3 09/19/08 A CHARLOTTE COUNTRY DAY SCHOOL NC

4 09/26/08 H OAK HILL

5 10/03/08 A ROBERT C BYRD (CLARKSBURG)

6 10/11/08 H RICHLANDS, VA

7 10/17/08 A MT. VIEW

8 10/23/08 A SCOTT (LAIDLEY FIELD)

9 10/31/08 A JAMES MONROE

[/ QUOTE ]

It has been at 9 games for several weeks. The person that originally entered the schedule onto the SSAC website left off the James Monroe game.

[ QUOTE ]

James Monroe had not sent the contract...just came today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing it got signed before, and if, Jackson becomes the coach again. I have serious doubts the series will continue past the newly signed contract if Jackson is named coach. He was notorious for scheduling as many cupcakes as possible...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

James Monroe had not sent the contract...just came today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing it got signed before, and if, Jackson becomes the coach again. I have serious doubts the series will continue past the newly signed contract if Jackson is named coach. He was notorious for scheduling as many cupcakes as possible...

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why did we start playing Bluefield again during his last season in 2002? We also had Mt View then, and Wyoming East when they were on fire. I kinda think Bluefield's on reason he's coming back. Every time he goes to a bad weather game he probably thinks about the 3-0 loss to Bluefield that last year.

After watching the championship game, he probably decided he had unfinished business. I've been as tough a critic of Jackson as anyone, but anyone who thinks that James Monroe will somehow be an easier opponent if he comes back is in for a nasty surprise.

He scheduled Bluefield again in 2002 b/c he saw how badly James Monroe dominated Bluefield in a 2001 scrimmage at Lindside. He knew he could beat an even younger Bluefield team in 2002 with much of his 2001 team returning, so he scheduled the game. Unfortunately for him, he had to face Bluefield twice in 2002 and was badly out-coached in the playoff game by Coach Simon and his team out-played by a great group of freshmen and sophomores.

[ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately for him, he had to face Bluefield twice in 2002 and was badly out-coached in the playoff game by Coach Simon

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll agree with that. My 7-year old daughter could've out coahed the Maverick's staff that night.

[ QUOTE ]

something to do with the Va schedules. couldnt be worked out. it also effected the Graham game being two weeks into their sched.

[/ QUOTE ]

VA is starting their season a week earlier than WV which i hope doesnt give Graham too much of an advantage

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

something to do with the Va schedules. couldnt be worked out. it also effected the Graham game being two weeks into their sched.

[/ QUOTE ]

VA is starting their season a week earlier than WV which i hope doesnt give Graham too much of an advantage

[/ QUOTE ]

They'll need the extra practice.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They'll also have a game under their belt before the Graham-Beaver game too...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which should turn out to be a big advantage with the youth we will have next season.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, you'll need it...

That is a major advantage for Graham if it happens. Most High school teams, even veteran teams needs 2-3 weeks to really get into sinc, and having already played someone makes a big difference.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And I guess those three weeks of "Spring Practice" doesn't help you?

[ QUOTE ]

Those spring practices just help you to learn the plays and practice fundamentals. You dont truly find out what a team has until you put the pads on in august.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep believing that.....you can basically put in your offense and defense in that amount of time. That is a huge advantage. That is something you don't have to work on in August.