James Monroe Football

here

Don't want to be premature in posting, but I understand there will be a change in James Monroe's football program for next year. I'm sure more will be known after tonight's Board meeting.

Although I haven't heard, officially, I understand Coach Witt tendered his resignation for health reasons. So, what lies ahead? Potential candidates for coach??? Single wing???

[ QUOTE ]

Did Whit stay on as AD? So this week James Monroe has lost head Coaches in BB and FB???

[/ QUOTE ]

Mathis (I think thats his name.. tall, brown haired guy) left the basketball team??

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Did Whit stay on as AD? So this week James Monroe has lost head Coaches in BB and FB???

[/ QUOTE ]

Mathis (I think thats his name.. tall, brown haired guy) left the basketball team??

[/ QUOTE ]

got in trouble with the wvssac for something, but was kicked off or suspended or something...

Mathis is a good guy. He helped out with their golf team back when I was in high school and I always looked forward to getting him as an official scorer. James Monroe will take a huge blow if they lose him permanently, and somebody else will get a good basketball coach if he goes elsewhere. I would take him for the Bluefield job!

[ QUOTE ]

There goes what little basketball program they were starting to build...

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't be more true...

It's official that Mathis lost his coaching and teaching position in Monroe County over this.

I would welcome Mathis with welcome arms to come over to Mercer County and work with the Beavers...