Any thouhgts on SWD JV play this season

evophoto

Who brings some starters back to JV? I think this year will be interesting adding Abingdon to the mix. I think Carroll brings back 3 kids (2 freshmen and one sophomore) from last year who each started at some point during the previous season.

I think size is an issue for a lot of programs in the SWD. We just don't have as many people to pick from as some of the larger more populous areas. The law of averages dictates that we won't have as many big people. When we se a kid with size in this area we kid around that he must be from out of town.

• 3 weeks later...

Lack of a big man seems to be the story of every team in our region. I remember playing Abingdon in the AAU regional tournament year before last. Seems like they had a big guy or two. They may have been "imports" just for AAU though. I can't wait for basketball to get rolling. It is my favorite time of the year!

Abingdon's up coming jv team played AAU this sping. 14 and under. all but one player plays for Abingdon. They went to Nationals and had a good showing down there. They are a very strong group. Not just trash talking there was some logic to my prevous statement

I did not see Abingdon play in AAU last year. Carroll did not participate in regionals in AAU due to AAU changing regionals to make it just an expensive "regular" tournament(meaning that is not how you have to qualify in to state). Abingdon has fielded some really good AAU teams in that age bracket the past few years, so this should be a really interesting year in the SWD.

Thier AAU team didn't play in regions this past year just went straight to the state tourney and beat some really good teams. this was the first time they had even won a game in the tournament. they play really well together and with what the jv has coming back they should be good. varsity might be down this year but in the next three years they should be really strong if everyone stay out

They beat blacksburg two straight years for the regional AAU title. Carroll lost to Blacksburg in the semis in overtime both of those years. Sholud be interesting I can't wait to see how it unfolds. No one really had an answer for their big guy. I want to see how Carroll matches up to him now that we are a couple of years older.

all i know is that grundys jv aint that good cause they got to many players that wanna shoot taht actually dont even belong on the basketball team and one of them looks like a catfish ahahah but no he just thinks he is to good when really he aint worth a toot i think he might be number 10 he played last year if i aint mistaking

Where were you last night James? We had a kid that was 6'7 come out for JV. I think he might end up making a decent player. He'll need work but you can't coach height! He already had instincts for the ball and was rebounding and blocking lots of shots.