Possible candidates for head coach at James Monroe

MavsRock

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

And if JM had executed to it's fullest??????????

I've been waiting for a JM to make a statement like this so here goes.After the the first loss to Bluefield earlier in the season all that you heard after the game was that JM didn't execute well....blah blah this and blah blah that.Well if I remember correctly Bluefield didn't exactly play their best game of the year also,but JM got what they wanted and that was a second chance at Bluefield and JM still couldn't beat Bluefield and now we hear the same ole excuses that JM didn't execute..... and blah blah this and blah blah that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how you could have the face to say that about JM. Bluefield has never lost a game that the refs didn't cheat or Bluefield didn't play to their potential..Talk about two-faced....

[/ QUOTE ]

AA state championship 2005.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

On a related note, Fred Simon creates a fertile breeding ground for those who hate Bluefield.

Did five of those ten losses that Witt had come at the hands of Bluefield? No wonder Fred Simon creates a fertile breeding ground for James Monroe fans to hate Bluefield.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, more him being a butthole than anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

please give reasons for that analogy, becuase the only ones i can think of is the fact that he stomps JM every year in the playoffs. please no he said she said stuff either... Provide solid examples.

[/ QUOTE ]

-Tripping a kid from Pulaski running down the sidelines a few years back, and yeah, WDBJ 7 cought it on tape

-Joining the Mavericks in a postgame team prayer after the Beavers semi-final win in 2005, and then refusing to do so after the Beavers loss in Lindside in 2006.

-I know of a kid who was going to play ball at Bluefield last year who had a lot of family trouble last spring, and Simon wouldn't even give him a break from weightlifting to get it straitened out.

-Oh yeah, that 2004 title game where they were still throwing the ball late in the game with a 69-24 score.

And there ARE MANY others that I haven't confirmed myself, but even Bluefield fans have talked about Simon giving his players 0 help getting to the next level. Anyone else besides me wonder why a team as talented as Bluefield has so few players in D-1?

[ QUOTE ]

he's just losing sleep about next football season. its already been a tough task preparing

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you guys lost several seniors, how are things looking in Bluefield for next year in your opinion?

the seniors we are losing will be very tough to replace. I mean losing D-1 talent in Shaun Brooks and Ansel Ponder at crucial skill positions is hard. I think we have some good replacements though. If Isaiah Manns, a soon senior, can get healthy and perform at his best, everyone will see what has been waiting to be shown off for 4 years now. He has had the worst luck with injuries ive known of and is still in physical therapy for his knees which he will need to complete through august to be able to play. our line has some good replacements filling in, just the issue of size will hurt. Although Bluefield was outmatched in nearly every game last year in size up front, strength and speed made up for it and I dont believe next years team will have the same speed. Maybe the same strength, other than Aaron Bowes and Mike Miller, but I dont think the speed can be matched.

As far as returning starters, Will Cole, Cody Wassum, Jake Lilly, Marcus Patterson, and Asher Sexton (the kicker who might see time at receiver) all return. Levi Beckett, an upcoming sophomore with a strong future, will take over what Ansel did this past year at receiver and safety. Keith Ferguson, also an upcoming sophomore, will be an offensive line and linebacker most likely. That kid is phenominal. Easily could have started this year, in my opinion.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

On a related note, Fred Simon creates a fertile breeding ground for those who hate Bluefield.

Did five of those ten losses that Witt had come at the hands of Bluefield? No wonder Fred Simon creates a fertile breeding ground for James Monroe fans to hate Bluefield.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, more him being a butthole than anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

please give reasons for that analogy, becuase the only ones i can think of is the fact that he stomps JM every year in the playoffs. please no he said she said stuff either... Provide solid examples.

[/ QUOTE ]

-Tripping a kid from Pulaski running down the sidelines a few years back, and yeah, WDBJ 7 cought it on tape

-Joining the Mavericks in a postgame team prayer after the Beavers semi-final win in 2005, and then refusing to do so after the Beavers loss in Lindside in 2006.

-I know of a kid who was going to play ball at Bluefield last year who had a lot of family trouble last spring, and Simon wouldn't even give him a break from weightlifting to get it straitened out.

-Oh yeah, that 2004 title game where they were still throwing the ball late in the game with a 69-24 score.

And there ARE MANY others that I haven't confirmed myself, but even Bluefield fans have talked about Simon giving his players 0 help getting to the next level. Anyone else besides me wonder why a team as talented as Bluefield has so few players in D-1?

[/ QUOTE ]

He did not refuse to pray with James Monroe in 2006. I dont know where you get your information from. And in 2004 the guy who was passing with 2 minutes left was a senior who had played receiver all season and he just wanted to play QB one last time. Do you blame the kid for wanting to do so? It was up to Wayne to prepare themselves for the biggest game of the year and they didnt do it so stop talking crap about us running up the score.

Fred Simon deeply regrets the time in 2006 when he turned down the offer by jason jackson to join JM in a postgame prayer. He did in fact express this regret to his beavers and Im sure he was planning on making it a point to pray with JM in the next meeting, but unfortunately there wasnt a second meeting of the teams that year therefore not giving him the opportunity to do so.

Mavs you are a psycho and a liar... the kid that you speak of was well liked and allowed to make up days from weightlifting as is every other player.... I know personally that Coach Simon and the assistants help any and all student athletes who pursue their dreams of moving on to the next level... I dont know exactly where you get your information from but they dont know a thing about our program............ as far as your other accusations get real man, really get real!!! Suggestion 1. Mind your own buisness and stay out of the affairs of people who are doing the right thing. Suggestion 2. Take notes...........Dismissed.

You know all of this stuff really ticks me off... The kid that you are refering too was a really nice guy and respectable young man. He spoke to me on many occaisions about how the programs were similar and how he looked forward to playing for Bluefield. I hate that he didn't get to. He just all of sudden left but up until that point he had gotten much stronger increased his speed and I believed that had he made till august he would have increased his knowledge of the game. When you guys get on here and bicker/ argue you insult those kids at James Monroe and other schools. Sadly enough you probably arent well connected to any of them. I am and I hate that you paint a picture of the students / faculty/ and staff at JM who are really a nice group of people. I am in costant contact with so many of the aforementioned and none of them ever say dumb stuff like you did in your post... you should stop.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

One name to consider is Matt Dixon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is the Dixon guy

[/ QUOTE ]

James Monroe Quarter back for the 1999 team. I think he's been teaching at Richlands, or so I've heard.

I went to school with him, and he's a pretty coll guy. Only thing is it would be his first HS coaching job, and he's only 25 or 26 years old.

[/ QUOTE ]Mavs you are a psycho and a liar... the kid that you speak of was well liked and allowed to make up days from weightlifting as is every other player.... I know personally that Coach Simon and the assistants help any and all student athletes who pursue their dreams of moving on to the next level... I dont know exactly where you get your information from but they dont know a thing about our program............ as far as your other accusations get real man, really get real!!! Suggestion 1. Mind your own buisness and stay out of the affairs of people who are doing the right thing. Suggestion 2. Take notes...........Dismissed.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]You know all of this stuff really ticks me off... The kid that you are refering too was a really nice guy and respectable young man. He spoke to me on many occaisions about how the programs were similar and how he looked forward to playing for Bluefield. I hate that he didn't get to. He just all of sudden left but up until that point he had gotten much stronger increased his speed and I believed that had he made till august he would have increased his knowledge of the game. When you guys get on here and bicker/ argue you insult those kids at James Monroe and other schools. Sadly enough you probably arent well connected to any of them. I am and I hate that you paint a picture of the students / faculty/ and staff at JM who are really a nice group of people. I am in costant contact with so many of the aforementioned and none of them ever say dumb stuff like you did in your post... you should stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh boy.

Ya know, I might not live in Bluefield, but I went to school there 4 years, and worked there another 2 years after that, so I know alot about that team. Plus that I like to study my enemy. There was even 1 year where I went to as many Beaver games as I did at James Monroe.

Your passionate defense of Simon tells me your either a relative or a very close friend. You mentioned taking notes, you should note that not too many Bluefield folks have come to his defense, that should tell you something.

As far as X's and O's he's a pretty good coach, and yeah they've been very successfull, but he didn't exactly inherit a sorry program.

One thing I do want to know from you is this-If Fred Simon cares so much about his players getting to the next level, then why is the kicker the only member of the 2004 team playing D-1 ball?, because that's as talented of a HS team as I've ever seen in this area.

[ QUOTE ]

One thing I do want to know from you is this-If Fred Simon cares so much about his players getting to the next level, then why is the kicker the only member of the 2004 team playing D-1 ball?, because that's as talented of a HS team as I've ever seen in this area.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true..Daniel Wells is playing ball at Marshall

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad, I'd forgotten about him. Probably because of how bad Marshall's been lately, nothing to do with Wells though.

Before that though, I think they only had Isabelle and Amaker in the 90's do it. Truth is Bluefield over the last 20 years Bluefield is probably averaging maybe 1 more D-1 athlete per decade in Monroe Co is. As a hardcore Maverick fan, I'll even say that probably shouldn't be happening.

One thing that has hurt JM and Giles players trememdously is the single wing. I'm still neutral on the offense, but it doesn't help your recruiting status.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad, I'd forgotten about him. Probably because of how bad Marshall's been lately, nothing to do with Wells though.

Before that though, I think they only had Isabelle and Amaker in the 90's do it. Truth is Bluefield over the last 20 years Bluefield is probably averaging maybe 1 more D-1 athlete per decade in Monroe Co is. Even as a hardcore Maverick fan, I'll even say that probably shouldn't be happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Off the top of my head I know of two other players from the 1990s that played D-1 football. Eric Krauss played at Marshall, but injuries put an end to his career. Brandon Sarver played at Georgia. Charlie Tynes also played at Marshall and started the final two years of his career there. He played a huge role on national television when Marhall knocked off then #6 K-State in Manhattan..

Guest BEAVERTAIL

how many players make it D-1 from WV? not that many... It seems as if Jordan roberts wont be going d1 either right now, seems as if his situation is cooling off as well. Jenkins may be the only one to go d1 out of this state besides a few others that may walk on...

plus you are forgetting that coach simon cant always help the ones that dont have the test scores/grades.

And as for supporting Simon, I honestly would not have any other coach in the entire state. His record in the playoffs speaks for itself. I dont think there is a beaver out there that wouoldnt support him...

Other than Lucas Stone, the kicker off the 04 team that is now at Pitt. And Daniel Wells now at Marshall. What other players had both the size and speed to play D1 ball? Rusty Coburn had the size i think but not the speed. You really have to have it all to play on the D1 level.

ive seen many other ball players out there from other states and I'll tell you that Brooks and Ponder can make it D-1. If they were to be playing in any other state or just in the northern part of WV, they would have great attention. The reason Jenkins gets so much attention is because the only marketting of WV high school players is of the northern part of the state. Ansel Ponder is perfectly cut out to be a D-1 receiver. He has the skills, the work ethic and the grades for it. Brooks has the skills and the work ethic but I wouldnt be surprised if he didnt do well on his tests. I am a friend of Shaun's and he's a great ball player but his tests wont cut it to play D-1.

I check on Rivals and Scout all the time just comparing Brooks and Ponder to other top recruits at running back and receiver and they honestly match up perfectly. Ive seen videos of these top recruits and yeah it is impressive with their stats, but what if Brooks or Ansel were the only weapon Bluefield had? Shaun would have rushed for 2,000 yrds this year and Ansel would have been a 1,000 yard receiver. These top recruits in the nation are typically the only weapon those teams have seeing as how most of their teams never go far in their states. I personally know two backs in another state that are getting recruited with offers from D-1 schools and Shaun is equaly if not more impressive than they are. The thing is, they play in south Florida where marketing is incredible for high schoolers and that they had a top quarterback in the country, Star Jackson, on their team to bring in the attention of scouts.

[ QUOTE ]

The reason Jenkins gets so much attention is because the only marketting of WV high school players is of the northern part of the state.

[/ QUOTE ]

The single biggest reason Jenkins is getting so much attention, and widely regarded as the top offensive lineman in the country, is because he attended numerous camps/combines last summer and absolutely dominated the competition. Just like in high school basketball with AAU and camps, you gain your greatest attention in football during the summer attending camps and combines. Many of these kids are men amongst boys during their high school, the coaches get the real feel for their ability when they face the other top recruits from around the country.

I know that Brooks and Ponder both play basketball over the summer for travel teams which is why they are getting attention for both sports. But youre right, if both of them were to attend camps for football over the summer they would have a great ammount more attention from colleges than what they have now.

Ansel's stuff is as follows:

height 6'3

weight: 185

vert: 34

40 time: 4.4-4.5 lets say 4.45

lifting: well I dont know his exact numbers but anyone who has actually seen him in person, whether its him lifting or not, can justify that the man is a beast in the weightroom

TOP 10 receiver recruits

AVG height: just under 6'3

AVG weight: 204.5

AVG Vert: 31 (only 3 of top 10 had verts listed so i averaged those)

AVG 40 time: 4.48 of the 9 listed in top 10

no one hardly listed their weight lifting.

So the only category Ansel was beaten in was the weight part, but he beats the average in height, vert, 40 time and of the guy listing his lifting stats beats him too. Seems there is an injustice being served to our own Mr. Ponder.