Grundy@Richlands

wave_20

i hope am wrong

richlands 71

grundy 58

Mulkey may have had his worst game at Grundy so far this year, I gotta a feelin he will tear up Grundy. Plus Grundy knowing they dont have just about any shot to win the SWD will come out flat. Once again i hope i am wrong..

[ QUOTE ]

i hope am wrong

richlands 71

grundy 58

Mulkey may have had his worst game at Grundy so far this year, I gotta a feelin he will tear up Grundy. Plus Grundy knowing they dont have just about any shot to win the SWD will come out flat. Once again i hope i am wrong..

[/ QUOTE ]this is like the UNC Duke game of SWVA it will be a tight game

[ QUOTE ]

grundy 63 richlands 47...

how can anybody get over loosing to hurley!! no disrespect to hurley but richlands shoulda blown them out!! big win for hurley, a downer for the blues..

[/ QUOTE ]

But since then we have beat Tazewell by 43 so... It depends on what Grundy team shows up. The one at Twin Valley or the one at Grundy when they beat us. It will be a good game though. Do you know if your bringing a student section?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

grundy 63 richlands 47...

how can anybody get over loosing to hurley!! no disrespect to hurley but richlands shoulda blown them out!! big win for hurley, a downer for the blues..

[/ QUOTE ]

But since then we have beat Tazewell by 43 so... It depends on what Grundy team shows up. The one at Twin Valley or the one at Grundy when they beat us. It will be a good game though. Do you know if your bringing a student section?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think so...

[ QUOTE ]

Why not? We brought one down there. Oh well lol. Should be an awesome game

[/ QUOTE ]

Grundys student section has died bascaially, we are going to try to start it back friday night for homecoming, but ill be there tonight for Grundy but im pretty sure were not bringing a cheering section.

Hmm. What to say about this game. Ive never felt so bad leaving a court. I have the stomach flu and all that jumping and screaming really took a toll on me. Billinger cherry-picked all night. He had to have had 20 points off cherry-picking. We had a horrible night shooting. And the atmosphere wasnt what i thought it would be. Ill comment more tomorrow when im not puking my brains out.

Just got back, Billenter probely had one of the best games of the year for Grundy. DJ played good D on Mulkey i thought. Although Grundy has not lived up to the potential this year like everybody thought they would, they beat Richlands both time, which is a big plus. Next matchup for Grundy is Marion home friday night (homecoming) . Hopefully we can get the student section back.

[ QUOTE ]

Its hard to get back on defense when your playing 5 on 4 offense. By the time Grundy got the rebound and our players turned to run back on defense the ball had already been thrown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just A thought The Point guard is suppose get back on defense and have the basket covered and stop the ball when his team or the offense scores or misses

True. But our Point Guard was going to the basket and either taking layups or dishing it to an open player in the corner. Most of the time he was under the basket when the ball was thrown. He did make it back a few times.

[ QUOTE ]

True. But our Point Guard was going to the basket and either taking layups or dishing it to an open player in the corner. Most of the time he was under the basket when the ball was thrown. He did make it back a few times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then the other guard, or another player, should have been dropping back.

I think we are beginning to see why basketball in the SWD, and Tazewell Co. in particular sucks...NO BASIC FUNDAMENTALS OF HOW THE GAME IS SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYED...sad but true...

I don't disagree with you, but part of the Grundy game plan seems to be to be routinely having one to two players that "cherry pick" the entire game. This is truely part of there offense. They seem to get 12-15 points each game like this.