Bluefield with a lot to play for and prove on Friday night...

Bluefield_Rules

--Playing to secure the #1 overall seed in the playoffs.

--Playing for an undefeated regular season, the 11th in school history.

--Playing against one of the better backs in the state, which is within roughly 160 yards of breaking the state rushing record.

--Playing against a team whose fans believe they have a "real chance" at beating Bluefield on Friday night. Some of the same fans which taunted the Bluefield players during warm-ups of last year's game. I certainly hope they taunt them again this year.

I believe we'll see a focused, confident, and determined Beaver squad on Friday night. I'm sure the team doesn't want anyone breaking any type of record against them. They'd like to squash all of Mr. Jordan's Kennedy Award talk with another dominating defensive performance.

[ QUOTE ]

Scott fans "tanuted" bluefield players during warmups? this is news to me!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure did. Mainly their small student section with chants of overrated, it's over go home, unimpressive, and making comments whenever a receiver failed to catch a pass.

Unfortunately, no. Too much of a haul from C'burg on a Friday evening. If the game was played on Saturday I would have probably made the trip. I get the pleasure of listening to Mr. Redd on Friday evening. Safe travels to all the Beaver fans heading up there though; be loud and proud...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

how good is Scott?

[/ QUOTE ]

James monroe handled scott pretty easily, but that really means nothing in fottball.

they are a one dimensional team...

I hate to make predictions but Bluefield will dismantle and dominate Scott on friday night. They are a one dimensional, one player team and will be beaten soundly..im so confident that this wont even be agame that im not goin to go to my former hometown to see this butt whooping, im gonna wait for the playoffs. I also dont think Roberts will get near 100 yrds let alone set the record against this beaver D.. GO BEAVERS !!!

[ QUOTE ]

--Playing against a team whose fans believe they have a "real chance" at beating Bluefield on Friday night. Some of the same fans which taunted the Bluefield players during warm-ups of last year's game. I certainly hope they taunt them again this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefield can't say much on this. Just this past Friday, Bluefield had a section of students, bottom row, 30/40 yard line nearest the concession stand that did the exact same thing to James Monroe during warm-ups. Those students went so far as to specifically yell out one of the James Monroe players by name and then follow it with "you s--k". They did it over and over until one of Mercer County's finest finally went over and stood in front of them. That seemed to hush them up.

QUOTE:

Bluefield can't say much on this. Just this past Friday, Bluefield had a section of students, bottom row, 30/40 yard line nearest the concession stand that did the exact same thing to James Monroe during warm-ups. Those students went so far as to specifically yell out one of the James Monroe players by name and then follow it with "you s--k". They did it over and over until one of Mercer County's finest finally went over and stood in front of them. That seemed to hush them up.

------------------

I guess it's better to give then receive...lol

All students can be bad in some way or another at every school. Even a Christian Academy.

I have a friend who is a Shady Spring grad and she and her husband went to watch the Tigers play at the Skyhawks one Friday night, in 2003 I believe, and they said that the P.A. announcer there was totally unprofessional during the game. At the end of a play there was a Tiger down and the announcer was calling out on the speaker: "hey number so and so, why can't you get up?" That is one story I heard about Scott.

They will be a challange for the Beavers if passing plays are called and Cole continues to miss wide open receivers all night.

I heard one of Scott's assistant coaches on Gamenight and he said they have been waiting for the Beavers for 364 days!

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I walked past the student section and the player who they were chanting at must have let them get in their head. He had five caries for negative 11 yards. thats -2 yards a carry. I think it worked in bluefields case. With scott not so much, i think that is what Rules is pointing out...

[ QUOTE ]

All students can be bad in some way or another at every school. Even a Christian Academy.

I have a friend who is a Shady Spring grad and she and her husband went to watch the Tigers play at the Skyhawks one Friday night, in 2003 I believe, and they said that the P.A. announcer there was totally unprofessional during the game. At the end of a play there was a Tiger down and the announcer was calling out on the speaker: "hey number so and so, why can't you get up?" That is one story I heard about Scott.

They will be a challange for the Beavers if passing plays are called and Cole continues to miss wide open receivers all night.

I heard one of Scott's assistant coaches on Gamenight and he said they have been waiting for the Beavers for 364 days!

[/ QUOTE ]

You would've thought he had gotten enough of Bluefield after last year. Unfortunately for him, Bluefield is much better than last year and Scott is worse from what I'm told. It's going to be a long night for Scott.

http://www.bdtonline.com/localsports/local_story_302223237.html

CHARLESTON (AP) — Scott’s Jordan Roberts has been mowing down defenses all season but has quite a challenge before him on Friday night.

Roberts is flirting with the regular-season state rushing record of 2,744 yards set by Nitro’s Josh Culbertson in 2005. Based on media reports, Roberts has 2,559 yards and needs 186 yards against Bluefield on Friday at Charleston’s Laidley Field.

But Bluefield has given up only 61 points all season.

Roberts hasn’t rushed for fewer than 234 yards in a game all season and has surpassed 300 yards three times, including a season-high 350 in a win over Sherman last week. He’s the state leader with 33 touchdowns this season.

Bluefield (8-0) has five blowout wins and three more by a touchdown or less. Last week the Beavers held another top rusher, James Monroe’s Taylor Robertson, to less than four yards per carry and 119 yards overall in Bluefield’s 14-7 win.

Bluefield, which shut down Roberts and Scott in a 22-0 win over the Skyhawks last season, will play Scott at Laidley Stadium in Charleston on Friday at 7:30 p.m.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I walked past the student section and the player who they were chanting at must have let them get in their head. He had five caries for negative 11 yards. thats -2 yards a carry. I think it worked in bluefields case. With scott not so much, i think that is what Rules is pointing out...

[/ QUOTE ]

Any beleif that those dozen or so students affect the performance of any of our players is simply wishfull thinking.

Ernie had a rough night, but that had alot more to do with Chad Parker missing the game at left tackle, we couldn't get the Wingback reverse to work at all. Had we been healthy, it may have made the difference, we might get a chance to see come late November.

Moost of Bluefield's fans were fine, I talked with a few of them. I got there an hour before kickoff, the students that were talking crap really had it in for Ernie and Logan Ray for some reason, funny how they instantly shut up when I yelled what they could do save a tree.

As for Bluefield vs Scott, Scott will have alot of trouble with Bluefield speed in every phase of the game. I see Bluefield winning by 35-6 or worse.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

maybe so. But i know players hear what fans, especially students say. Lets see, they chanted at ernie tincher and Logan Ray... One missed a FG VERY badly, and the other was gaining negative yards...

Coincidence? maybe so... maybe not.

The bluefield fans arent by any means what you might see at morgantown or blacksburg, but they can have an effect on teams. They may not be as crazy as the last couple of years, but i believe they play an effect.

But do you not think that some of the stuff said is out of line? I dont have a problem when fans talk about a team but when you start talking about individuals on the other team negatively it has gone too far.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

its usually high school students talking crap to other high school students. i dont see anything wrong with that.