Breaking News Bluefield Basketball Job

the_truth

Sources tell me that the Board of Education refused to hire based on the recommendation of the principal. Also I have heard that Tony Mal has withdrew his application. I would say that it is down too Coach Havens or Coach Large now. I know who I would want Bluefield, what do you guys think.

From what I've been told Webster, Willie Ellison, and stat-man John Hess plan to resign their position in protest of the decision. It's absolute crap that the morons at the B.O.E. have such an outdated hiring process. The job shouldn't go to someone just b/c they have tenture over someone else, the job should go to the best person possible. If the school's administration recommends someone for a position the school board should okay the hire. Of course, the Mercer County B.O.E. is just a bunch of envious Princeton people trying to screw over Bluefield. It has happened time and time again in the past 15 years and continues to happen.

I have been told also that a Havens' hire would possibly bring Gaither back as an assistant.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHh I see. I think Havens is capable of winning at bluefield. He has never had the athletes and committment that he would have there.

As far as the hiring process, you have to be a school employee and seniority is important, but is crappy at times too.

[ QUOTE ]

What happened to Havens being the head coach and Gaither being the asst. coach?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what Bluefield_Rules is saying. If Havens gets the job, then Gaither could possibly be the assistant coach.

[ QUOTE ]

From what I've been told Webster, Willie Ellison, and stat-man John Hess plan to resign their position in protest of the decision. It's absolute crap that the morons at the B.O.E. have such an outdated hiring process. The job shouldn't go to someone just b/c they have tenture over someone else, the job should go to the best person possible. If the school's administration recommends someone for a position the school board should okay the hire. Of course, the Mercer County B.O.E. is just a bunch of envious Princeton people trying to screw over Bluefield. It has happened time and time again in the past 15 years and continues to happen.

I have been told also that a Havens' hire would possibly bring Gaither back as an assistant.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Mercer County B.O.E. is like a communist government. The dictatorship of the "Akers elite" makes me sick to my stomach.

Guest JJBrickface

Akers needs to retire. For all the Mercer County people who have went to school during her tenure like I did...How many times did we have to go to school when the road conditions were horrible.

All the time, I guess she thinks that everybody in mercer county lives on streets where snow plow machines are "accessible" but thats not always the case. I have friends that live in bluewell/brushfork area that could hardly get to school when it snowed 2 inches because of the ice and such.

[ QUOTE ]

Akers needs to retire. For all the Mercer County people who have went to school during her tenure like I did...How many times did we have to go to school when the road conditions were horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

She's had the position since about the time I started school and I'm 27...

Mercer county schools has been solvent and fantastic since 93 when she took over. She is a business person and has taken care of business. BHS has no tradition as a basketbell school. A couple of kids had a bit of game so Bluefield thinks they deserve the last 4. What about tradition it seems to be consistant. If they win another state basketball title or two in about 75 years now that would be par, check the records.

[ QUOTE ]

BHS has no tradition as a basketbell school. A couple of kids had a bit of game so Bluefield thinks they deserve the last 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I have said earlier, I guess a couple of the kids who had game the last couple of years didn't impress you all with the dunks, the defense, and the double digit wins against you all did they?

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

All the time, I guess she thinks that everybody in mercer county lives on streets where snow plow machines are "accessible" but thats not always the case. I have friends that live in bluewell/brushfork area that could hardly get to school when it snowed 2 inches because of the ice and such.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I remember when I was in the 8th grade that it started snowing hard as hell while we were in class. It probably started sometime in the early afternoon and then FINALLY around 2 they decided to cancel the school. Well by that time it had gotten so bad that two of the school buses were stuck in the snow, including mine. I didn't get home until 6 pm that day.

Well Im pretty lucky because I basically live right behind the community Center. SO its not that far of a drive/walk for me if something happens.

I can remember a couple times though when the roads got so bad, especially East River Mtn road or whatever ever that almost takes you all the way up to cumberland. But anyways I got so slick that the bus started sliding down. It was crazy stuff