance

they have a lot of young talent and a lot of heart, and sometimes that alone can take you places...just glad to see them above .500 for the first time in a long time...they are doing a good job over there.

Well heart is the most important part....a 4'0 midget with 100% heart can destroy a 6'9'' stud with no heart. So they keep there heads up and keep building things will turn around and bring the ole Grundy days back.

we played a good game tonite, iager only threw 2 passes the whole nite i think, we stoped run up the middle every time the only way iager could get yards was to go to the outside and we stoped that in the second half, are offense was just about all running tonite also are speical teams plyed a good game

Final Grundy 26 - Iager 6

All the kids did a good job tonight. The team was working hard and looked like they have come together a lot since the scrimmages. I look forward to this weekend to see just how much they have improved. We played Kelly in the scrimmage and if we stop the big plays we can go on a win streak. And Lance, No fake punts, HB Passes or any other "signature" plays from the past. They did good all around!

[ QUOTE ]

All the kids did a good job tonight. The team was working hard and looked like they have come together a lot since the scrimmages. I look forward to this weekend to see just how much they have improved. We played Kelly in the scrimmage and if we stop the big plays we can go on a win streak. And Lance, No fake punts, HB Passes or any other "signature" plays from the past. They did good all around!

[/ QUOTE ]

how about a three step drop back and throw it haily mary style 20 yards to the wide out on the sideline play? any of that going on...(that's play #2 in the Plymal bible by the way)

j/k...i'm just happy they are at 2-1 right now...very proud of the team!

lol that play was always fun to block, just hold the block for a few seconds then run downfield and clock someone. But i am really gald to finally see grundy a game over .500.....been a while, but way to go, im rooting for you all.

I think they have a shot at Graham, Tazewell, Abingdon, JJ Kelly, and Marion...CC and Richlands might be a bit too much for them...but the others they have a shot at....thats why they play the games.

I think grundy is going to have a little something for everyone here in about another couple of years. They have some great kids down there that have more heart than most of these kids that go to these so called powerhouse schools. They never give up and give it everything they have every night and that is all anyone can ask of them.

not really...and not saying they will win those games, but just think they will be pretty close games and Grundy has a shot at winning them...again, don't go thinking just because you scared Richlands on a muddy field that you are automatically a powerhouse...because you are far from it...much improved - yes...but not a powerhouse....neither is CC but Grundy plays down there this year and they are hard to beat at home.