big creek@hurley

romeo37

I didn't expect the score to get that far out but I knew BC has a good line and some talent in the backfield. Good to see the Owls win a game on the road as well. Those wins in previous years have been few and far between. Just very proud of this years team and coaches and how they have responded to adversity.

In response to a previous comment: I don't see the need to put down a team after they have beaten another young team soundly and say they may not win another game the rest of the season or only one. I wish Hurley the best in their remaining season as this would benefit all. BC may not win another game or they could win them all? Who knows BUT let's leave the sour grapes at the grocery and let the kids play ball.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Hey Diamond do I know you? If I do send me a Private Message man.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

""""""I hasnt been the same since the early 90's...... """""

The 05' season was rocking. The town was behind the team. Every house in Hurley was hanging a Rebel flag or having go Rebs wrote somewhere. It wasent anything like that this weekend. Even being homecomming.It was really disapointing going back home and not seeing the support I thought I would see. The crowed wasent in the game when it was tied 0-0. Its hard as a player to play when your not pumped and the fans didnt help that. I see these freshamn when they are Juniors and Seniors having the ablility as being one of the best Hurley teams since 92' They are a great group of kids.

ahhh the 05' season.....good times good times!...i might not of got to play a whole lot, but man was that season great.....i still think if most of our starters wasnt hurt, we would of beat appy that year.

The 05 season was alright but Hurley was not able to compete at a level with honaker and haysi. Hurley went 8-2 and was 7-0 going into the haysi game and Haysi had hurley 40-0 and took a knee before halftime.....So waht does that tell ya.......Hurley has not been able to compete since 1992-1996.....The 05 team had one of the best records but they dont even rank in the top 5 Hurley teams......Shane Justice was a special kid for that team......I agree that Hurley has a lot of freshman that could be good in a few years....They have to put in the work which is something that has not been done in the past few years....The Layne kid could be the best linebacker to come out of Hurley.....This kid is special for a freshman.....The 05 playres had more heart and desire than the past few years

That Layne kid is great, i have said that he is gonna do great things for the past 2 years since i watched him play in JV........how does everyone think that hurley will do agianst Tug Valley? they beat williamson 41-0, but are Jay, and Brandon gonna play?..........Hurley also has some good talent coming up from JV....the cooper kids will do pretty good, and my cousin Nathan Ramey, i have been workin with him for about 2 years on his catching and route running on free time at his house, and his is pretty fast, should make out to be a great WR....but i think hurley is finally getting some talent, even the little leauge is doing good, they are undefeated, and havent been scored on yet. so hurley has got some talent coming.

I agree with you totally on the Layne kid. He has definitely picked up in speed and can penatrate very well on any position they put him in. I agree that there is already talent on the field, you've got the Hurley brothers Todd and Scotty and they do well . You've also got Mosley at linebacker with Layne.

This group will eventually mold together to make a fine competitive team in a year or so.

Buddy it hasnt been the same since mark hackney, arvil quinley,the gibson boys and david davis, roger stacy, all them boys that played that year when we had playoffs at hurley with

either powell valley came or pound i can't remember but i do know i haven't seen any sparks of real whole hearted shoulder pad clattering going on until i saw these freshmen that's playing now. i think there's some sparks there. we just need to get the fans behind them more and ignite the talent. the fans make a difference in attitude when they step on the field it gets them pumped. These boys really like the game. you know what they say where there's a will there's a way if you have heart.