JM regular season history

mavsgrad

What a memory. I have another question for you. Is James Monroe playing Bluefield next friday. I have never seen so many recognisable faces at last nights game who were from Bluefield High, both past and present are they scared of James Monroe. Got to like good football.

[ QUOTE ]

What a memory. I have another question for you. Is James Monroe playing Bluefield next friday. I have never seen so many recognisable faces at last nights game who were from Bluefield High, both past and present are they scared of James Monroe. Got to like good football.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah like the purple shirts that were at the bluefield - oak hill game. Everybody scouts their opponents... duh!! When has that ever been a surprise. Also Blfd didnt play Friday night so....

Yeah, we're absolutely scared to death. And I've seen plenty of JM fans at Bluefield games over the years, even on nights when JM was playing somewhere. You'll see plenty on October 12 at Mitchell Stadium when Bluefield faces Mount View. You'll probably see some next weekend when Bluefield faces Shady despite the fact JM has a game.

I'll be there to watch Bluefield and Mt. View. I don't know why anyone from JM would go and watch the Bluefield/Shady game. It won't be much of a game. Watching other teams play on off nights is nothing new. I've been doing it for years.

Glad to see Bluefield fans at JM. We can always use the extra money...lol

[ QUOTE ]

I'll be there to watch Bluefield and Mt. View. I don't know why anyone from JM would go and watch the Bluefield/Shady game. It won't be much of a game. Watching other teams play on off nights is nothing new. I've been doing it for years.

Glad to see Bluefield fans at JM. We can always use the extra money...lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh-oh, Willie must be scared if he's coming to watch Bluefield play on a James Monroe open week... wink.gif

I'll confess now that I'll be listening to the Bluefield/Mt. View game on the radio that night. It's natural to be interested in what an upcoming opponent is doing and how. Plus, I like good football (although I think Bluefield will handle Mt. View just fine). I'm still kicking myself because I didn't go to the Giles/Blacksburg game earlier this season. I was THIS CLOSE to going that night and then backed out right at the last moment. Missed a good one in that game.

Thanks. Glad I was able to keep you posted. It was fun. And this many weeks out, still an unbelievable game. If it was that much fun via the radio, being there in person would've been great.

I'm not talking about sports fans or second hand scouting. There were so many important splinter lickers there that I thought it was a pine sap licking contest going on. It looked like little Oregon.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not talking about sports fans or second hand scouting. There were so many important splinter lickers there that I thought it was a pine sap licking contest going on. It looked like little Oregon.

[/ QUOTE ] really what does that have to do with anything at all and if u r trying to say somethin why not just come out and say it be a man about it.

Quote:

You lost me.......

Not to start anything either but the schedule JM played from 2000 to 2005, if they didn't beat everyone but us, it was a total embarassment. Glad to see they are starting to beef up their schedule a little. Still don't know why pikeview is still there.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is English your native language? Does anybody else understand this dude?

it's kinda hard to find 10 schools who are fairly local schools and are talented. plus rome wasn't built in a day. we have consistently been improving our schedule. over the past few years we have dropped teams like Richwood, Summers, Pocahontas, as well as a couple Single A teams. i guess that people have to find something to criticize us about. thoughjavascript:void(0)

smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

it's kinda hard to find 10 schools who are fairly local schools and are talented. plus rome wasn't built in a day. we have consistently been improving our schedule. over the past few years we have dropped teams like Richwood, Summers, Pocahontas, as well as a couple Single A teams. i guess that people have to find something to criticize us about. thoughjavascript:void(0)

smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that Bluefield fans are criticizing.. They are just stating the obvious facts that James Monroe plays a weak schedule.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that Bluefield fans are criticizing.. They are just stating the obvious facts that James Monroe plays a weak schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can find teams. Look who we play. JM has an easy time scheduling compared to Bluefield...

Any JM fan will tell you their schedule is easy.

I believe JM plays Scott, Mount View, Shady and Oak Hill (all of which Bluefield plays) plus JM and Bluefield play each other. I noticed that Bluefield does not play Wyoming East, and since you have trouble scheduling games, is there a particular reason you don't? Is there a history between the two schools?

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

I believe JM plays Scott, Mount View, Shady and Oak Hill (all of which Bluefield plays) plus JM and Bluefield play each other. I noticed that Bluefield does not play Wyoming East, and since you have trouble scheduling games, is there a particular reason you don't? Is there a history between the two schools?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah there is... Its a history of running up the score. First, WE did it in in satte championship, then we returned the favor. Grogg decided to be smart, and would kick off after we scored. It got ugly the second time. Havent played since.

at least thats what i remember...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah there is... Its a history of running up the score. First, WE did it in in satte championship, then we returned the favor. Grogg decided to be smart, and would kick off after we scored. It got ugly the second time. Havent played since.

at least thats what i remember...

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a big difference between the 1999 state title game when East left in numerous starters against Bluefield reserves to tack on another touchdown late in that game and 2002 when Bluefield played everyone on their roster including the JV and freshman teams against East in the second half.

who has bluefield ran the score up on with the starters in the whole game? i know of one . we had a big lead on princeton a few years ago ,pulled the starters,princeton did not and they took some cheap shots at our younger players.so, freddy put the starters back in and finished them off!