New England Defeats Dallas, 48-27

My pregame prediction, via my other posts:

New England: 38

Dallas: 24

The actual result:

New England: 48

Dallas: 27

It was WORSE than I predicted.

What is simply impressive, almost mind-blowing, is that New England had virtually nothing on the ground. As a team, the Patriots had 29 rushes for 75 yards and one garbage-time score. The Cowboys passing game was suspect, and Brady flat out abused it. His stats: 31-46, 373 yards, 5 TD, 0 INT. That is remarkable. He looks Marino-like with a good corps of receivers, except with the three rings, of course.

The word "impressive" almost doesn't do justice to what Randy Moss has done this year. He snagged another 6 catches today, for 59 yards, and yet another touchdown. This could be a historic season for him if he keeps it up, with 8 touchdowns through 6 games.

Seriously, guys. This team can go 16-0, and will probably end up no worse than 15-1. Even that last touchdown, which was unneccessary, as a field goal would have been proper, is showing a point: the Patriots are the Alpha Dog. This team is not only a contender, but just might be the best of all-time when the season's done. And yes, I mean, the best EVER.

yeah i like how the Cowboys got flagged every time they would get something going...and that horrible interference call in the endzone that set up the Pats go ahead TD....Cowboys still didn't have anything for them today though...they just wore the defense down and had there way at the end of the game...Dallas made a game of it though for 3 quarters...better than i figured they would do...Pats are just too strong.

Its not that the Cowboys D was that bad it was the fact that the Pats O was THAT good. They have the 4 best receivers in the league. Noone can cover any of them. They are even the best team in Madden 08, lol.

[ QUOTE ]

the pass int. call in the endzone was the correct call.....doesn't matter who ya pull for

[/ QUOTE ]

how in the world do you figure it was the correct call, it wasn't a catchable pass for one thing, and it was called on Terrance Newman who didn't even touch the guy...the defender has the right to go for the ball, and there was incidental contact but other than that it was just a bad pass that couldn't be caught...that was a horrible call..they said it at the time and then again on sportscenter later on...

wouldn't have mattered int he big picture...cowboys would still lose, but that was a horrible call and huge at the time.

That might very well happen. Usually, I don't cater much to what Skip Bayless says, but he did bring up a good point within the last week: the teams who have won championships lately have peaked later in the season as a general rule. The 2000 Ravens, 2001 Patriots, and 2005 Steelers are classic examples of this. The Patriots are playing the best football right now, and I don't think it gets much better than that team is performing right now. This could become relevant when New England plays Pittsburgh on December 9th. I honestly believe this is more of a trap game than at Indianapolis on November 4th. Indy doesn't have a defense that can contain the Patriots' attack. The Steelers are first in the National Football League in total defense and scoring defense; also, that offense hasn't done much this year to beat itself. If any game stops the Patriots this year, that will be it.

Do I see them wearing down as the season goes along? No, I think they're the real deal. Even against Pittsburgh, I believe New England's offense performs better than the Steelers, in turn deciding the game. That's how I see it playing out.