WVU 48 - E.Carolina 7 Final

GoldenTrojan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

the only bad thing about wvu is that they have to be perfect the whole year and they wont and never will go undefeated

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe not this year...maybe not next, but never?? WVU is doing a great job of recruiting so I odnt understand how you can say never.

[ QUOTE ]

the only bad thing about wvu is that they have to be perfect the whole year and they wont and never will go undefeated

[/ QUOTE ]haha shew they've been close the last 2 years goin 11-1 and 11-2, and if they dont this year they've got tons of underclassman, all 5 starters on the line- white, devine, sanders, hogan, gonzales, lyons, brown and thats not even counting if slaton comes back...i think u and GHS06 are just eating sour lemons

[ QUOTE ]

ECU looked good against VT and they did beat UNC.....

Man, look what happens when they run into a REAL team.....good win.....just keeping shutting the critics up

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to take anything away from WVU's convincing win yesterday but to clarify...VT looked horrible against ECU and UNC is PATHETIC...Duke WILL beat UNC this year...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

ECU looked good against VT and they did beat UNC.....

Man, look what happens when they run into a REAL team.....good win.....just keeping shutting the critics up

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to take anything away from WVU's convincing win yesterday but to clarify...VT looked horrible against ECU and UNC is PATHETIC...Duke WILL beat UNC this year...

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't think talking about how poorly VT played their oppenents would take anything away from the way WVU beat ECU?? I'm not even concerned about a VT/WVU thing. WVU has a real good chance this year, and next year also. Next game - S.Florida!!

Another thing I'm waiting to see about the BCS is.. the reason WVU falls in ratings is because of WHO they play, and because they didn't blow them out of the water. Now lets see yesterdays game.. Florida 30- Mississippi 24. Mississippi only won 1 game and that was by 2 points at Memphis. So since it happened to WVU, shouldn't it happen to Florida? I mean fairs-fair right? Not saying Florida isn't a dang good football team, just that the same ratings should apply throughout.

The media is full of crap! WVU dropped due to a 31-14 win over an overrated ACC conference team. Florida played one of the weakest teams in their conference and was ahead and almost lost to ole' miss on a comeback. 30 points only scored to a weak team when they put up 50's on a sorry Tennessee team. There is no exuse for us not moving up, Oklahoma moving up and Florida falling to 5! If the AP wants to stay CONSISTENT, they will make that happen.

It's true, but who has Florida beaten? I know we haven't beaten a top team until this Friday, but no reason for us to drop in polls behind florida.West Kentucky, Troy put up 31 on them, Tennessee sucks, Ole miss came within a touchdown. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

[ QUOTE ]

The media is full of crap! WVU dropped due to a 31-14 win over an overrated ACC conference team.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Overrated ACC conference team." What??? Maryland was picked to finish 10th out of 12 teams in the ACC...only UNC and Duke were picked to finish worse.

Oh, and by the way, those are the three ACC schools the Big East has victories over this season...nothing to brag about...

ACC Pre-season poll

Atlantic Division

1-Florida State (37) 423

2-Boston College (25) 363

3-Clemson (8) 332

4-Wake Forest (13) 325

5-Maryland 156

6-NC State 144

Coastal Division

1-Virginia Tech (77) 491

2-Georgia Tech (4) 367

3-Miami (2) 356

4-Virginia 255

5-North Carolina 188

6-Duke 86

Combined Poll

1-Virginia Tech (77) 491

2-Florida State (37) 423

3-Georgia Tech (4) 367

4-Boston College (25) 363

5-Miami (2) 356

6-Clemson (8) 332

7-Wake Forest (13) 325

8-Virginia 255

9-North Carolina 188

10-Maryland 156

11-NC State 144

12-Duke 86

OK, I was wrong, UNC was picked 9th, not 11th...but now, you get the picture...

[ QUOTE ]

VT and FSU picked 1st and 2nd?? I guess that makes that preseason poll look a bit wide left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of football left to be played...we'll see how things shake out in November...

That's what i think it should come down to also. But that way they wouldn't have control over who plays the national championship. let me change that.. it would make it HARDER for them to control who goes to the N.C. Make a Bracket of the top 32 teams.. and let it ride!

[ QUOTE ]

That's what i think it should come down to also. But that way they wouldn't have control over who plays the national championship. let me change that.. it would make it HARDER for them to control who goes to the N.C. Make a Bracket of the top 32 teams.. and let it ride!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why 32??? Eight would be plenty, you never have more than eight teams worthy of winning a National Championship.