Louisville @ WVU 11-08-07

sandman

[ QUOTE ]

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/gamecenter/preview/NCAAF_20071108_LOU@WV

Give me the cards in an upset (6 points). WVU's defense was butchered by basically the same roster L'ville is bringing to Mo-town.

[/ QUOTE ]

The line is West Virginia -16.5 for this game, and I would bet hard on West Virginia tonight. You haven't checked the stats regarding West Virginia's defense, because West Virginia's total defense is ranked 4th in the NCAA. Louisville is very pass-heavy, and the Mountaineers are also ranked 4th against the pass. Again, Louisville doesn't have much of a defense, since they are 96th in the nation. West Virginia's offense is 13th. BIG mismatch.

West Virginia: 38

Louisville: 17

West Virginia's total defense is ranked 4th in the NCAA

Fatting up on creampuffs doesn't a champion make. WVU will give up some yardage tonight. Just a mild upset, no need to get snarky.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/gamecenter/preview/NCAAF_20071108_LOU@WV

Give me the cards in an upset (6 points). WVU's defense was butchered by basically the same roster L'ville is bringing to Mo-town.

[/ QUOTE ]

The line is West Virginia -16.5 for this game, and I would bet hard on West Virginia tonight. You haven't checked the stats regarding West Virginia's defense, because West Virginia's total defense is ranked 4th in the NCAA. Louisville is very pass-heavy, and the Mountaineers are also ranked 4th against the pass. Again, Louisville doesn't have much of a defense, since they are 96th in the nation. West Virginia's offense is 13th. BIG mismatch.

[/ QUOTE ]

im starting to like you haha

[ QUOTE ]

Fatting up on creampuffs doesn't a champion make. WVU will give up some yardage tonight. Just a mild upset, no need to get snarky.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't mean to get snarky, and I apologize for coming across as such.

However, West Virginia's schedule isn't the most strict, but it isn't exactly a creampuff. Here it is:

09/01, W Michigan, W 62-24

09/08, at Marshall, W 48-23

09/13, at Maryland, W 31-14

09/22, E Carolina, W 48-7

09/28, at #18 S Florida, L 21-13

10/06, at Syracuse, W 55-14

10/20, Miss St, W 38-13

10/27, at #25 Rutgers, W 31-3

11/08, Louisville

11/17, at Cincy

11/24, #13 UConn

12/01, Pittsburgh

This schedule is ranked 63rd in the nation, at an overall record of 46-45. East Carolina is 6-4 at the moment. Maryland is 4-5, but has given teams fits, even upsetting Rutgers in Piscataway. Mississippi State is much improved this year, at 5-4. Frankly, the strength of schedule is brought down by lowly Syracuse (whom West Virginia is forced to play) and even more lowly Marshall (kept for rivalry's sake). That's a whopping 3-15.

With the way this year has gone, there could be an upset. I just don't see it. Especially not in Morgantown.

Thank you kindly, WaveFan. Always good to have friends wink.gif.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

However, West Virginia's schedule isn't the most strict, but it isn't exactly a creampuff. Here it is:

10/20, Miss St, W 38-13

11/08, Louisville

11/17, at Cincy

11/24, #13 UConn

12/01, Pittsburgh

This schedule is ranked 63rd in the nation, at an overall record of 46-45. East Carolina is 6-4 at the moment. Maryland is 4-5, but has given teams fits, even upsetting Rutgers in Piscataway. Mississippi State is much improved this year, at 5-4. Frankly, the strength of schedule is brought down by lowly Syracuse (whom West Virginia is forced to play) and even more lowly Marshall (kept for rivalry's sake). That's a whopping 3-15.

With the way this year has gone, there could be an upset. I just don't see it. Especially not in Morgantown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we be friends too???? lol thanks for the unusual support

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree in the aspects that it will be WVU big, but I am still not sold on WVU's pass defense. They haven't been tested through the air like they might get tested tonight vs. Brian Brohm and the air assault of Louisville. Louisville has a corp of big receivers and a great arm behind Brohm, and it wouldn't surprise me for them to come out tonight playing like they deserved their high preseason ranking. Louisville has really nothing to do except play "spoiler" in this game tonight and I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow steal a win in Morgantown tonight.

I say WVU but I am also putting them on my very own "Upset Alert" Haha!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

10/20, Miss St, W 38-13

11/08, Louisville

11/17, at Cincy

11/24, #13 UConn

12/01, Pittsburgh

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we be friends too???? lol thanks for the unusual support

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, sure. Can never have too many friends, I say. No problem about the support. I truly believe this game won't be close.

[ QUOTE ]

Owen Schmitt is an animal. I know everybody saw it. He was hitting himself in the head with the piece of equipment that's supposed to protect it, his helmet. Are you serious???

[/ QUOTE ]

Owen Schmitt will be retarded by the age of 30 because of all of the head trauma he has suffered on the football field. It will be like on 50 First Dates where he will wake up every morning and have to watch a video tape of how he lost his memory!

That seriously cannot be good for the brain and I would almost go as far as saying that walks the lines of stupidity rather than just raw passion.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Owen Schmitt is an animal. I know everybody saw it. He was hitting himself in the head with the piece of equipment that's supposed to protect it, his helmet. Are you serious???

[/ QUOTE ]

Owen Schmitt will be retarded by the age of 30 because of all of the head trauma he has suffered on the football field. It will be like on 50 First Dates where he will wake up every morning and have to watch a video tape of how he lost his memory!

That seriously cannot be good for the brain and I would almost go as far as saying that walks the lines of stupidity rather than just raw passion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say the majority of very good football players are stupid then.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so im guessing u were on the golf team in high school ? ? ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it just me or was this game too close? Louisville is way down this year and WVU is a supposed national title contender yet they need just about 60 mins to put away a mediocre UL at home. I'd be worried.

[ QUOTE ]

Is it just me or was this game too close? Louisville is way down this year and WVU is a supposed national title contender yet they need just about 60 mins to put away a mediocre UL at home. I'd be worried.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was certainly not West Virginia's best game. However, from what I've seen of West Virginia this year, that performance tonight was somewhat typical: the Mountaineers had the talent to blow Louisville away, and they don't play to anywhere near their potential for a large portion of the game.

Also, this was just an incredibly sloppy game. During a good deal of the second half, I had to write part of a paper, but I kept the television turned up. Every three minutes, I could hear "fumble" or "he put it on the turf". In the end, there were four turnovers for Louisville, and three for West Virginia.

If West Virginia plays like this against Connecticut, those dreams of the Rose Bowl will go up in flames. I was not impressved with West Virginia tonight.

I'm still trying to figure out why in the hell Brian Brohm was throwing into double and triple coverage all night. I think I even saw a couple of throws into quadruple coverage screaming to get picked off. The turnovers canceled each other out but it was just a sloppy game and WVU getting flagged for all those penalties was piss poor coaching by Rich Rod. That win sure won't help their BCS cause that much.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say the majority of very good football players are stupid then.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I did was state a mere fact insinuating that Schmitt takes a lot of blows to his head. The fact that he breaks so many facemasks and obviously bashes his helmet into his head is in no way degrading. Sure, other football players may do it, but Owen Schmitt is glamorized by his physical play and that is what he is known for. You don't watch many other college football games where they show players bashing themselves in the head with helmets do you?

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a cry for attention from the cameras. Also, note the mohawk... another cry for attention. Slaton and white are taking all the camera time...=(