Tolsia at James Monroe

MavsRock

Here we go again!

Alot of Mav fans are licking their chops for this, including me.

Anyone know what Tolsia's doing well this year? And what the Mavs need to do to send them packing? Also, when's the game?

QUOTE:

Here we go again!

Alot of Mav fans are licking their chops for this, including me.

Anyone know what Tolsia's doing well this year? And what the Mavs need to do to send them packing? Also, when's the game?

--------------------------

I'm licking my chops too, for a couple of those good JM hotdogs...I hope we play friday like last year. We should know sunday evening...

my take on Tolsia /James Monroe! Tolsia loads the box and forces JM to TRY to throw the ball and Tolsia swaggers out of Lindside with another playoff win!...just feelin it

QUOTE:

my take on Tolsia /James Monroe! Tolsia loads the box and forces JM to TRY to throw the ball and Tolsia swaggers out of Lindside with another playoff win!...just feelin it

-----------------

You have to get out a little more. Around here they swagger in, but they don't swagger out....

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

QUOTE:

-----------------

You have to get out a little more. Around here they swagger in, but they don't swagger out....

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh... in the last 2 years didnt teams swagger out of lindside during the playoffs with a win?

Guest BEAVERTAIL

i believe tolsia lost another good player to an injury in Kenny Muncy. They are supposed to have a great WR, but i dont think he is anything special.

This will be the battle if the trenches, both of the teams have outstanding linemen.

Jm wins by ten.

It's ironic that James Monroe will start out the 2007 playoffs with the same team that ended the 2006 playoffs for them. I'm looking forward to this game. Hopefully, this year James Monroe will get a little redemption. Going into game 9 of the regular season, here were some of Tolsia's key players' stats (per the News and Sentinel out of Parkersburg):

Derrick Robertson (quarterback) - completed 84-of-93 attempts for 706 yards and eight touchdowns (CORRECTED -- I'M TOLD IT'S PROBABLY MORE LIKE 44-of-93)

Kenny Muncy - 16 receptions, 242 yards, 3 TDs

Tyler Parsons - 12 receptions, 219 yards, 3 TDs

Travis Stampers - 599 rushing yards and seven touchdowns on 122 carries

Virgil Salmons - 312 rushing yards on 53 carries

Jimbo Smith - 285 rushing yards on 81 carries

Darin Parsley - 181 rushing yards on 37 carries

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Derrick Robertson (quarterback) - completed 84-of-93 attempts for 706 yards and eight touchdowns

[/ QUOTE ]

umm... are you sure about this one? He has 84 completions while his 2 leading Wrs have combined 28 catches? plus that means he is completing 90% of his passes.

i think this might be a typo...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Derrick Robertson (quarterback) - completed 84-of-93 attempts for 706 yards and eight touchdowns

[/ QUOTE ]84-93? wow

[/ QUOTE ]

That stat is incorrect. There was a major discussion about it a few weeks ago on TriStatePreps.com. Someone from Wayne posted the QB's stats from Tolsia's game with Wayne...he had like 15 incompletions in that one game. I believe it was determined that it should have been 44 of 93, not 84.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]84-93? wow

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what the "News and Sentinel" out of Parkersburg reported. My reaction was the same when I read that....Wow.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]84-93? wow

[/ QUOTE ]

That stat is incorrect. There was a major discussion about it a few weeks ago on TriStatePreps.com. Someone from Wayne posted the QB's stats from Tolsia's game with Wayne...he had like 15 incompletions in that one game. I believe it was determined that it should have been 44 of 93, not 84.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, thanks. I missed that discussion on tristatepreps and was still going by what the News and Sentinel had reported. 44 definitely sounds less scary (and a whole lot less impressive). It sounds like they aren't afraid to put the ball in the air though. I like that.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

anyone would know 84 for 93 wasnt correct... that is almost impossible, if not impossible.

I know they cna't throw the ball, Wayne proved that to them. So did we, in fact an INT return won the game for us 2 years ago.

Just from looking at the running stats, doen't look like they have a real identity on offense. They'd better pack the defense again or the Mavs will get revenge in a big way.

I like the Mavericks to win 27-13.

Well I hope we worked out of our system whatever was "bugging" us Friday night at GE, and it doesn't show up again, ever! Of course, East played us tough last year and, but for a failed 2-point conversion, would have won it. Tolsia, I'm sure, will come to play, and I hope we do too.