New Superintendent

wah_wah

[ QUOTE ]

I heard that George Brown was going to be the new superintendent at Buchanan County or Washington County next year anyone know anything about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're incorrect. Rumor I picked up was that they're actually renaming those two counties "George" and "Brown" respectively to honor the great educator, basketball official, and golf coach.

Congrats to GB on this tremendous accolade. Long overdue, if you asked me.

Lest we all forget about his tenure on the sidelines of the RHS gridiron!!! He guided the Blues to a terrible performance in the Region IV Championship Game at Blacksburg High School. His halftime adjustments cost him that game if I recall correctly....that or the fact half of his team had been smoking wacky weed all morning!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Lest we all forget about his tenure on the sidelines of the RHS gridiron!!! He guided the Blues to a terrible performance in the Region IV Championship Game at Blacksburg High School. His halftime adjustments cost him that game if I recall correctly....that or the fact half of his team had been smoking wacky weed all morning!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I blame Frank Beamer.

How about Coach Roll High School instead.

They could put a huge statue of Coach out front and visitors to the school could pay homage to him on each visit. It would be great, all past players could make a pilgrimage to the statue once in their lifetime and lay their old cleats at the base of it......

Man we need to get this thing "Roll"ing......

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

George Brown was not to blame for that game. It was a rough time for RHS football. If we had took care of Graham in Mitchell Stadium that year, that playoff game would have been in Richlands. Thus, it would have been a different ending. Lee High had exposed our Achilles heel a couple weeks before that game. Pass defense. No pass rush and poor coverage. George Brown was between and rock and a hard place. As were all the coaches on that team. I prefer to remember what we accomplished. Namely going in to Bullitt Park and handing the Thomas Jones-lead Powell Valley Vikings a complete whipping. 30 to 13 I believe was the score. Last game PV lost for a couple of years, and a couple of State Titles. I am very proud to have been a member of that team. The '94 team was quietly one of the best in school history.

#57 Brian Mitchell

What four faces should we put on the mounain side?

My votes are for;

1. Coach Roll

2. Coach Compton (please make sure he is wearing shorts)it wouldn't do him credit if they didn't show him in his shorts

3. Coach Linky Joe Carter

4. Coach Newberry (eating cigarettes)

your opinion.......