And Blfd people said Jordan Roberts was not very good???

wvuraiders

According to the radio he had 13 rushes for 166 yards in the 1st half. Last I heard he had 198 yards midway through the 3rd. The kid must be for real no question. I think the folks from Beaver will have to agree. Already has 34 TDs this year and a shot at 3000 yards depending how deep they go in the playoffs.

The kid is definitely improved over a year ago. Last season he wasn't anything special, but he attended a lot of camps and busted his behind in the off-season to make himself a better player. I tip my cap to that young man, his work has definitely paid off. He's now the all-time leading rusher )regular season) in the WV high school history.

while he suprised me and he now owns the record, i question seriously if he is near as good as Culbertson?? personally i dont think so just b/c of level of competition each faced but ill give Roberts his due, he made a semi beleiver out of me! I never expected him to run wild like that.

That final score surprised me. They obviously played alot better against Bluefield than they did against James Monroe. Bluefield knew exactly what Scott was going to do and he still had a big night, I thought he'd be lucky to rush for more than 50 on that defense.

I wonder if Blfd didnt have a sort of letdown or something?? win or lose they are locked in at home and beat JM and blah blah blah..just wonder if they didnt get caught playin flat footed b/c they got too comfy??

[ QUOTE ]

I wonder if Blfd didnt have a sort of letdown or something?? win or lose they are locked in at home and beat JM and blah blah blah..just wonder if they didnt get caught playin flat footed b/c they got too comfy??

[/ QUOTE ]

I worried about that, especially after how easily they beat them up there last year and shut Roberts down the entire night. Regardless, a win is a win and another close game is more beneficial than a blowout. It's time for the real season to get started. This is the time of the year that you busted your butt for during the off-season.

i was at the game because it was here in Charleston...its hard not to get that many yards when every play but maybe 15 or 20 in the game were all quarterback draws/quarterback reads....he threw the ball maybe 4 or 5 times and then their running back got about 5 or 10 carries

Beano, you were there, what did you think of interior line play on both sides of the ball?? aside from Roberts goin crazy, what is your opinion of the two teams?? just curious

i was amazed at the speed of Bluefield...Logan didnt have the same speed at all the skill positions but the o-line did very well for both teams from what i saw...the only difference i saw was that maybe Bluefield's o-line was getting tired near the end of the game and started slacking..after they gave up a sack they started playin better though...Logan's o-line was getting a decent push off the ball but couldnt hold their blocks long do to Roberts' speed...i did notice that at one point Ansel ran down Roberts from about 20 yards away...i was absolutely amazed at Ansel's speed...the play that stuck out in my mind was the kick return he had...he seemed like he just turned on the speed when he hit about the 20 or 30 and had to slow down to have a block thrown on the kicker and then turned it on and left two of Logan's players in the dust...that should have been a touchdown..i didnt think that he stepped out of bounds...but they called the same thing on a Brooks run early in the first half....they would tip-toe down the line and stay in bounds but the refs would blow them out of bounds...Bluefield really impressed me and i think they have the talent and skill to win state...Will Cole played an alright game...the only thing i can really say about his play was the end of the first half...he had Ansel with one-on-one coverage and threw the ball out of the side of the endzone not lettin Ansel make a play on the ball...he had 3 straight passes to the corner of the endzone and the one that was catchable was defended closely and should have been a pass interference(sp? sorry im tired haha) and that was it...he had Ansel with a sure td if he would have just thrown it up for him..but i cant fully blame that on Will..he did have quite a bit of pressure on him for those throws...he got ROCKED after he let go of one of them...but both teams played well..Bluefield's speed was just too much in the end...

i appreciate your view on the game..excpet for this..Blfd played SCOTT, not Logan, haha but its ok, its late ! lol Cole has been spotty this year but came thru when he needed to and actually threw a big TD pass with around a minute left to beat WC earlier, so he neeeds to be a lil more consistent...Blfd does have some speedsters and very fast overall team speed...thanks again for your insight.

[ QUOTE ]

I know beaver won but you have to give this kid props he is the best back I have seen...brooks is best back locally however roberts is on different level.

[/ QUOTE ]i was really impressed with roberts he looked nothin like he did last year, he had strength speed and a really quick hop step, kinda reminded me of matt santmyer from my junior and SR. years in the state finals but roberts is bigger...congrats to the beavers on lockin up #1, but roberts has my respect