big creek@hurley

romeo37

I wouldn't be so quick to throw Big Creek under the bus,and I'm sure alot of the people from Hurley know from years past even when Big Creek has only had like 15 players they've usually give them a tough game in fact since 2001 big creek has beaten hurley 4 out of 6 times,and in most of those years the owls were luck to have 15 players. This Big Creek team has some depth with a roster of 26-30 kids,so I wouldn't count the owls out as an easy homecoming win.

How many seniors and juniors are on the starting lineup on

offense and defense? I feel that considering Hurley having all

or just about all of freshmen in the lineup, they done pretty

darn good against Wiliamson which I mind you, had a much older

and experienced seniors and juniors lineup and has a decent

winning record. Hurley has some injured players from the Williamson game. I saw some clipping that wasn't called that should have been called against Williamson. I do feel

the Blankenship boy did indeed catch the ball and was within the line to make it a touchdown for Hurley. The refrees acted a little freaky to me. Must have been the full moon or something like pack..pack...pack...pack. I

really felt the refs had a little favortism going on toward

Williamson who could miss it....in turn I felt all and all

Hurley stacked up pretty good against Williamson. I just hope our injured players don't let us down this week. we definitely need them on Big Creek. One more thing Williamson announcer really had the nerve to rubbing the pack pack thing in the ground when there were mysterious things going on in the game. Let's hope everyone gets rested up and ready to rumble on their first home game at "The Cliff" It will be Hurley's homecoming I feel if everyone's back they'll accomplish what they set out to do and that's to win.

Should be a good game due to it being @ Hurley. Big Creek has a strong running attack. They enjoy spreading you out and then playing off the corners on pitches. BC has a good offensive line and will be physical up-front. If the offensive line controls the line BC will win...IF...Hurley can be tough in the trenches and control the corners it could be a different story. BC does not want to throw to stay in a game. Another key for BC is they have some depth that they haven't had in the past. Quality back-ups...I don't know but it will allow for the starters to get a rest when needed. BC also has had a week to mend from a disappointing loss to Williamson and just get back to basic football.

Always a good hard hitting game between the Owls & Rebs and I expect nothing less Friday night.

who is out this week for the rebs......but yea, i remember that RB from last year, he is pretty good. but i hope that hurley gets this one, they do need it....even if the rebs dont win that many more games this year, they are gonna be a force to reckon with in a couple of years. but good luck to both teams.

Thanks, I'll pass that information along to the football club.

They will appreciate any info and pointers you give them.

Thanks for the positive reply, you would be surprised how many

reads these things.

Brandon is definitely out this game but it's still up in the

air about Jay Tester. It's possible he may be playing. I really hope so. Wesley our center could be back it's up in the air. The Rebels just can't seem to get everyone back together on the field. The Rebels have had a bumpy road this year. Just about anything has been thrown at them. The field conditions...finally approved, injuries, and family losses you name it they have been through it mud and all.

These boys are a close knit group . They stand together as a team and it shows. They have been through alot together and I believe they can win.

My prediction is Big Creek 24 Hurley 16. The strong running attack and week off to prepare will help the Owls overcome a young Hurley team on HC night. I have fond memories of playing the Rebels when I was an Owl.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

What injuries due Tester and Justus have? And what is the stint of the injuries?

hats off to big creek they walked all over hurley its tough when you got two good starters out they would of still beat us but i dont think it would of been that bad good luck the rest of the way big creek GO REBELS DONT GET DOWN

WELL FIRST OF ALL THEY HAVE NOT PLAYED ANYONE YET . SAINT PAUL VA. WILL BEAT THEM I SEE ONE MORE WIN FOR THEM AND THATS TWIN VALLEY THE OTHER THREE OR FOUR TEAMS WILL BEAT THEM.

[ QUOTE ]

WELL FIRST OF ALL THEY HAVE NOT PLAYED ANYONE YET . SAINT PAUL VA. WILL BEAT THEM I SEE ONE MORE WIN FOR THEM AND THATS TWIN VALLEY THE OTHER THREE OR FOUR TEAMS WILL BEAT THEM.

[/ QUOTE ]twin valley won't beat them.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

I drove back in the Hurley this weekend exspecially to watch Hurleys homecomming (and for the opening day of deer season haha) and it was a very disapointing game to watch. Im not meaning to put my hometown team down, but they just didnt play with any intensity. The stands was packed, had to be over a couple thousand and a little leauge game would have had more noise. Just isnt the same as the past. I hope those Rebs can get things back in order soon. Good Luck young Rebs.

The young breed are giving it all they got but it would be nice if the junior and seniors would pick up the slack it will take all the players to make it click again as they did at the beginning of the season. The Rebels haven't actually played a game that all of the players have been togeather, they have been some in and out for some reason or the other. I wish they would get their priorities lined out. Good to have you back at Hurley, don't forget us. I look for the next couple of years to be positive for the Rebels. WE DEFINITELY NEED TO GET MORE FIRED UP!!!! IT WOULD JUST MAKE ME MADDER AND WANT TO WIN MORE WHEN THEY SCORE ON ME. HOW ABOUT YOU?