Owls Flying High!

Neondion1

Congrats to Big Creek on a nice second half comeback to beat inter-county rival Iaeger on the road. This breaks a 9-game losing streak to the Cubs for the Owls. Good luck Owls in making the playoffs this year. It will be tough but as you found out Friday night...never give up!

[ QUOTE ]

Congrats to Big Creek on a nice second half comeback to beat inter-county rival Iaeger on the road. This breaks a 9-game losing streak to the Cubs for the Owls. Good luck Owls in making the playoffs this year. It will be tough but as you found out Friday night...never give up!

[/ QUOTE ]those guys are playin well this season

Guest BEAVERTAIL

love to see them win this week and then go on and play Wheeling Central and upset them in the upset of the century... a man can dream...

Go Owls!!!!! Years ago I played against some pretty good competition teams from Big Creek. It was during a time when the morale and economy of McDowell County had began to decline. I gained respect from those teams because they were always smaller and less talented but it was always a task to win/ break their spirits. This years Owls seem to have revived some of that old school mindset. I wish the much improved Owls the best of luck no matter who they face in the playoffs (if they win this Friday). ...

Not meant to be this year but one heck of a season by the Owls none the less finishing at 6-3. Congrats on a well played season that included road wins (first in a while) and also a hard fought victory over county rival Iaeger (first in 10 years). Hopefully this will bring a little enthusiasm to the Owl program and help in the turn-out numbers come August. Lots of positives to build on for 2008!

Yep the Owls seem to be on the upswing... they possess a very storied history. There is a lot of tradition at Big creek... It's terible that a lot of it will be lost with thhe consolidation. That is if the community allows it. Not even twenty five miles away is a perfect example of what consolidations can do to tradition.....by any means God bless the owls and their coaches/ fans/ and community.

i've played at the old field a couple of times and been there some since then. I wish the owls all the luck in the world and would love to see them go far in their last year as the owls. I hated to see the old field demolished. The big Greenstroke wall with the trains running behind it and the owl who lit up on a score. It was even on October Sky........Good luck and great job.

[ QUOTE ]

i've played at the old field a couple of times and been there some since then. I wish the owls all the luck in the world and would love to see them go far in their last year as the owls. I hated to see the old field demolished. The big Greenstroke wall with the trains running behind it and the owl who lit up on a score. It was even on October Sky........Good luck and great job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Between the mountains with "Green Stroke" echoing, Owl high atop looking down, train whistle in the distance, Coach Poletti barking orders on an October Sky background...NICE!

What memories that brings back to a former Owl player...thanks Fieldgeneral!