WV AA QUESTION

BLU

wHAT DOES WYANE LOOK LIKE, HAVE THEY PLAYED ANYONE? ARE THEY A TRHEAT?. AFTER FRIDAY I WITNESS TWO VERY TALENTED TEAMS PLAY. COULD BE A REMATCH IN WHEELING! CONGRATS JM ON ON GREAT SEASON. I GIVE RESPECT NOW. EVEN THOUGH I DID NOT EARLY IN THE SEASON.

WAYNE

Senior Football Schedule

10 Events

1 08/24/07 H MOUNT VIEW 40 - 6 W

2 08/31/07 A CHESAPEAKE, OH 28 - 0 W

3 09/07/07 A HERBERT HOOVER 20 - 13 W

4 09/14/07 H WINFIELD 34 - 0 W

5 09/21/07 H SISSONVILLE 44 - 6 W

6 09/28/07 A POINT PLEASANT 22 - 3 W

7 10/12/07 H TOLSIA 34 - 14 W

8 10/19/07 A POCA 43 - 12 W

9 10/26/07 H CHAPMANVILLE -

10 11/02/07 A LOGAN -

wins: 8 lost: 0 ties: 0

[ QUOTE ]

wHAT DOES WYANE LOOK LIKE, HAVE THEY PLAYED ANYONE? ARE THEY A TRHEAT?. AFTER FRIDAY I WITNESS TWO VERY TALENTED TEAMS PLAY. COULD BE A REMATCH IN WHEELING! CONGRATS JM ON ON GREAT SEASON. I GIVE RESPECT NOW. EVEN THOUGH I DID NOT EARLY IN THE SEASON.

[/ QUOTE ]

Graham dominated them in the Grid-o-rama...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't Wayne's JV play someone at Grid-O-Rama? I was thinking it was Graham.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefield's JV

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wayne's varsity scrimmage Graham's varsity...just check with the Wayne guys on TSP...they'll tell you how Graham pushed them around in the scrimmage...

[ QUOTE ]

Key word here is srimmage...Wayne would beat graham ( this year) easily in game setting.

[/ QUOTE ]

No they wouldn't...and Bluefield will have an easy time dispatching Wayne in the playoffs...if it comes to that...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

after watching the Graham/Wayne srimmage i didnt know what to think. i believed Wayne would win easily, but after i wasnt sure if wayne was overrated or graham was better than advertised. i believe both are decent teams, but neither are dominate overall...

Well, 6-0 is hardly domination, but Graham did in fact push Wayne around quite a bit up front. The fullback was sound for Graham, as was the defense. That said, Wayne's starting wingback went out on the second play of the scrimmage (he wasn't healthy again until the Tolsia game), and Wayne ran nothing but simple base plays (as did Graham). Only attempted 2-3 passes and more or less ran a series of 4 plays over and over. In other words, it was a straight up, raw exhibition, considering neither team prepared for each other. Graham was physically superior. Took the preparation part out. I do know Wayne made some adjustments up front after that, and it has paid off.

Graham also dominated Martinsburg in the scrimmage.

The Wayne-Richlands game is hard to really grasp. Richlands scored two quick TD's with Fuller at QB (who looked MUCH better than Elswick that scrimmage), and this was less than an hour after Wayne had a physical scrimmage with Graham. Wayne scored on 2 long TD passes against a mixed bag of Richlands starters (though Fuller and Spoengruber were in the game at the time).

But it was a scrimmage, and as is usually the case at that point in the season, I'd venture to say everyone there is better now than they were then. It was a great exhibition of football, but it is nothing to base the entire season upon.

I remember Will Cole throwing 3 INT that day in a scrimmage. Has he even thrown 3 INT all year?

I remember Will Cole throwing 3 INT that day in a scrimmage. Has he even thrown 3 INT all year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he just got his third interception of the season last week during a wet game. I believe he had a lot of people worried after those scrimmages but he has really turned it around. He manages a game very impressively.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he just got his third interception of the season last week during a wet game. I believe he had a lot of people worried after those scrimmages but he has really turned it around. He manages a game very impressively.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly...that was my entire point about what that Grid-o-Rama means today...he was getting heckled then (unjustly)...now nothing but praise (and rightfully so).

I for one was worried about the QB positon after the scrimmage, even now that sicks with me and im always scared of the possible 'implosion' that could occur at any moment, and thats just from the scrimmage but ill give credit where due and he has done a helluva job. BTW Pioneer, is right, scrimmages mean very lil at all

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

I for one was worried about the QB positon after the scrimmage, even now that sicks with me and im always scared of the possible 'implosion' that could occur at any moment, and thats just from the scrimmage but ill give credit where due and he has done a helluva job. BTW Pioneer, is right, scrimmages mean very lil at all

[/ QUOTE ]

yet people are so quick to still throw him under the bus. oh well, 8-0 speaks wonders!

Thanks...hadn't seen it spelled and was trying to kinda guess at it phonetically...lol. I appreciate it.

I just remember they called him "Spinegrabber" at the Grid-O-Rama...made me wonder what would happen if he and "Bonecutter" from Point Pleasant ever went head-to-head...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yet people are so quick to still throw him under the bus. oh well, 8-0 speaks wonders!

[/ QUOTE ]

They would be 8-0 with McClanahan at QB too...Cole will cost Bluefield a game before all is said and done...he almost did it against JM...

I just have not seen any improvement with him and his errant throws. A lot of times his throws are not even close to his receivers. Bluefield ran the same play twice in a row, in the first quarter i think, and the throw was to the same guy on the same route to the same place on the field and he throws a badly uncatchable ball both times when Ponder was behind the defense. Not to mention, he had guys open all over the field, but never looked at em. As far as the interceptions go, they were lazy passes into triple coverage. Easy picks for the safety. I still don't know why Bluefield was calling passing plays when they were running the ball very effectively. The go ahead score was like eight or nine plays and they were all runs!!

[ QUOTE ]

I just have not seen any improvement with him and his errant throws. A lot of times his throws are not even close to his receivers. Bluefield ran the same play twice in a row, in the first quarter i think, and the throw was to the same guy on the same route to the same place on the field and he throws a badly uncatchable ball both times when Ponder was behind the defense. Not to mention, he had guys open all over the field, but never looked at em. As far as the interceptions go, they were lazy passes into triple coverage. Easy picks for the safety. I still don't know why Bluefield was calling passing plays when they were running the ball very effectively. The go ahead score was like eight or nine plays and they were all runs!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Brother, you are now preaching the gospel from the book of G-Man...