bluefield/Mt. view predictions

twopac

I'm beginning to believe the only way the kid could impress you Sources is to wear a Beaver uniform lol.

Cordero may or may not be as good as Ahmad,but truthfully either way that's just based on opinions. I don't believe there's a coach in wv who knows about High that wouldn't love to have him in their backfield.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

I don't believe there's a coach in wv who knows about High that wouldn't love to have him in their backfield.

[/ QUOTE ]

Without a doubt! You don't find speed like his at every school in WV. As a matter of fact, you'd be hard pressed to find speed like his at 10 high schools in WV...but that is just my opinion...

[ QUOTE ]

I'm beginning to believe the only way the kid could impress you Sources is to wear a Beaver uniform lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. I just find it absurd that people are comparing him to Ahmad Bradshaw, when he is nowhere close IMO but how many people are? He has talent for sure, but it seems people tend to overhype him a bit. I've heard he takes plays off and has issues with his work ethic at times, but that is all speculation of course. Regardless, he will present a challenge for Bluefield's D, no one is disputing that.

Just saw the 62-0 score in WV metronews. Any arguement that Mt. View isn't down this year is going to look pretty stupid.

I can't believe they didn't even score. Either Bluefield has an awesome Defense, or MV's O-line is historically bad. Instict tells me both are true.

It should be interesting for James Monroe going to Mount View. I hope we will, and we should, but I hope Mount View plays a little bit better than this, last time we went down there in 2002, we beat them 51-6.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Mount View couldn't have beat PikeView tonight.....

[/ QUOTE ]

How did Bluefield get it's scores?

[/ QUOTE ]just about any way u can score in football they did t/n...KO return, int return, fumble return, rushing TD's, passing TD just about everything but a punt return

Went to the game tonite. Mount View was never in it. I know that they had a lot of turnovers, but it wouldn't have mattered. Bluefield is rolling right now. The High kid has a lot of talent, but line play was terrible. Sure, Bluefield had something to do with it. I understand he is nursing an injury which hampered him too. Maybe it was frustration, but he shouldn't be throwing his helmet on the sideline. Lots of folks from James Monroe tonite. They know they have a huge challenge with Bluefield in two weeks. All I can say is look out Richlands.

[ QUOTE ]

High went out before halftime and never returned. Maybe they were saving him for the remainder of the season and didn't want to risk serious injury in a game that was already out of reach?

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I was looking for him in the second half and didn't even see #34 on the MV sideline...maybe he went home at halftime...

Honestly, I felt sorry for Mount View tonight. This was by far the worst MV team I've ever laid eyes on. They were small at every position, at least much smaller than usual. They had some speed, but not as much as they usually have. I always like to see MV do well when they aren't playing Bluefield, but it looked like the coach stopped the bus on the way to the game tonight and picked up players along the way. They looked that bad offensively, defensively, and on special teams.

Mount View ran 26 plays in the first half and had 20 yards of total offense at halftime. I don't know how much they ended up with for the game, but it couldn't have been much more than 100, if that. High played until about the 4-minute mark of the first half, finishing with 27 yards on 13 carries, 25 of which came on a single play. In other words, he rushed for 2 yards on 12 carries minus the one long run.

Ansel Ponder was Mr. Everything tonight with a 94-yard kickoff on the opening kick, a 90-yard INT for a touchdown, and a 6-yard TD reception. Shawn Brooks had 148 yards and two touchdowns on just 9 carries. A number of other backs had big nights also including Patterson, Lilly, and Bowes.

And this game was over before the opening kickoff when Mount View took the field before kickoff, dancing and chanting on the Bluefield 50-yard line. The last three times they've done that while visiting Bluefield they've lost 49-8, 58-0, and now 62-0. Do you think they'll ever learn?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

High went out before halftime and never returned. Maybe they were saving him for the remainder of the season and didn't want to risk serious injury in a game that was already out of reach?

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I was looking for him in the second half and didn't even see #34 on the MV sideline...maybe he went home at halftime...

[/ QUOTE ]

He came out of the locker room after the half in street clothes...

[ QUOTE ]

as bad as mv looked...upsit of the year wv..mv over james monroe...high plays better and classic home cookin...remember this post..lol

[/ QUOTE ]

We'll see.

I have to tell you I feel alot better about playing them this year than last, and last night has nothing to do with it. Mount View doesn't have the team they did a year ago. Usually they have more talent than James Monroe, but with the exception of High, that isn't true this year.

James Monroe will be ready, trust me, they haven't forgotten

MV coming into Lindside last year and almost beating us in overtime. For it to be that close again, Mount View has to be like Bluefield did last night, and James Monroe has to play like MV did. Hopefully we'll keep both of those from happening. If we take care of business-Mavs 48 Knights 20

[ QUOTE ]

MV is not going to beat bluefield. they may hang with them for awhile but MV isn't as strong as they normally are and the game is in bluefield. i predict bluefield by 21 or more.

[/ QUOTE ]

knightsfan3, i hate to say it but i told ya so. this has no reflection on my feelings about our game with MV next week. it is a totally different scenario. i think JM wins but in a much closer game. my point is only that MV is down this year and they proved that last night.

[ QUOTE ]

congrats to Bluefield.

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading the BDT story on the game.....setting football aside....what a class act is the young man, Ponder.

Represented the Beavers well in the paper..........and on the field.