bluefield/Mt. view predictions

twopac

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Another question I have, will Mitchell Stadium be a packed house with fans from Richlands and James Monroe flocking to the stadium on Friday night to catch a glimpse of future opponents?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would expect and hope that James Monroe will have coaches and players in attendance. I'll be disappointed if they don't. Plus, it's good football and everyone likes good football. If I go, can I sit on the Bluefield side? I don't have cooties and I only bite if provoked. laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

id dont think we would complain as long as you didn't wear any of that ugly purple... haha

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, banning that could be a problem because I just recently bought a new purple jacket. A nice dark purple and it says "James Monroe Mavericks" on it and everything ... it's very cool. I really think you'd like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Purple...the NEW pink... tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's tough, like a deep, mean bruise. Purple and black -- cool.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Another question I have, will Mitchell Stadium be a packed house with fans from Richlands and James Monroe flocking to the stadium on Friday night to catch a glimpse of future opponents?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would expect and hope that James Monroe will have coaches and players in attendance. I'll be disappointed if they don't. Plus, it's good football and everyone likes good football. If I go, can I sit on the Bluefield side? I don't have cooties and I only bite if provoked. laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

id dont think we would complain as long as you didn't wear any of that ugly purple... haha

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, banning that could be a problem because I just recently bought a new purple jacket. A nice dark purple and it says "James Monroe Mavericks" on it and everything ... it's very cool. I really think you'd like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like a purple nurple!

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] i guess ill take your word for it, i dont think any of you guys would prance around in pansy colors anyway... haha

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as the Beavers come out ready to play and expect to have to earn the victory they'll be fine. The minute you start thinking you win by simply walking onto the field is when you lose. Remember, Mount View won last year in a game many felt Bluefield gave away with boneheaded special team mistakes. The Beavers have something to prove tomorrow night...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

, Mount View won last year in a game many felt Bluefield gave away with boneheaded special team mistakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

The ball was down rules

[/ QUOTE ]

Not by rule. The correct call was made.

I know I wasn't in Rome silly sally!

But I have an advantage over you, luckily for me I had weight lifting and I got to see him down it in slow motion over....and over....and over...and over...and over...and over....and over...and over...and over...and over...and over again...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

But you still dont understand the rules of football. You have to completely pick up the ball to make the ball dead. Sure, many refs blow the whistle dead, buts thats not the rule. Just touching the ball does not make it dead... I do think the refs might should have blown it dead, but it still was the right call.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

hmm.. well im not sure if they blew the whistle or not... can you hear it on the film?

Let's look at the rule folks: Rule 4 Section 2 Art 2(f) applies. The ball had clearly come to rest and should have been blown dead. The refs blew it.

Football Rules Book 2006 :: Rule 4 :: Section 2 :: Art 2

Rules & Cases Directory

Football Rules Book 2006

Rule 4: Ball in Play, Dead Ball and Out of Bounds

Section 2: Dead Ball And End Of The Down

Article 2

Art. 2... The ball becomes dead and the down is ended:

a. When a runner goes out of bounds, is held so his forward progress is stopped or allows any part of his person other than hand or foot to touch the ground.

Exception 1. The ball remains live if, at the snap, a place-kick holder with his knee(s) on the ground and with a teammate in kicking position catches or recovers the snap while his knee(s) is on the ground and places the ball for a kick, or if he rises to advance, hand, kick or pass.

Exception 2. The ball remains live if, at the snap, a place-kick holder with his knee(s) on the ground and with a teammate in kicking position rises and catches or recovers an errant snap and immediately returns his knee(s) to the ground and places the ball for a kick or again rises to advance, hand, kick or pass.

NOTE: The ball becomes dead if the place-kick holder muffs the snap or fumbles and recovers after his knees have been off the ground, and he then touches the ground with other than hand or foot while in possession of the ball.

b. When a live ball goes out of bounds.

c. When any forward pass (legal or illegal) is incomplete or is simultaneously caught by opposing players.

d. When any legal free kick or scrimmage kick:

1. Which is not a scoring attempt or which is a grounded scoring attempt, breaks the plane of R’s goal line.

2. Which is a scoring attempt, while in flight touches a K player in R’s end zone, or after breaking the plane of R’s goal line has apparently failed.

EXCEPTION: If a scoring attempt kick touches an upright, crossbar, an official or R player in the end zone and caroms through the goal, the touching is ignored and the attempt is successful.

e. When any loose ball:

1. Is simultaneously caught or recovered by opposing players.

2. Is on the ground motionless and no player attempts to secure possession.

3. Touches, or is touched by, anything inbounds other than a player, substitute, replaced player, an official, the ground or authorized equipment. In this case the ball will be put in play in accordance with the procedure for an inadvertent whistle as in 4-2-3b.

f. When the kickers catch or recover any free kick anywhere, and when the kickers catch or recover a scrimmage kick beyond the neutral zone and when the kickers are first (i.e., before any touching by the receivers) to touch a scrimmage kick after it has come to rest beyond the neutral zone and between the goal lines.

g. Following a valid or invalid fair-catch signal given by any member of the receiving team when a scrimmage kick or free kick is caught or recovered by any member of the receiving team beyond, in or behind the neutral zone.

h. When a touchdown or field goal occurs.

i. During a try if B secures possession or as soon as it is apparent that a kick has failed to score.

j. When an official sounds his whistle inadvertently.

k. When the helmet comes completely off a player who is in possession of the ball.

If anyone is craving a dose of sensational journalism, be sure to pick up today's copy of the Bluefield Daily Telegraph. Turn to your sports page and read the Bluefield/MV article, where the writer compares Cordero High to Ahmad Bradshaw. I spit my orange juice out after I read it, hysterically funny.

[ QUOTE ]

I actually think fred simon said that he was one of best he has played since bradshaw...your reading comprehension may be in doubt.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. Freddie said High was the best back Bluefield has faced since AB. Seriously, don't overlook this kid, he's fast, elusive, and can flat out play...he's one of those players that has the ability to score anytime he touches the ball. All it takes is a slip here, or a missed tackle there, and he's off to the races. Fortunately for Bluefield, I think they have enough "race horses" to track keep up with him but most other schools don't.

[ QUOTE ]

The Golden Knights (3-2), which defeated Bluefield 20-16 last season, are led by senior tailback Cordero High and junior Cedric Thomas, who plays at quarterback, fullback and linebacker for the Golden Knights.

High has been compared often this season to former Graham star Ahmad Bradshaw, who also starred at Marshall and now totes the pigskin for the NFL’s New York Giants.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.bdtonline.com/localsports/local_story_285001702.html?keyword=secondarystory

Maybe you should be a bit more thorough next time before you question someone's reading comprehension skills. The quote from Simon was in the other part of sports section in a second Bluefield/MV story.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I actually think fred simon said that he was one of best he has played since bradshaw...your reading comprehension may be in doubt.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. Freddie said High was the best back Bluefield has faced since AB. Seriously, don't overlook this kid, he's fast, elusive, and can flat out play...he's one of those players that has the ability to score anytime he touches the ball. All it takes is a slip here, or a missed tackle there, and he's off to the races. Fortunately for Bluefield, I think they have enough "race horses" to track keep up with him but most other schools don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have watched High play twice, in 2004 and 2005, and he honestly didn't impress me or make me think he was something extraordinary. The kid has speed but Ahmad Bradshaw was a complete player on both sides of the ball. He was actually the type of player who could beat you single-handedly.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have watched High play twice, in 2004 and 2005, and he honestly didn't impress me or make me think he was something extraordinary. The kid has speed but Ahmad Bradshaw was a complete player on both sides of the ball. He was actually the type of player who could beat you single-handedly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to argue that point about AB...I saw him beat several teams by himself both offensively and defensively. My point, and probably what Freddie was saying when he said that High was the best back they've faced since AB, is Bluefield doesn't face teams from WV who have players with the ability to break it when they get there hands on the ball. High has that ability and has proven it against other teams. Also, read what I said about Bluefield...High will be pretty well contained by all of Bluefield's speed.

I agree. Bluefield cannot have a poor tackling effort against him tonight, otherwise it could be a long night. Back in 2004, when Bluefield played Mount View in Welch and nearly lost that game, High seemed to give them problems with his speed and elusiveness.