Bluefield 54, Shady Spring 8 -- FINAL

Bluefield_Rules

For those looking for an alternative to listening to Bob Redd tonight I encourage you to listen the former voice of the Beavers, Fred Persinger Jr., as he's now the voice of the Tigers. Fred is one of, if not the best broadcaster in the entire region. He's a true professional that does a great job of giving his listeners the experience of being at the game. Click the link below, then click on the "Tiger Sports" logo...

http://www.wjls.com/id3.html

Bluefield 35, Shady 0 -- Halftime

Scoring looks like this:

56-yard TD run by Brooks

25-yard TD pass to Joyner

16-yard TD pass to Patterson

3-yard TD run by Bowes

1-yard TD run by Brooks

Brooks has 106 yards on 8 carries with two touchdowns. Will Cole is over 100 yards passing having hit five different receivers and he had a nice 22-yard run in the first quarter on a run/pass option play. Bluefield has over 325 yards of total offense while Shady has around 30 yards. Bluefield scored each time it had the ball in the first half. A couple of subs were already making their way into the game in the first half including the freshman Kyle Harris.

Beaver didnt appear to be affected by the lack of playing time.they are clicking along.im going to watch the oct.19th game at Richlands since thats our open week.should be a good one.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

will cole played another excellent game tonight. threw one pass that hit ansel ponder 50 yards down field right in the hands on a dead sprint... ansel just couldnt bring it in.

he has just one INT on the season.

The offense seems to be improving...

Just curious Bluefield Rules, but if you or anyone else listened to Fred Persinger Jr., what did he have to say about this year's beaver team, before, during, and after the game? Not a knock on Bob Redd or any thing, but I miss him broadcasting the beaver games.

I spoke with Fred following the game and he said that Bluefield was hands down the best team he has seen this year. He said while he was impressed with Bluefield's offense that he was even more impressed with their defense. He stated that no one had completely dominated Shady this year like Bluefield did on Friday night.

Appreciate the info! One game that really stands out in my mind and one that I will never forget is the last beaver broadcast he did the '04 Weir semi-final miracle victory. I couldn't go to that game and had to listen to it on the radio. Boy would I like to have a copy of the audio broadcast of that game, especially the last part of it! That game was a classic, not only in person but on the radio as well.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

that would be awesome... fred persinger needs to take over for tony carretti (sp?). Tony is a jerk that needs to go back to syracuse.

I'd love to have the audio of that game starting with the Davis interception. I'd be willing to pay for it. It was such an amazing and historical comeback. In all my years of watching and following sports it's the greatest comeback I've ever seen in any sport, at any level. Heck, I'd love to have the video and I know someone out there has video of it...

If I could get my hands on one or both I'd love to put it/them up on the My Space page for all Beaver fans to enjoy. After nearly three years I still get chills thinking about that game. It's one of those "where we you" moments that will last a lifetime for those that witnessed it...

I watched the film several times in Coach Simon's room and I got the same chills as I did when it actually happened.

I agree with Rules that it was the greatest comeback that I had personally ever witnessed (partially), because I had just left the game right before the comeback started. I sprinted back into the stadium just in time to see the game-tying drive and the rest of the history. haha

Guest BEAVERTAIL

honestly the only reason i stayed was because i rode with my dad and they needed officials to do the chains, so i couldn't leave till the game was over. Im glad i rode with him too...lol

[ QUOTE ]

honestly the only reason i stayed was because i rode with my dad and they needed officials to do the chains, so i couldn't leave till the game was over. Im glad i rode with him too...lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I am glad you had to stay because you were the one who called me and told me to come back! haha

Guest BEAVERTAIL

well i have a photo on my computer's wallpaper of the game at the end and you can see all of us on the field. Its a great pic...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Hokie07, rocks, crashdavis, and i are all on there. i dont have it saved so i gotta go find it again...