Presidential Election Poll...

GHS06

Who will win  

1. 1. Who will win

LOL.........can't vote republican....I would like our country to prosper sometime soon. It would be nice to have our troops home....at least more home than away. It would also be nice to have a president that can speak.

[ QUOTE ]

LOL.........can't vote republican....I would like our country to prosper sometime soon. It would be nice to have our troops home....at least more home than away. It would also be nice to have a president that can speak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or one that doesn't make the U.S. look like an idiot cowboy every time he visits another country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVTuMENn92M

Just vote for the best candidate!!

I mean, come on. Don't let the party define you. Pick the candidate who you think is the most competent. Do research from unbiased websites (yes, it is possible) and pick the one who you agree with most after looking over ALL of them. Too much of politics is word-of-mouth. Because that's the nature of politics today, we get views that are filtered through a lot of people, picking up each person's biases along the way. So quit listening to what you only want to hear and start listening openly to what the other side has to say. From that, make your judgment on who you think the most competent is.

By the way, a black or woman president is very circumstantial. Is America ready for either of these two to lead the country? I personally don't think so. So it's circumstance and the events and people of right now that are determining the vote. It is the qualities and characteristics of the person running that we should be worried about, not their race or gender. So asking if America is ready for any black president or any woman president is a tough question. It should be asking if America is ready for this Black Man or this Woman. That way, the focus is on a person, not a whole race or gender.

If we're not ready now, when will we ever be? This country preaches about equality and justice for all, but we can't even see past the color of someone's skin or their gender for the greater good of the people. It's very sad.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would also be nice if our last president hadn't [censored]-footed around with Saddam and Bin Laden for 8 years, and emboldened terrorists to strike us hard on our own soil. I know alot can happen in the next 11 months, but there's alot to be said for the fact that we haven't had a major attack on the U.S. since 9/11/01, and there aren't many of us over the age of 25 who thought we'd be able to see that at this point.

Bottom line is the Clinton years gave everyone a false sense of security, and we're paying the price now, Al Gore would've had just as much of a mess to clean up as Bush, and there've been alot of times I was glad he wasn't the one in charge.

If there was one reason (and there are several) why I wouldn't vote for Obama or Clinton, it's because they will send to troops home, and the enemies of America won't be far behind. Being a P.O.W. himself and knowing how bad war can be, and how to recognize a bad situation, McCain will due what it takes to WIN THE WAR. If we pull out no, all the men and women who have died will have done it for nothing, and, make no mistake about it, we will be fighting this war on our streets.

Plus that, I'm just not comfortable with voting for a guy who's name rhyms with Osama. And Hillary, well, if you want to live in a communist country that bad, hear's your chance.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would also be nice if our last president hadn't [censored]-footed around with Saddam and Bin Laden for 8 years, and emboldened terrorists to strike us hard on our own soil. I know alot can happen in the next 11 months, but there's alot to be said for the fact that we haven't had a major attack on the U.S. since 9/11/01, and there aren't many of us over the age of 25 who thought we'd be able to see that at this point.

Bottom line is the Clinton years gave everyone a false sense of security, and we're paying the price now, Al Gore would've had just as much of a mess to clean up as Bush, and there've been alot of times I was glad he wasn't the one in charge.

If there was one reason (and there are several) why I wouldn't vote for Obama or Clinton, it's because they will send to troops home, and the enemies of America won't be far behind. Being a P.O.W. himself and knowing how bad war can be, and how to recognize a bad situation, McCain will due what it takes to WIN THE WAR. If we pull out no, all the men and women who have died will have done it for nothing, and, make no mistake about it, we will be fighting this war on our streets.

Plus that, I'm just not comfortable with voting for a guy who's name rhyms with Osama. And Hillary, well, if you want to live in a communist country that bad, hear's your chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

great post Mavrocks. I agree completely with everything you said. Thanks for your words and your great service to this country...

And on a lighter side not only does Obama's name rhyme with Osama, but his middle name is Hussein. No this is not a joke. What would the terrorists think about that?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

great post Mavrocks. I agree completely with everything you said. Thanks for your words and your great service to this country...

And on a lighter side not only does Obama's name rhyme with Osama, but his middle name is Hussein. No this is not a joke. What would the terrorists think about that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, we really have our priorities straight...voting for, or not voting for a guy based on what his name rhymes with. What would the terrorist think about it? They may like the fact that we would elect "one of them" (as you all must think) as our President?

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, we really have our priorities straight...voting for, or not voting for a guy based on what his name rhymes with. What would the terrorist think about it? They may like the fact that we would elect "one of them" (as you all must think) as our President?

[/ QUOTE ]

note where I said on a lighter note... the bashing of his name is just icing on the cake, and gives us more reason not to like and smear Barack Hussien Obama.

I think we all do not like Barack Obama, especially on where he stands on issues, i know i posted about 10 reasons why earlier, so his name does not change my vote. We just like to smear him a little...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

note where I said on a lighter note... the bashing of his name is just icing on the cake, and gives us more reason not to like and smear Barack Hussien Obama.

I think we all do not like Barack Obama, especially on where he stands on issues, i know i posted about 10 reasons why earlier, so his name does not change my vote. We just like to smear him a little...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was reffering to this remark made by mavsrock...

[ QUOTE ]

Plus that, I'm just not comfortable with voting for a guy who's name rhyms with Osama.

[/ QUOTE ]

I’m not saying that I will voting for the guy or that I agree with his views, but I think even considering not voting for a guy based on what his name sounds like is pretty ignorant and may even be considered bigoted.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're naive to assume that just because McCain is a veteran, he has all of the answers to our terrorism related problems. There are other issues to solve in our country besides war such as our economy (it helps to have a thriving economy if you're going to win any war) and healthcare. On the subject of the war on terrorism, McCain's experience would definitely be invaluble but first of all you have to realize that this war is one that we have never fought the likes of in our 200+ year existence as a country. We are now fighting a religious ideaology and not a political philsophy such as Communism, Marxism, etc. Regardless of who is president, Republican or Democrat, this is a war that will likely take decades to win because it isn't as simple as invading a country anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I’m not saying that I will voting for the guy or that I agree with his views, but I think even considering not voting for a guy based on what his name sounds like is pretty ignorant and may even be considered bigoted.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should note the other reasons I listed for not voting for him. Trust me, his name has nothing to do with why I won't vote for him. And saying that could be considered bigoted? To say the least that's a bit of a stretch

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should note the other reasons I listed for not voting for him. Trust me, his name has nothing to do with why I won't vote for him. And saying that could be considered bigoted? To say the least that's a bit of a stretch

[/ QUOTE ]

Why else would you have a problem with the guys name? Because it sounds like it could be someones name from the middle east... that sounds like merriam-websters definition of bigotry to me....one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That'd be about the same as me considering you an ignorant redneck from Monroe County but that isn't so outlandish to say considering the statements you've made about voting for someone based on their last name.

More LIBERAL than Ted Kennedy.....that says it all

Article from NY POST

BARACKGROUND INFO

By IAN BISHOP

December 12, 2006 -- WASHINGTON - Barack Hussein Obama is a soaring political superstar right now - but he also sports one of the most liberal voting records in the Senate and has a shady land deal in his recent past.

Democratic activists are swooning over Obama as the party's presidential alternative to Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, but critics say voters still have a lot to learn about the first-term Illinois Democrat.

Largely overlooked in the hubbub over the Democrats' election sweep last month was Obama's backpedaling over a questionable land deal he struck in 2005 with a tainted political fund-raiser, Tony Rezko, who has since been indicted by feds in an alleged pay-to-play scheme.

The seeds for the deal were planted in 2004, when Obama got a big-money book contract after winning his Senate seat. With the book cash, he bought a swanky Illinois mansion in June 2005 for $1.65 million. On the same day that Obama closed on the home, Rezko paid $625,000 for the adjacent vacant lot.

Six months later, Obama expanded the size of his yard by buying a strip of Rezko's land for only $105,000.

Obama insists the transaction was aboveboard, but he has been contrite about the appearance of impropriety.

"It was a mistake to have been engaged with him [Rezko] at all in this or any other personal business dealing that would allow him, or anyone else, to believe that he had done me a favor," Obama said in a statement distributed to Chicago reporters.

"For that reason, I consider this a mistake on my part, and I regret it."

In the Senate, Obama's liberal voting record belies the centrist themes he strikes on the stump.

The liberal lobbying group Americans for Democratic Action gives Obama a 100 percent voting rating - 5 points to the left of Sen. Ted Kennedy, who gets a 95 percent grade.

Obama backed a withdrawal of troops from Iraq, supported international funding for groups that provide abortion, and opposed reauthorization of the Patriot Act.

And a Congressional Quarterly review found Obama has a near-perfect partisan voting record, casting his lot with the Democratic Party line 97 percent of the time - higher than Clinton and dead even with Sen. John Kerry (Mass.).

ian.bishop@nypost.com

I agreee that he has the repub nomination.....and if I had to vote repub....I would vote for him.....although his view on Iraq is always the same and good. I have a feeling we might see an African American as President...I have no prob with that either.

[ QUOTE ]

As interesting as this discussion is, it's pretty much academic.

John McCain wins in November, mainly because he has the fewest significant negatives.

[/ QUOTE ]

McCain is far from a shoe in for president, he hasn't even convinced a lot of people within his own party that he's right for the job. He should hope that Clinton wins the Democratic nod because in several polls he is trailing Obama by 5-7% on average, while he holds a similar margin over Clinton in comparative polls. Additionally, Obama has been getting a good number of independents and Republicans in his faction.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

As interesting as this discussion is, it's pretty much academic.

John McCain wins in November, mainly because he has the fewest significant negatives.

[/ QUOTE ]

McCain is far from a shoe in for president, he hasn't even convinced a lot of people within his own party that he's right for the job. He should hope that Clinton wins the Democratic nod because in several polls he is trailing Obama by 5-7% on average, while he holds a similar margin over Clinton in comparative polls. Additionally, Obama has been getting a good number of independents and Republicans in his faction.

[/ QUOTE ]

The conservatives in the Republican party ARE having a hard time in seeing McCain as the nominee b/c he's been more liberal on issues in the past; however, you can equate that to families having serious disagreements around the dinner table, but, come morning they're still family in spite of differences.

I know the less conservative Republicans see McCain as an excellent candidate.

I do not see Obama having/getting a good number of Republicans in his faction. I know Obama is not getting the conservative side and I would not think the less conservative Republicans would be voting for Obama as they like McCain just fine.