WVU Head coaching job

poker

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I have 3 people in mind:

1. Tommy Bowden

2. Skip Holtz

3. Bud Foster.

However, i cant see Foster taking the job. He has strong ties to VT and Beamer, and I expect to see him get a deal similar to the one at florida state with Bowden and Jimbo...

as for the Appy St. coach, since he is 68 years old, i cant see him coming to morgantown. Boone, NC is an amazing place and would be a great place to retire and im sure he will do so there...

this is a quote in the roanoke Times

In a recent article published by the Roanoke Times, Virginia Tech defensive coordinator, Bud Foster said he would be interested in a head coaching job with a BCS team.

Foster's agent, Bob Lattinville, told the paper,

that while Michigan isn't interested, things could "get interesting" if West Virginia head coach Rich Rodriguez left to fill the Wolverines' opening.

"West Virginia is a program Bud is very familiar with," Lattinville said. "If Rodriguez left, I think they might be interested in him, and I'm sure Bud would have some interest."

I say bring on foster. That would be pretty amazing. I am just saying.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

In a recent article published by the Roanoke Times, Virginia Tech defensive coordinator, Bud Foster said he would be interested in a head coaching job with a BCS team.

that while Michigan isn't interested, things could "get interesting" if West Virginia head coach Rich Rodriguez left to fill the Wolverines' opening.

"West Virginia is a program Bud is very familiar with," Lattinville said. "If Rodriguez left, I think they might be interested in him, and I'm sure Bud would have some interest."

[/ QUOTE ]

but thats also buds agent saying that, not Foster himself. I dont see him going anywhere...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only would this be an interesting move for West Virginia, this would also be a fantastic move for the ACC, especially all but one of the Coastal teams, and even more especially big-brother Virginia.

Send the old man north! Hell, I'll even help him pack if that's what it takes!

[ QUOTE ]

I have 3 people in mind:

1. Tommy Bowden

2. Skip Holtz

3. Bud Foster.

However, i cant see Foster taking the job. He has strong ties to VT and Beamer, and I expect to see him get a deal similar to the one at florida state with Bowden and Jimbo...

as for the Appy St. coach, since he is 68 years old, i cant see him coming to morgantown. Boone, NC is an amazing place and would be a great place to retire and im sure he will do so there...

[/ QUOTE ] ESPN mentioned Terry Bowden as a candidate.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I have 3 people in mind:

1. Tommy Bowden

2. Skip Holtz

3. Bud Foster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing like a morally-upstanding, reputable head coach to head up your program!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I have 3 people in mind:

1. Tommy Bowden

2. Skip Holtz

3. Bud Foster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing like a morally-upstanding, reputable head coach to head up your program!

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely see Terry Bowden more than Tommy

Terry Bowden will do a much better job at WVU. As a VT fan I would hate them to lose one of their best coaches. Beamer is great and so is Bud Foster. However, WVU is more than welcome to take Stinespring. That guy has no clue to VT's offensive weapons. The best thing he did was use Tyrod and Glennon in the offense.

Does anyone remember last year when Bobby Huggins did the exact same thing to Kansas State as Rich Rodriguez did to WVU by going to Michigan? He had bright talent lined up and arguably the best player in college basketball coming in too. He had just signed a nice contract recently, had everything he wanted, but then just dropped it all, and left the school in an instant.

When this happened, WVU welcomed Huggins with open arms and it was magically alright, but when one of their own does it, then it is unbearable! Shame on you, Rich!

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone remember last year when Bobby Huggins did the exact same thing to Kansas State as Rich Rodriguez did to WVU by going to Michigan? He had bright talent lined up and arguably the best player in college basketball coming in too. He had just signed a nice contract recently, had everything he wanted, but then just dropped it all, and left the school in an instant.

When this happened, WVU welcomed Huggins with open arms and it was magically alright, but when one of their own does it, then it is unbearable! Shame on you, Rich!

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you compare those two situations? In one case you had a home state boy who LEFT his alma mater to go somewhere else, while Huggins came back home. Huggins was very apologetic about leaving Kansas State, you can tell that he really did love it there. He knew this would be his last chance to take the job he always wanted. If KSU was Huggins alma mater then you would have an argument but in this case you have none.

[ QUOTE ]

Word is the Saban is in Motown right now...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, he and three or four other potential head coaches have been there all day playing rock-scissors-paper to see who gets the job...Foster got knocked out early and was able to make it back to Blacksburg in time for practice...<rolls eyes>...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Word is the Saban is in Motown right now...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, he and three or four other potential head coaches have been there all day playing rock-scissors-paper to see who gets the job...Foster got knocked out early and was able to make it back to Blacksburg in time for practice...<rolls eyes>...

[/ QUOTE ]

"Damn....I thought rock broke through paper!!!"

[ QUOTE ]

He went home, big difference....Beilein bolted and we really did not have big problem...he was not from wv....huggins is wvu alum.

[/ QUOTE ]

That says a lot, then! Just kidding.

Bob Huggins has the moral standing of Terry Bowden. In fact, wasn't it Huggins that didn't graduate a player for years and years during his time at Cincinnati? Wasn't there recruiting violations in there as well? Slap some blue and yellow on him, and he becomes a saint. Funny how that happens...

Speaking of the high-class characters of Huggins and Bowden, they soon might be counterparts together in harmony and bliss!

[ QUOTE ]

How can you compare those two situations? In one case you had a home state boy who LEFT his alma mater to go somewhere else, while Huggins came back home. Huggins was very apologetic about leaving Kansas State, you can tell that he really did love it there. He knew this would be his last chance to take the job he always wanted. If KSU was Huggins alma mater then you would have an argument but in this case you have none.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bring forth the argument that Rodriguez was a "back stabber" and turned his back on West Virginia in the eyes of most WVU faithful. Yet, Huggins did the same thing to Kansas State. Alma mater or not, it is the principle of leaving unexpectedly.

If you want to play the "Huggins really was apologetic" card, then you can say the the exact same thing about Rodriguez. In his press conference, he did nothing to bash WVU or belittle them. It was apparently very "emotional" during the meeting with his players. Just as Huggins was offered the WVU job once, the same was presented to Rich Rod. How many more chances do you think Rich Rod would have to coach at Michigan? This is also once in a lifetime. Rarely do coaches ever get the same offer twice.

It is the same thing with the exception of being an alum at their respective universities. Two things are the constant of when coaches change schools: alma maters and prestige. Bobby Huggins wanted to be at his alma mater, and Rich Rod chose tradition.

From a saint to a sinner in just one month...