WV vs VA question...

total

I've just been wondering what the thought was now about WV football. Before the season starts, this season and every season, there are people from VA bashing WV football and saying that it is weak and that their team could win the championship in WV.

I'm just wondering... since Richlands is in the championship game, I assume that makes them one of the top teams in the state. Bluefield did get a win against them and Graham (who also beat Richlands), does that mean that WV football is equal to or competitive with VA football?

I think Bluefield can compete in Virginia and are dominate in WV. But I dont think there is as many dominate teams in Wv as is in VA.For instance the team beaver play for the semi final. Bluefield crushed them. Was bluefield just that good or the other team just wasnt that good at all. How did the other team make it that far?

[ QUOTE ]

I think Bluefield can compete in Virginia and are dominate in WV. But I dont think there is as many dominate teams in Wv as is in VA.For instance the team beaver play for the semi final. Bluefield crushed them. Was bluefield just that good or the other team just wasnt that good at all. How did the other team make it that far?

[/ QUOTE ] Just my opinion, but I think Bluefield was just that good...we got to see it first hand, and I for one was impressed.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Do any of you have any info on Monticello? What kind of game do you think it will be saturday?

[/ QUOTE ]

talk about random... i think there is a thread about monticello on the football board buddy..

yeah ive heard a lot of people bash WV football and about its inferiority to VA football. There are some very good WV football teams, as there are very good VA teams and I think that all of them can compete together. Virginia has many more schools than WV though, that is a fact, but that doesnt mean they have better football programs.

It's a lot like the discussion of "A" classes. No matter how many times you try to prove it, "A" classes dont matter in terms of better teams. Bluefield could easily compete with AAA west virginia schools in both football and basketball and I definitely believe that Richlands could compete with many bigger schools in VA. Just because schools have a bigger enrollment doesnt necessarily mean they have a better program. Take a look at the top 25 high school football teams in the nation right now...most are AAA or smaller. A lot of Princeton fans always make the excuse that Bluefield only has success because they are AA. I find that hilarious. I would love to see Princeton play the likes of Graham, William Cambell, Richlands, James Monroe and Scott. I bet they would even have a tough time with Mount View.

[ QUOTE ]

The only difference i can see between the two is depth. There are alot more teams in VA as opposed to WV. The best in WV are just as good as the best in VA. But VA just has more teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefield was that much better than them. Scott held close in the season losing 32-25 in the back of Jordan Roberts, but when he was stopped, you knew the Scott D wouldn't hold up, James Monroe ate them alive too.

Best 4 teams in WV AA were Bluefield, James Monroe, Magnolia and Wayne, and probably in that order too. Magnolia was the best defense I saw all year, and they were VERY young. James Monroe in the playoffs was their only loss after week 2 of the year.

Like was said before, WV is as competitive as Virginia, most of the area game that the 2 states play each other show that. Virginia does have a little more depth, but I've still seen alot of late playoff blowouts. Part of this is becasue of teams like Salem and Gretna who are often much bette than anyone in their level. The other big thing is the districts, alot of bad team get in and alot of awesome teams go home early, just isn't right.