Bluefield with a lot to play for and prove on Friday night...

Bluefield_Rules

[ QUOTE ]

maybe so. But i know players hear what fans, especially students say. Lets see, they chanted at ernie tincher and Logan Ray... One missed a FG VERY badly, and the other was gaining negative yards...

Coincidence? maybe so... maybe not.

The bluefield fans arent by any means what you might see at morgantown or blacksburg, but they can have an effect on teams. They may not be as crazy as the last couple of years, but i believe they play an effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don’t think the chanting had an effect on the game at all or how the JM players played. The biggest effect it had was that it made those Bluefield students doing it look very, very bad. When you call players out by name like those students did, and for as long and as loud as they did, and then say the things they said, it looks bad on the students doing it, and to a degree, the school they represent. As for what happened in the game, I agree that injuries and coaching were two of JM’s worst enemies that night. Couple that with the fact that Bluefield has a very good and solid team and I feel pretty good that JM escaped from Bluefield only down by one touchdown. It was not JM’s best performance of the season and there are many things that factored into that, but the student chanting was not one of them.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

maybe so. But i know players hear what fans, especially students say. Lets see, they chanted at ernie tincher and Logan Ray... One missed a FG VERY badly, and the other was gaining negative yards...

Coincidence? maybe so... maybe not.

The bluefield fans arent by any means what you might see at morgantown or blacksburg, but they can have an effect on teams. They may not be as crazy as the last couple of years, but i believe they play an effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don’t think the chanting had an effect on the game at all or how the JM players played. The biggest effect it had was that it made those Bluefield students doing it look very, very bad. When you call players out by name like those students did, and for as long and as loud as they did, and then say the things they said, it looks bad on the students doing it, and to a degree, the school they represent. As for what happened in the game, I agree that injuries and coaching were two of JM’s worst enemies that night. Couple that with the fact that Bluefield has a very good and solid team and I feel pretty good that JM escaped from Bluefield only down by one touchdown. It was not JM’s best performance of the season and there are many things that factored into that, but the student chanting was not one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look ive been a player on the field and a fan in the crowd. When i was in high schools fans even chanted things about my girlfriend. Not just a few, but a whole section of them repeatedly. did it piss me off? sure. but Its high school sports and kids. Let's not try and make the students on a friday night be politically correct. Let them Enjoy it while they still can.

I can remember fans chanting that fatboy's girlfriend had slept with everyone in cedar bluff, when he played. All fatboy said to them was that "Cedar Bluff was not a big town, so she could have not slept with too many people".

Look ive been a player on the field and a fan in the crowd. When i was in high schools fans even chanted things about my girlfriend. Not just a few, but a whole section of them repeatedly. did it piss me off? sure. but Its high school sports and kids. Let's not try and make the students on a friday night be politically correct. Let them Enjoy it while they still can.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say they should or shouldn't do it. When it comes right down to it, it's their personal choice as to what they chose to do or how they chose to do it. But I do feel that calling players out specifically by name doesn't look good. That's all. Not trying to make anything out of it. The only reason I brought it up at all was because it was mentioned that Scott had fans chant at Bluefield players last year and my point was that it does happen and that it just happened at Bluefield. Tit for tat.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

look back at what i said earlier. i said it happened at both schools, but in bluefield's case they seemed to have an effect on the players and they won the game. Scott;s fans were taunting the beavers as if they had the game already won, and bluefield proved them wrong.

thats the difference i was talking about earlier.

then you brought up the fact that you thought it was "wrong".

[ QUOTE ]

ook ive been a player on the field and a fan in the crowd. When i was in high schools fans even chanted things about my girlfriend. Not just a few, but a whole section of them repeatedly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, your girlfriend was hot. If i went out with her. I would want the whole crowd to be chanting her name...

As my mamma taught me, that's rude, wherever and whenever it happens. I was at a girls' basketball game at Greenbrier East a few years ago, and a very good player was heckled by guys in the crowd who were standing, almost on the court with her, and they were saying some pretty ugly things. That's never right!

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

ook ive been a player on the field and a fan in the crowd. When i was in high schools fans even chanted things about my girlfriend. Not just a few, but a whole section of them repeatedly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, your girlfriend was hot. If i went out with her. I would want the whole crowd to be chanting her name...

[/ QUOTE ]

haha def so... wish i had that one back!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha def so... wish i had that one back!

[/ QUOTE ]

this point is worthless without a pic !! please attach one now!

Guest BEAVERTAIL

thats her on the left signing with BC to play soccer...

all the other pics wouldnt work...

warrensigningb.jpg

Rocks trying to pass his GF off as Beavertails...SHAME !! and yeah, i that pic is enuff to show, shes a hottie..and soccer girls have niiice legs and lots of stamina..very nice indeed..congrats