VA High @ Chilhowie

HogoObserver

Any thoughts??? Both teams are off to a good start...yes Chilhowie has played a weak opening schedule but after Abingdon's performance against Richlands, I think the benefit game win over Abingdon should have opened some eyes and made people realize that they are for real. VA High on the other hand has been challenged and played TN High tough last week...should be interesting.

If Richlands would get out of the spread formation and run I-Formation they would be better suited this year IMO. They do not have the weapons like they had the past 2 years.

If they played right now, Richlands and Abingdon and ran

I-Formation...Richlands would destroy Abingdon. Abingdon can't stop the run. Line up and go right at the Falcons. Chilhowie runs Bone and I-Formation and ran for nearly 300 yards on Abingdon.

Imagine Richlands Oline in I-Formation!

On the other hand, I do not see Chilhowie playing with VA High. Chilhowie has played no one!

Holston, Marion, Twin Springs and Pound.

Marion should have beaten Chilhowie.

They had them down 13-6 late 3rd Quarter and Chilhowie wasn't doing much offensively from what I hear.

The Bearcats played TN High very well. It was 7-0 with 8 and half minutes to go in that game. TN HIGH broke a 62 yard run for a TD and before that play, TN HIGH didn't have 100 yards rushing in the game.

TN HIGH averaged about 260lbs up front and has LOADS of speed every where. I dout very seriously Chilhowie has near the team size and speed that TN High had.

I do know that Chilhowie has 2 big kids up front (RT 6-5, 305 & RG 6-2, 285) but that's just 2 and they will not come off the ball like TN HIGH.

Chilhowie loses their first game after playing a worthy opponent.

VA High 35

Chilhowie 6

you guys put to much stock in benefit games if abingdon and chilhowie played in the regular season chi-town would not have a prayer. va high has to many athletes to lose this game. va high-28 chi-town-14

[ QUOTE ]

What does Abingdon and Richlands have to do with Chilhowie and Va High? And Richlands had less than 60 yards rushing last week. So whats your point? Chilhowie Wins 28-14

[/ QUOTE ]

I told you what my point was...Abingdon can't stop the run. If Richlands ran I-Formation they would have beaten Abingdon badly and it would not have been a game IMO

HogoObserver said that Chilhowie beat Abingdon....Well, Chilhowie ran it down the throat of Abingon for nearly 300 yards. I dout that will happen against VA High. VA High stops the run fairly well. VA HIGH held Cenrtal to 115 on the ground, Battle -18 rushing and was holding TN HIGH to less than 100 rushing until the 62 yarder that broke the game open early mid 4th Quarter

Chilhowie has played no one...like I said. lol

THAT'S MY POINT

I agree until something changes we won't win championships. There are kids walking the halls that would be great lineman and linebackers, but they don't come out. We are the biggest school south of Roanoke and we can't get more than 65 kids out total varsity and jv. The only ones living in the past are the ones that were in school back then. The ones that have played on teams there within the last ten years know what its like. It sucks being a back and knowing you have 6'4 300 pound lineman walking the hall, but won't play

Only 11 on the field at a time and as far as kids walking the halls....it is happening everywhere. Used to, these kids would have come out...they have other things now, to keep them busy....I dont know what that is...cant be better than football..but anyhoo!

We live in the day of MOMMA'S BOY and PLAYSTATION! ha-ha

[ QUOTE ]

On the other hand, I do not see Chilhowie playing with VA High. Chilhowie has played no one!

Holston, Marion, Twin Springs and Pound.

Marion should have beaten Chilhowie.

They had them down 13-6 late 3rd Quarter and Chilhowie wasn't doing much offensively from what I hear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chilhowie has played Marion, Fort Chiswell, Twin Springs, and Pound...not Holston who is by the way undefeated as well. As far as the Marion game not many teams can go into a game and open it up with 3 turnovers in their first 3 possessions and still come out with a win. Anyone there including Marion fans would tell you Chilhowie is 2TD's better. Also don't sleep on Marion...they will challenge everyone in their district this year...ask Graham. VA High will have a good year they have a solid team...but with all the talk of Chilhowie playing nobody will make for a big suprise come Friday. VA High 14 Chilhowie 20

[ QUOTE ]

Chilhowie has played Marion, Fort Chiswell, Twin Springs, and Pound...not Holston who is by the way undefeated as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh yes! You are right.

The 3 turnovers against Marion...was when Chilhowie was trying something out of their element more than likely. They threw 2 INTS on their 1st 2 drives I believe. I know they threw one on their 1st play from scrimmage.

I still do not see Chilhowie being able to stay with the speed of VA HIGH or scoring 20 points for that matter. I guess we will see later tonight.cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry biggest AA School south of Roanoke. But name one that is bigger. At the start of this season Abingdon has an enrollment of 1112 students.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you go by the "official" enrollments...Pulaski County, Salem, Bassett, Carroll County, Blacksburg, Magna Vista, Hidden Valley, Christiansburg...all either "south" or "west" of Roanoke, have a larger enrollment than Abingdon...and all are AA schools.

If you use your "mythical" enrollment number of 1112, then you are only bigger than one school on that list...Christiansburg.

It has to do with a 5 letter word HEART and something called work ethic. Blame it on the parents not old coach. The parents let them lay around and dont make them work. when I was growing up I had to put up hay and tobacco and still go to FB. Now you cant get the kids off the computer and game boys long enoughto do anything.Come on parents help old coach out or stay out of his way , he wants someone who wants to work.