Illinois-v-Ohio State

Bogeavers

It was an inspired effort, indeed. It also came in the horseshoe, no less. I attribute it a bit to the spread offense Illinois runs; it was a change of pace from what Ohio State was used to, and obviously, the Buckeyes had trouble with it. Also, I think a bit of it was the "looking ahead" factor to the Michigan game. If that is the case, it just cost the Buckeyes a national title trip.

yea also illinois played the perfect game which is what it took...being a ohio state fan i'm pretty disappointed about the loss, especially about that fumble on that first illinois run that would've given us the ball and took it out of illinois i understand it was a hard call to make but when they have review available it should have been reviewed, but illinois is a good team and i knew that they could beat osu and they did...but heres what bothers me if they had lost a game in september instead of november they would still be looking at a chance for the national championship but they lost in november and now there screwed which everything comes down to the playoff system that we need... but if osu beats michigan next week i think they'll get a bid for the rose bowl and that would by far surpass my expectations for this season considering everyone called it a "rebuilding" year

Guest BEAVERTAIL

you take out the human aspect of the BCS and it works a whole lot better... human polls shouldnt account for as much as they do...