Bluefield 52 Roane Co. 20 FINAL

GMan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I left at halftime. It was pretty much what everyone expected. Bluefield's first play from scrimmage was a TD pass to Ponder. Roane was a turnover machine and put Bluefield in the redzone several times with fumbles and interceptions. Brooks looked great out there tonight, no doubt in my mind this kid would be in the top 3 for the Kennedy Award if he were on a team where he was the emphasis of the offense.

I hope people get off Cole's back now. He had a great game tonight and really showed up. His incompletions werent bad at all. He barely overthrew Joyner on what would have been a TD but they still ended up scoring. One of his other 2 incompletions was a good throw but fell just short to Joyner on what should have been a better effort given by the receiver. I think Cole and Bluefield did great tonight. As for people hoping that McClanahan would start, I think those hopes are over. Cole went 9 games without being benched and just had a 4 touchdown performance in the playoffs. He is legit and should stay the quarterback.

These haters need to back off.

[ QUOTE ]

I hope people get off Cole's back now. He had a great game tonight and really showed up. His incompletions werent bad at all. He barely overthrew Joyner on what would have been a TD but they still ended up scoring. One of his other 2 incompletions was a good throw but fell just short to Joyner on what should have been a better effort given by the receiver. I think Cole and Bluefield did great tonight. As for people hoping that McClanahan would start, I think those hopes are over. Cole went 9 games without being benched and just had a 4 touchdown performance in the playoffs. He is legit and should stay the quarterback.

These haters need to back off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Roane was no better than Montcalm...Bluefield would have scored 52 in the first half with Beckett at QB the whole game...Cole had one good pass, the second one to Ponder, that's it....

"Cole had one good pass, the second one to Ponder, that's it.... "

That comment doesnt surprise me. Graham world is pissed that Will came to bluefield and has been successful when graham didnt have the line or receivers to make him successful. Best move Will could have ever made was coming to Bluefield... he is part of a family that has embraced him and has unlocked his talent which compliments the overall team talent. While he was at Graham all he ever got was criticism for not being able to rescue a sinking ship when he was always running for his life.

Graham didnt care that Will went to Bluefield...have you not seen the success Graham has had this year...i can tell you right now...after last season NO ONE from Graham wanted Will...

did you see the kind of season he had? i mean dont get me wrong...Will is a great kid and me and him are friends and all...but from a football standpoint...not many wanted him back under center

No i heard it was the coaches that made him uncomfortable. But did he not earn any of Grahams respect from his freshman season when he did pretty well after the two qbs in front of him got hurt?

the POINT is, graham ppl hate it that he wasnt able to make the "cloud of dust" offense into something it wasnt. you may not want him but you hate it that he has come to bluefield in a system that "fits" him and has been a huge success. therefore, that is why every thread that is about bluefield is being hijacked by the GTurds...

and thats why every thread that is jacked is started by a Bluefield fan asking why we didnt want him...and yes we gave him respect for his FRESHMEN year but that was completely different from his SOPHOMORE year

Is there anyone from graham that can honestly say that will cole is a bad quarterback? He came to a new school that runs a different style of offense with totally different players and has led them to an undefeated season. Along with that he has passed for over 1,000 yards and around 15 td passes(and only 3 ints). If you looked at just stats and didnt know the history of the player your comments would be completely different.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

who cares about the past, Cole is playing well and has led his team to a undefeated season. Graham fans can talk about how bad he was last year, but does it really matter? They are just bitter anyways...