Brittney Spears sister Pregnant

beaverbaseball

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Back to the topic:

I'd hit!

[/ QUOTE ]

haha she is a REALLY pretty girl...Keyword "girl"..She's not ready to have a child and raise it herself...I say this will put a big hold to her future and career

[/ QUOTE ]

Well hell, I guess if there is grass on the green.....I'll putt!! j/k

[ QUOTE ]

I'm so looking forward to the book that their mother, Lynn Spears, was having published about parenting. Should be really informative. Yea right!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lynne Spears' book about parenting has been delayed indefinitely, her publisher said Wednesday.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,22953744-5005368,00.html?from=mostpop

Spears' lover faces rape charges

The boyfriend of 16-year-old Jamie Lynn Spears could face statutory rape charges carrying a maximum penalty of 10 years in jail.

If 19-year-old Casey Aldridge really is the father and the baby was conceived in Spears' home state of Louisiana, the act could technically be considered "felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile" - defined as "sexual intercourse with consent between someone age 19 or older and someone between age 12 and 17".

Fox News reports that in Louisiana a person can only legally consent to sex at age 17. If aged 15 or 16, the other person involved must be no more than two years older for the act to be considered legal.

Yet Aldridge wouldn’t fare much better if the act happened in California, where Spears lives while on the set of her TV show Zoey 101.

"It states clearly in the Californian Penal Code that any person who engages in an act of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor (under 18) who is not more than three years older or three years younger than the perpetrator, is guilty of a misdemeanour and faces up to one year in a county jail," criminal defence attorney Jim Hammer said.

“But if Aldridge is actually more than three years older he could be up for a felony, which carries a maximum three years in prison.â€

But lawyer Christopher Darden says charges are unlikely.

“The father of the child may have committed a criminal offence or misdemeanour by having unlawful sex with a minor,†he said. “But unless the complaint is filed from the minor’s parent, it is unlikely that this will be taken further.â€

they have been "together", and it's well doccumented, since they were both minors at the time, that alone will make it hard to prosecute...maybe not from a legal standpoint by the letter of the law, but in reality.

This isn't going anywhere in the court system, and as soon as something else comes along to knock it off the front pages of the news it will all but be forgotten until she has the baby...then give it a few more weeks of coverage and if she can avoid being stupid like her big sis...it'll be old news quickly...best thing they could do is just lay low and let it pass.

[ QUOTE ]

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,22953744-5005368,00.html?from=mostpop

The boyfriend of 16-year-old Jamie Lynn Spears could face statutory rape charges carrying a maximum penalty of 10 years in jail.

If 19-year-old Casey Aldridge really is the father and the baby was conceived in Spears' home state of Louisiana, the act could technically be considered "felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile" - defined as "sexual intercourse with consent between someone age 19 or older and someone between age 12 and 17".

Fox News reports that in Louisiana a person can only legally consent to sex at age 17. If aged 15 or 16, the other person involved must be no more than two years older for the act to be considered legal.

Yet Aldridge wouldn’t fare much better if the act happened in California, where Spears lives while on the set of her TV show Zoey 101.

"It states clearly in the Californian Penal Code that any person who engages in an act of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor (under 18) who is not more than three years older or three years younger than the perpetrator, is guilty of a misdemeanour and faces up to one year in a county jail," criminal defence attorney Jim Hammer said.

“But if Aldridge is actually more than three years older he could be up for a felony, which carries a maximum three years in prison.â€

“The father of the child may have committed a criminal offence or misdemeanour by having unlawful sex with a minor,†he said. “But unless the complaint is filed from the minor’s parent, it is unlikely that this will be taken further.â€

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for that link.

I told you that southern states generally have tougher stances than their northern counterparts!

As far as this goes, one needs to look at the birthdates to determine whether the act in question was a felony or misdeameanor. Currently, Aldridge is 18 (according to my research, at least) and Spears is 16, but the real crux of dispute here, is whether Aldridge turns 19 before Spears turns 17. Put differently, was Aldridge 18 while Spears was 15, which would satisfy the three year difference and the under-16-proviso required for the felony?

Spears is 13 weeks along, if you believe her own statements and those in the media. That would put the "act" around September 20th, as a rough guess. Here are the birthdates:

Jamie Lynn Spears: April 4th, 1991

Casey Aldridge: April 29th, 1989

As a result, it appears that Aldridge would be liable only for the misdeameanor (or more than one, given the number of times the deed was done), should the parents (acting in lieu of Spears) choose to pursue it.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for that link.

I told you that southern states generally have tougher stances than their northern counterparts!

As far as this goes, one needs to look at the birthdates to determine whether the act in question was a felony or misdeameanor. Currently, Aldridge is 18 (according to my research, at least) and Spears is 16, but the real crux of dispute here, is whether Aldridge turns 19 before Spears turns 17. Put differently, was Aldridge 18 while Spears was 15, which would satisfy the three year difference and the under-16-proviso required for the felony?

Spears is 13 weeks along, if you believe her own statements and those in the media. That would put the "act" around September 20th, as a rough guess. Here are the birthdates:

Jamie Lynn Spears: April 4th, 1991

Casey Aldridge: April 29th, 1989

As a result, it appears that Aldridge would be liable only for the misdeameanor (or more than one, given the number of times the deed was done), should the parents (acting in lieu of Spears) choose to pursue it.

[/ QUOTE ]

something must be wrong... i found a site that also said he was born on april 29th 1989, but that would make him only 18 now, trust me because i was born on april 10th, 1989...lol

but yet most reports are calling him 19???

[ QUOTE ]

So.... he actually was able to smash that, Get her knocked up, and everything be Okie-dokie?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, pretty much.

Theoretically, Aldridge could still likely be charged with a misdeameanor, and get up to one year in prison. However, in most cases of consensual acts leading to minors having children, mothers don't presses charges on behalf of the children. Else, I wouldn't expect the mother of such reputable children to press charges. Especially in lieu of her "good" daughter.