Possible candidates for head coach at James Monroe

MavsRock

Their are 4 I could think of right now.

Chris Booth-recently resigned as coach of Peterstown Middle School, had a ton of succes there, and yes I know that was middle school. Very popular in the community and with the players, and for the right reasons.

John Mustain-coached the JV squad for several years, has been with JM football since the start. Well respected at the school, and known for having 2 state title with the girl's basketball team.

Steve Newberry-High profile with his history at WVU, worked with Monroe Co. football as assistant going back to the Peterstown High School.

Matthew Hordasky-New to the area. Played college ball at a school in Michigan. I don't much more about this guy, but the rumors I've heard from some of the students are hard to ignore. He's the only potential candidate I've heard of that would run the single wing.

I could miss it entirly, but I'd be surprised if the new coach didn't come from this list. In fact, I'd be surprised if it wasn't either Mustain or Booth.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Add Donnie Jackson to the list. Thats the rumor anyway.He's seriously thinking about coming back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know that for sure? I know he also gave up the job because of some health issues, so I wonder if he'd really be considering it.

[ QUOTE ]

Personally I think Willie should be considered for the job along with the other names mentioned above.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know I always take your considerations to heart....

I've heard from 2 different people that Donnie is thinking about it.One of them is an assist. coach. So I would think there could be some truth to it. I was surprised when I heard this too. I know he did have some health issues that made him leave in the first place but maybe he's doing better now.He's retired from teaching so maybe he's thinking it won't be as bad as it was before. Again i've just been told he's thinking about it.So who knows but I would be all for it!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Add Donnie Jackson to the list. Thats the rumor anyway.He's seriously thinking about coming back.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great news!

[/ QUOTE ]

Time will tell, if it happens anyway. There's no question he put together awesome teams in Peterstown and Lindside. Unfortunatly on the way back from Wheeling, I had to tell a middle school kid who road with us that I was watching a replay of an old movie, he wasn't old enough to remember Jackson's shortcomings in 1998 and 99, or the infamous 3-0 loss to Bluefield in 2002.

Maybe if Donnie comes back, age will have made him wiser.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great news!

[/ QUOTE ]

Time will tell, if it happens anyway. There's no question he put together awesome teams in Peterstown and Lindside. Unfortunatly on the way back from Wheeling, I had to tell a middle school kid who road with us that I was watching a replay of an old movie, he wasn't old enough to remember Jackson's shortcomings in 1998 and 99, or the infamous 3-0 loss to Bluefield in 2002.

Maybe if Donnie comes back, age will have made him wiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing is certain, I would much rather face a Don Jackson led James Monroe team than a David Witt led James Monroe team. Furthermore, it was hard to dislike James Monroe as much with such a classy individual in Coach Witt leading the program. If Jackson does return it'll make hating James Monroe so very easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing is certain, I would much rather face a Don Jackson led James Monroe team than a David Witt led James Monroe team. Furthermore, it was hard to dislike James Monroe as much with such a classy individual in Coach Witt leading the program. If Jackson does return it'll make hating James Monroe so very easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

On a related note, Fred Simon creates a fertile breeding ground for those who hate Bluefield.

As far as people respecting Witt more than Jackson, I haven't really seen it myself.

On a related note, Fred Simon creates a fertile breeding ground for those who hate Bluefield.

Did five of those ten losses that Witt had come at the hands of Bluefield? No wonder Fred Simon creates a fertile breeding ground for James Monroe fans to hate Bluefield.

[ QUOTE ]

Did five of those ten losses that Witt had come at the hands of Bluefield? No wonder Fred Simon creates a fertile breeding ground for James Monroe fans to hate Bluefield.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, more him being a butthole than anything.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

please give reasons for that analogy, becuase the only ones i can think of is the fact that he stomps JM every year in the playoffs. please no he said she said stuff either... Provide solid examples.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

please give reasons for that analogy, becuase the only ones i can think of is the fact that he stomps JM every year in the playoffs. please no he said she said stuff either... Provide solid examples.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, I don't think 20-12 constitutes "stomping."

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, I don't think 20-12 constitutes "stomping."

[/ QUOTE ]

my daddy always taught me that if you lost by 50 or 1 it doesnt really matter cause you still got your butt kicked... but what is he against JM in the playoffs? 5-0?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really doubt you've ever met in person and spoken to him. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...

bluefield blew plenty of opportunities in that game. Honestly, if they had executed to its fullest, not having stupid turnovers for the best example, it would have been 41-12. but it wasnt, im aware.

simon's record against JM in the playoffs is where it counts. 5-0. simple.

[ QUOTE ]

bluefield blew plenty of opportunities in that game. Honestly, if they had executed to its fullest, not having stupid turnovers for the best example, it would have been 41-12. but it wasnt, im aware.

simon's record against JM in the playoffs is where it counts. 5-0. simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if JM had executed to it's fullest??????????

PS - You don't have to speak to a person to know he's a butthole. You can smell him a mile away.....

I've been waiting for a JM to make a statement like this so here goes.After the the first loss to Bluefield earlier in the season all that you heard after the game was that JM didn't execute well....blah blah this and blah blah that.Well if I remember correctly Bluefield didn't exactly play their best game of the year also,but JM got what they wanted and that was a second chance at Bluefield and JM still couldn't beat Bluefield and now we hear the same ole excuses that JM didn't execute..... and blah blah this and blah blah that.

[ QUOTE ]

I've been waiting for a JM to make a statement like this so here goes.After the the first loss to Bluefield earlier in the season all that you heard after the game was that JM didn't execute well....blah blah this and blah blah that.Well if I remember correctly Bluefield didn't exactly play their best game of the year also,but JM got what they wanted and that was a second chance at Bluefield and JM still couldn't beat Bluefield and now we hear the same ole excuses that JM didn't execute..... and blah blah this and blah blah that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how you could have the face to say that about JM. Bluefield has never lost a game that the refs didn't cheat or Bluefield didn't play to their potential..Talk about two-faced....