Marion Girls Varsity

junkballer12

[ QUOTE ]

Has anyone seen how bad they are? U would think they could learn how to dribble over the course of a career!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, something has to be done in the youth leagues around here for the girls...develop them earlier.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, something has to be done in the youth leagues around here for the girls...develop them earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the key...and I think it all comes from the high school program. The youth programs in an area are the farm teams for the high school programs and the head varsity coach has to have a hand in how things are run and what is taught at the lower levels.

I disagree with that statement. The same thing is being done now that was being done 10-15 years ago in the rec. league. It all comes down to coaching at the high school level. Look at some of the teams that Davidson had. Marion had 5 wins this year in girls varsity, that is crazy. Do you actually think if Davidson was still the head coach the girls would have only had 5 wins this year? I do not think so. Two of the girls on the varsity team this year have played AAU basketball for quite some time. I just know the results can be much better than they have been in the past several years.