Brittney Spears sister Pregnant

beaverbaseball

at age 16

http://omg.yahoo.com/jamie-lynn-spears-says-shes-pregnant/news/4928

NEW YORK - Another Spears baby is reportedly on the way and it's not Britney's. Jamie Lynn Spears, the 16-year-old "Zoey 101" star and sister of Britney, told OK! magazine that she's pregnant and that the father is her boyfriend, Casey Aldridge.

"It was a shock for both of us, so unexpected," she said. "I was in complete and total shock and so was he."

Spears is 12 weeks along and initially kept the news to herself when she learned of the pregnancy from an at-home test and subsequent doctor visit, she told the celebrity magazine, which hits stands in New York on Wednesday and the rest of the country by Friday.

What message does she want to send to other teens about premarital sex? "I definitely don't think it's something you should do; it's better to wait," she told the magazine. "But I can't be judgmental because it's a position I put myself in."

After she found out from a doctor that she was pregnant, she said, "I took two weeks to myself where I didn't tell anybody."

"Only one of my friends knew because I needed to work out what I would do for myself before I let anyone's opinion affect my decision. Then I told my parents and my friends. I was scared, but I had to do what was right for me," she said.

Spears broke the news to her mother, Lynne, just before Thanksgiving, the magazine reported.

"She was very upset because it wasn't what she expected at all," Spears said. "A week after, she had time to cope with it and became very supportive."

Lynne Spears, already grandmother to Britney's young sons, told the magazine: "I didn't believe it because Jamie Lynn's always been so conscientious. She's never late for her curfew. I was in shock. I mean, this is my 16-year-old baby."

She said her actress daughter, the telegenic heroine of her popular Nickelodeon series, has known Aldridge for years and began dating him in high school.

But in a recent interview with The Associated Press, Spears said she had no steady boyfriend. "I kind of just keep my options open," she said. "I have a bunch of friends that I always hang out with, a bunch of guy friends." She declined to talk about her older sister.

Spears spoke to the AP shortly before Thanksgiving, the day she told OK! she informed her mother about the pregnancy.

Jamie Lynn plans to raise the baby in her home state of Louisiana "so it can have a normal family life."

Nickelodeon released a statement: "We respect Jamie Lynn's decision to take responsibility in this sensitive and personal situation. We know this is a very difficult time for her and her family, and our primary concern right now is for Jamie Lynn's well being."

A publicist for the network did not immediately respond to phone and e-mail requests for additional comment.

"Zoey 101" is scheduled to conclude its third season Jan. 4 with a cliffhanger episode in which Spears' character must decide whether to leave her fictional Pacific Coast Academy boarding school in California to join her parents in London.

The show is scheduled to resume in February, and its producer, Dan Schneider, has said filming on the fourth season has already been completed.

___

On the Net:

OK! magazine

Wow... This is what the kids of today are being taught. They watch Nickelodeon and see one of the most famous faces have a baby at the age of 16. Man, have times changed. Kids are learning stuff at a much faster rate than earlier generations.

[ QUOTE ]

Wow... This is what the kids of today are being taught. They watch Nickelodeon and see one of the most famous faces have a baby at the age of 16. Man, have times changed. Kids are learning stuff at a much faster rate than earlier generations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Truer words have been seldom spoken. It boggles even my mind the depravity I see: internet, television, even in the clothing children wear today. Just like the Tim Wilson song: "It's a Sorry World" sometimes.

I feel sorry for Jamie Lynn Spears. Life has basically hit her upside the head with a brick. Just as I've heard most of my life: you can do something in five minutes that you'll have the rest of your lifetime to regret, and I believe that's what may come from this.

As an aside, her boyfriend is 19 years old, while she's 16. I'm not aware of the exact Florida/Louisiana/California law (the three states J.L. Spears frequents), but if the underage sexual relations statutes mirror Virginia's, this is a crime: likely even a felony. Nothing will probably happen to Casey Aldridge, but this is something that interests me in the whole situation.

I completely agree with just about every one of those points Observer, and I, too, will be interested in seeing how this whole situation will play out.

As a law student would know, most states do believe sexual relations at the age of 16 and with an adult is within the law if it is consented relations. The states that you named will have their own take on them, and have their laws dealing with it. I was unaware that Aldridge was 19 years old, so that adds a whole new twist to the story.

It will also be interesting to see how Disney will handle the situation, and also, to see how this will affect the younger Spears' future. It couldn't be any worse than her sister's! wink.gif

Seeing the vast advances that teens are making almost yearly really makes me wonder what it will be like when my kids are growing up in the latter future...

[ QUOTE ]

As a law student would know, most states do believe sexual relations at the age of 16 and with an adult is within the law if it is consented relations. The states that you named will have their own take on them, and have their laws dealing with it. I was unaware that Aldridge was 19 years old, so that adds a whole new twist to the story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yes, I certainly know that there are vast differences between jurisdictions on very many things, of which sexual consent by minors is one. No two states have the same criteria, and let me tell you, on an exam, it's maddening writing out several different approaches! But I digress. You may have to excuse me if I err in the following paragraphs, for I've studied far more torts than criminal law up to this point, and may very well be incorrect on a few matters.

In general, southern states tend to be more stringent on sexual relations with minors, while northern states appear to be a bit more laxed. Culture difference, methinks. Just look at Georgia: 18-year-old Genarlow Wilson got served seven of ten YEARS for consensual oral sex with a 16-year-old. Not even intercourse! That statute got a much-needed overhaul, in the end, but there are incredibly rigid statutes like that in the books. On a cursory glance, more states do tend toward the "16-year-old with consent" doctrine, but it's by no means a sweeping majority. I reiterate, I'm speaking off the cuff, with just what I could draw off Westlaw and analyze in a short amount of time.

Unless the legislatures have changed/revised the laws in the past four years, here's how the law in our two great states stands now:

In West Virginia, J.L. Spears's actions would be perfectly legal, for a 16-year-old girl is allowed to have consensual sex with a boy either no more than four years her elder (this provision ends once the girl turns 18), or with her husband, given that she is legally married at the earliest possible age (16) in West Virginia. Casey Aldridge would be as free as can be.

In Virginia, Aldridge would be guilty of a felony count (or counts, since I highly doubt this incident was isolated) of carnal relations with a minor. Likewise, there is no marriage proviso for those underage, since the legal age for marriage in the state of Virginia is 18.

In the end, I'm probably spouting legal logistics for something that won't happen. I just hope she can get her life patched up, and be able to provide for a new life that will enter this world.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

you can do something in five minutes that you'll have the rest of your lifetime to regret.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a lot more fun if you can do it for longer than five minutes (although perhaps no less regrettable).

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA! Not what I was trying to say, but definitely no less true. wink.gif

What a dumb a$$! I thought her sister was a train wreck, but i think the little engine that could just overtook sister's train for the lead in the "Are You Kidding Me?" award for 2007. What a great role model for little girls and boys. I expect to teen pregnancy rate to go back up now.

That family has to be embarrassed beyond belief as is Nickelodeon. They are going to lose tons of money on its' number one rated show.

[ QUOTE ]

What a dumb a$$! I thought her sister was a train wreck, but i think the little engine that could just overtook sister's train for the lead in the "Are You Kidding Me?" award for 2007. What a great role model for little girls and boys. I expect to teen pregnancy rate to go back up now.

That family has to be embarrassed beyond belief as is Nickelodeon. They are going to lose tons of money on its' number one rated show.

[/ QUOTE ]

You never saw this crap out of SpongeBob Squarepants!

Seriously, if Nickelodeon would stick to its to cartoons and cut back on those goofy teenage dramas/comedies, that would've helped them immensely. But again, Nickelodeon only hired her in the first place because she was Britney's sister; else, the talent must grow really thick in backwoods Louisiana! Let this be a lesson to networks in general: apples on the same tree don't often fall far from one another. There are exceptions, but this appears to be the norm, sadly. A couple of quarterbacks that went to Virginia Tech can attest to this.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You never saw this crap out of SpongeBob Squarepants!

Seriously, if Nickelodeon would stick to its to cartoons and cut back on those goofy teenage dramas/comedies, that would've helped them immensely. But again, Nickelodeon only hired her in the first place because she was Britney's sister; else, the talent must grow really thick in backwoods Louisiana! Let this be a lesson to networks in general: apples on the same tree don't often fall far from one another. There are exceptions, but this appears to be the norm, sadly. Case and point: the Vick brothers. Just sad to see people have the world at their fingertips and crush it.

[ QUOTE ]

Read my two posts, especially the one to which you responded.

[/ QUOTE ]

After rereading both the orgional post and the post you suggest, I fial to see where West Virginia or Virginia law would figure into potential prosecution of this action.

I understand that you personally have experience with West Va/Va law but I doubt that either of those two states laws will come into play if there were to be criminal proceedings following this young "man's" actions.

UVAObserver was merely pointing out the differences of the laws in each respective state. Every state has their own jurisdiction, or take, on the law. More often than not there will not be any 2 states who have the same views on the law. He goes on to state that he hasn't a clue on what the laws are in the 3 states that this could have potentially taken place in. He is only familiar with West Virginia and Virginia and used them as examples.

[ QUOTE ]

so i wonder who the father is...i hope it's Slash or someone cool like that...maybe Phil Collins or Don Johnson...that would kick ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Casey Aldridge