D1 Region D

hokiepanther

hows the D1 Region D tournament sizing up? Twin Valley won the BDD last nite against hurley, so they should be a pretty big factor. Ive also heard alot of good things about thomas walker but ive never got to see them play.... thoughts?

Thomas Walker has a good record but who knows how good they are. The Cumberland isn't all that strong (but you could also say that about the BDD). TW is so far away it's hard to keep up with them.

I saw in the paper today that TW has lost 4 games (2 in district). One of those district losses came to Castlewood the other probably came against Coeburn (I don't know that for sure, but Coeburn is the second placed team). The other two losses, I don't know where they came from. I think they play some KY schools down there. They play at Castlewood next week at Castlewood. Probably as close as they'll be until the Region Tournament

tv has only lost 6 games and only one game since weve had all of your players and that was to a AAA Team so it sounds like there definitely gonna be our biggest threat in the region.. but castlewood only beat us by four points and we didnt have garrett and like ive said b4 the boys dont play right when one of them is missing so that should give us a slight advantage but it should still be a dogfight

I agree, TV plays much, much better with Garrett in there. Plus, those other losses were early in the year and I think it's obvious that TV is playing loads better than they did early in the season.

Concerning Thomas Walker, they may be the biggest competition in the Region they may not, it's just hard to tell where we never see them.

You raise a good point porchy. No way do I think that TV is the best Single A team in Southwest Virginia. The teams you mentioned are tough and will be tough going into the post season tourneys. I really don't think that TV could've beaten Gate City (they may not have had to play George Wythe since they're Region C) and may not have beaten Virginia High or Castlewood (even though I would've liked their chances against Castlwood much better considering they've seen them twice already).

But that's off the point, I believe that in Region D there's no doubt that TV benefited the most from the divisional split. That may not always be the case, but this year and next I think it is. At the risk of sounding over confident, the split leads to the question at hand--who is going to compete with TV in the Region D tourney? Thomas Walker, who else? The state is a different subject, but Region D division 1 is weak. Agree or Disagree? I think I'll introduce this as a new thread.

tvp im racking my brain tryin to figure out who you are but im pretty sure your not a student cuz you handle things with alotta maturity unlike myself. but i totally agree here this is a really weak division i thought TV was the only good team in Region D D1 until i got news of TW but im hopin we'll at least make it to substate this year.

Twin Springs 57 Thomas Walker 46

From the Bristol paper:

Twin Springs 57, Thomas Walker 46

Devon Matthews scored a game-high 23 points as Twin Springs downed Cumberland District Rival Thomas Walker.

Cody Hall added 17 points for Twin Springs.

Dude Overton led Thomas Walker with 12. Cody Williams had 10.

THOMAS WALKER (46)

Scott 0, Hensley 9, Sadler 1, Escobar 0, OVerton 12, Williams 10, Hawkins 0, Trent 6, Welch 0, Giles 8.

TWIN SPRINGS (57)

Matthews 23, Criswell 5, Jordan 4, Hall 17, Smith 0, Estep 8, Powers 0.

Thomas Walker 7 13 7 16-46

Twin Springs 11 10 16 17-57

3-point goals – Thomas Walker 3 (Overton 3), Twin Springs 4 (Matthews 3, Criswell).

As said before, barring no upsets. I think they'll still can get in depending on how the district tournament and such goes. But yeah, Lebanon looks to be the one going in.

Actually, the last Lee/Lebanon was "all that close" haha.