Ernie Gilliard

BHSnuffsaid

Dear Coach,

We don't hate you. we simply dislike you with a passion. You're a wonderful Dr. Ed. teacher who has perfected the art of "txtn" while preaching a sermon that's somewhere between Luke and "There's no such thing as an 'accident'".

i want to applaud you on your wonderful seasons you coached bluefield to losses in the playoffs, despite how well you really did do during the regular season.

i can only hope that you lost your ability to completely change the way your team's game is played once they reach playoffs, and i can only hope they return for each and every Bluefield vs. Kitty Cats games.

Good luck on your season sir, and i'm looking forward to seeing you strut into BHS with your county car, coffee mug, newspaper, and cell phone charger monday morning so i can give you a nice big "good game cool.gif "

Most Sincerely,

Nuffsaid

[ QUOTE ]

Dear Coach,

We don't hate you. we simply dislike you with a passion. You're a wonderful Dr. Ed. teacher who has perfected the art of "txtn" while preaching a sermon that's somewhere between Luke and "There's no such thing as an 'accident'".

i want to applaud you on your wonderful seasons you coached bluefield to losses in the playoffs, despite how well you really did do during the regular season.

i can only hope that you lost your ability to completely change the way your team's game is played once they reach playoffs, and i can only hope they return for each and every Bluefield vs. Kitty Cats games.

Good luck on your season sir, and i'm looking forward to seeing you strut into BHS with your county car, coffee mug, newspaper, and cell phone charger monday morning so i can give you a nice big "good game cool.gif "

Most Sincerely,

Nuffsaid

[/ QUOTE ]

Good night................LOL what's with the hatred for a HS bball coach?

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Dear Coach,

Most Sincerely,

Nuffsaid

[/ QUOTE ]

Good night................LOL what's with the hatred for a HS bball coach?

[/ QUOTE ]

simply put... he never allowed his teams to play to their capabilties in the state tournament. He lost many games he should have won...easily.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Ernie Gilliard = Underachiever

[/ QUOTE ]

ernie gilliard = HUGE underachiever.

LMAO! If Bluefield loses round 1 in Charleston, or gets upset by someone like Pikeview before that, I wonder how many haters this new guy will have in Beaver nation. It should be pointed out that Gillard was there like 5 years, and the Basketball team there hasn't won the title since '96. Just a little premature celebration from a few fans I think.

On another note, many of us at James Monroe thought we'd start winning football championships after Don Jackson left, he had a history of blowing close playoff games, unfortunatly, Coach Nit-Witt hasn't shown that he's any better.

All those Beaver fans that wanted Gillard out, you got your wish, we'll see whether or not it's a good thing for them.

it's not that we're prematurely celebrating, it's just that we're so glad he's gone. No one has ever liked him, unlike how James Monroe loved Whitt up until he lost the state championship game. Im very sure I speak for all Beaver basketball fans when I say that Gilliard being gone is the best thing to happen since Dexter Moore came to Bluefield.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

if you remember correctly, Gilliard almost blew a game aginst your beloved Mavs in the sectionals. If it werent for a heroic performance by Dexter Moore in the closing seconds, we would have lost that game as well. That game should have never even been close, and neither should have the first one last year... all we had to do is run the court and you all could not even come close to matching are athleticism...

He didnt screw up once or twice, BUT 4 times. And you CAN NOT compare him to Jackson or your former coach because you have never been to a state championship with him anyways. You never had a championship game with him with the game on the line.

Its one thing to get beat by a better team, but when you constantly lose to lesser teams when everything is on the line, you would be angry too.

And as for gilliard getting out, it is an amazing thing for bluefield basketball. any player or fan that kept up with the beavers knows that is true. The game plan really is quite simple RUN. any coach who does that we will be happy with.

[ QUOTE ]

LMAO! If Bluefield loses round 1 in Charleston, or gets upset by someone like Pikeview before that, I wonder how many haters this new guy will have in Beaver nation. It should be pointed out that Gillard was there like 5 years, and the Basketball team there hasn't won the title since '96. Just a little premature celebration from a few fans I think.

On another note, many of us at James Monroe thought we'd start winning football championships after Don Jackson left, he had a history of blowing close playoff games, unfortunatly, Coach Nit-Witt hasn't shown that he's any better.

All those Beaver fans that wanted Gillard out, you got your wish, we'll see whether or not it's a good thing for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Havens will take this team much further than Gilliard would have. Honestly, I won't be surprised if Bluefield loses before Charleston or early in Charleston. They're very young this year and don't have a consistent outside shooter on the team. As long as Havens is pushing the basketball offensively and getting in people's faces defensively very few people from Bluefield will have much to say. The biggest problem with Gilliard was that he didn't allow the team to play to its strength and allowed other teams to dictate the pace of the game. Plus, he made ZERO in-game adjustments...

[ QUOTE ]

No one has ever liked him, unlike how James Monroe loved Whitt up until he lost the state championship game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's make one thing clear, ALOT of Maverick fans did not and never have loved up to Witt. The only positive comment I made was about the house-cleaning after the 2004 hazing incident.

When you're going to the big game, the rumbling's calmed a bit, Witt made huge error in playcalling against Tolsia last year, and Bluefield in 2005, and was actually out-coached badly against Magnolia this year, James Monroe out-talented that team and barely won.

The 2nd half meltdown in Wheeling was simply the straw that broke the Camel's back.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

No one has ever liked him, unlike how James Monroe loved Whitt up until he lost the state championship game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's make one thing clear, ALOT of Maverick fans did not and never have loved up to Witt. The only positive comment I made was about the house-cleaning after the 2004 hazing incident.

When you're going to the big game, the rumbling's calmed a bit, Witt made huge error in playcalling against Tolsia last year, and Bluefield in 2005, and was actually out-coached badly against Magnolia this year, James Monroe out-talented that team and barely won.

The 2nd half meltdown in Wheeling was simply the straw that broke the Camel's back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whitt seems a lot like Gilliard, except better. If Whitt would make a stronger effort to gain a more consistent passing game when the runs not working James Monroe could really be a dominant team.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

I just think its a shame Gilliard didnt leave five years ago lol. I would have loved to see what a real coach could do with the talented teams and players from 04-07

[/ QUOTE ]

Won at least 2 state championships...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

let me add that it was the "B" team lol...

Lets not forget about 2005 when we beat Woodrow, who would eventually become the AAA state champion. That team was full of players, Kelly marrioti, Ken Bogart, Garrett Patterson, Dustin Wade, Cloyd Jefferies, the list goes on...

[ QUOTE ]

Lets not forget about 2005 when we beat Woodrow, who would eventually become the AAA state champion. That team was full of players, Kelly marrioti, Ken Bogart, Garrett Patterson, Dustin Wade, Cloyd Jefferies, the list goes on...

[/ QUOTE ]

Huntington won it in 05. they three-peated 05,06,07

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was 2004 that Bluefield beat Beckley and Beckley won the state title.

And yes, I forgot about Bluefield playing the OHA's red team last year. I was thinking about the gold team.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was 2004 that Bluefield beat Beckley and Beckley won the state title.

And yes, I forgot about Bluefield playing the OHA's red team last year. I was thinking about the gold team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh god there's no way we would have stood a chance against Oak Hill's gold team.