Possible candidates for head coach at James Monroe

MavsRock

[ QUOTE ]

I heard that the coach from Bath Co. has applied for the job. I think his name is Jones? Maybe some Virginia folks can tell me if that would be a good thing or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

They usually have a pretty competitive team for a small school. They won and have been in several VA Class A, D-1 State Championships over the last several years but that had some to do with the Phillips brothers who played there (one is currently at William & Mary, the other at UVA).

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

I heard that the coach from Bath Co. has applied for the job. I think his name is Jones? Maybe some Virginia folks can tell me if that would be a good thing or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't heard anything about the football coaching position at James Monroe in a while, and I just wondered if anyone else had. I understand there are about 8 applicants - most from out of the area. Anyone know any specifics?

My understanding is that the school board meets again on Tuesday, Feb 19. Don't know if this will be high on the agenda, but it'll be something to keep an eye on next week.