maryland 82 UNC 80 final

twopac

I'am certaintly not UNC fan but I think they are still the best team in the country. A loss every now and then in collage basketball is not a bad thing because when you have long winning streaks it is hard to stay focused every game and a loss will re-focus a team and it lets the team know that they can be beat on any given night.

every team in basketball needs that reality check game....maybe this was it for UNC....they are the best team in the country....but when Hans gets shut down....someone has to step up....I didn't see the second half, but Lawson was in foul trouble and not sure how Ellington ended up, but someone else has to step up and take pressure off of him.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

every team in basketball needs that reality check game....maybe this was it for UNC....they are the best team in the country....but when Hans gets shut down....someone has to step up....I didn't see the second half, but Lawson was in foul trouble and not sure how Ellington ended up, but someone else has to step up and take pressure off of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

"hans" didnt get shut down, he actually played really well second half. ended up with 17 pts 14-15 rbs. also scored the basket to tie it before MD hit the game winner...

UNC just needs to work on defense...

at times thier defense is stellar....other times...seem a little lazy....Roy will work that our of them. Hans was shut down in the first half. If he had a first half like the second, wouldn't be much of a need to talk about it.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

at times thier defense is stellar....other times...seem a little lazy....Roy will work that our of them. Hans was shut down in the first half. If he had a first half like the second, wouldn't be much of a need to talk about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

like i said, he didnt. He played excellent in the second half and had some key baskets and rebounds late in the game...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

like i said, he didnt. He played excellent in the second half and had some key baskets and rebounds late in the game...

[/ QUOTE ]

Like i said......he was shut down in the first half. I think he had 4 points in the first. They made an adjustment to get him more touches w/o the double team. First half, he was shut down......they shouldn't have been close to Maryland at the half. Noone else stepped up, so him being shut down, affected the outcome of the game

Guest BEAVERTAIL

i agree. they have a lot to work on during the next few months...Scoring wise they are fine though, even during this off shooting night they still had a chance to win...

Defense is key, but we knew that already abt this Tar Heel team...

[ QUOTE ]

i agree. they have a lot to work on during the next few months...Scoring wise they are fine though, even during this off shooting night they still had a chance to win...

Defense is key, but we knew that already abt this Tar Heel team...

[/ QUOTE ]

Every team has an off shooting night but if you have a good defence that will always keep you in the game no matter what team sport you play.

I actually think you can put UNC's loss to Maryland on Ga. Tech from three days ealier. The Yellow Jackets physically beat up on UNC the other night and the fatigue showed. Maryland was a bit fresher coming off an extra day of rest and a much easier game in their victory of Wake Forest.

As Roy Williams was saying during his post game interview "we had two guys give me the 'tired' sign as they were going back on defense...don't give me the 'tired' sign when your on defense, wait until we're on offense..."

[ QUOTE ]

I actually think you can put UNC's loss to Maryland on Ga. Tech from three days ealier. The Yellow Jackets physically beat up on UNC the other night and the fatigue showed. Maryland was a bit fresher coming off an extra day of rest and a much easier game in their victory of Wake Forest.

As Roy Williams was saying during his post game interview "we had two guys give me the 'tired' sign as they were going back on defense...don't give me the 'tired' sign when your on defense, wait until we're on offense..."

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the time of season when fatigue starts hitting all teams and conference play is also getting tougher no matter what your opponents record is because alot of your rivalries come out of conference play.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Despite the silly talk, they were not going to go undefeated in the ACC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very few teams ever have...

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, that's why I found the talk of such so ridiculous. The college basketball talking-heads should have known better...

The ACC is just so tough of a conference from top to bottom and you know if your schools name is UNC or Duke you are going to get your opponents very best every night. And once the younger players learn this and start playing with the same intensity everynight out thats usually when both schools are most dangerous.

for anyone to think that a team could possibly go undefeated in the ACC is just crazy. The ACC is so deep this year and I am, along with probably most of you, especially surprised in Miami. When they do not kill themselves, example being the horendous inbound pass to NC State's player, they can hang with anyone. Thats when you know the ACC is good. When the preseason bottom ranked team comes out and breaks the top 20 its saying something.